All reviewsbreakfast attendanthallways are narrowsingle roomwindow unitfree breakfaststay there againyogurtchest of drawersper nightconvenient locationbed was comfortablegrand central stationtimes squaremanhattanblocksubwaystarbucks
Reviewed April 21, 2016

A great stay for over 6 days wit friendly staff ho ar most helpful.
We where without luggage this was lost in transfer and the staff members were calling every day till it arrived after 5 days.
The price is inclusive breakfast overall we enjoy the stay much.

Room Tip: we sleep on the side of the Hotel and was quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2016

Recently (April 2016) I was lucky enough to be able to attend the Tartan Day Parade In New York City - but where to stay ?? I needed a Manhattan place, i needed it to be somewhat affordable - I was so fortunate to find this hotel on Park Avenue. The Clarion is very conveniently located on Park Avenue and while the hotel does not have a restaurant onsite, there are many options right on the street - Starbucks right across the street and Sarabeths right down the block to mention two. I did read a review saying the hotel had small rooms but hey its New York City - the rooms are small. I found the room rather than small - it was cozy - not going to have a party in this room - but the bed was so comfortable, the dresser and wardrobe so roomy for all my belongings. Big plus at this hotel is the staff. All were friendly, helpful and nice. There is a morning breakfast service and the young man staffing it Naibil very helpful. I also liked the price of this hotel. New York hotels are expensive - this one was affordable - I booked thru the Choice Hotel site.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed April 16, 2016

The Clarion Hotel is on Park Avenue just south of 30th Street in Manhattan. Great central location to a number of attractions and a short walk south on Park Avenue to Grammercy, the Flatiron and a few blocks south of the Empire State Building. It's an easy stroll north to Madison Square Garden and the shopping district that surrounds it.

I was in a single room, single being 1 bed, and while the room was very small, it was comfortable. The hotel has a lift and the corridors are very thin, I could lay my suitcase across the floor of the corridor and it wouldn't fit! The room had very little storage, a wardrobe with sufficient space for some clothes and shoes, a small desk with a chair and the television was mounted on the wall. Not an ideal room for lounging or relaxing although visiting New York is not about staying in your room.

The bed was clean, very comfortable, the pillows were comfortable and plenty of bedding to ward off any winter cold without using the heater. My room was away from the street so no noise to disrupt my sleep and the curtains kept out most of the light.

The bathroom was very functional, very clean although small wit the shower stall a nice size but not big! Complimentary products are provided, the usual things however again storage was an issue, keep that in mind.

My stay included breakfast, continental, help yourself and the food was fresh each morning, pastries, bread, cereal, fruit and hot food as well. The breakfast sittings were well patronised and the restaurant while small was well looked after and inviting.

There are many positives for Clarion, the staff are friendly and very helpful, complimentary newspapers, complimentary wi-fi which worked very well all over the hotel, great price, great central location, comfortable clean bed and clean bathroom. The only downside would be the lack of storage and the small room, which for me was not an issue but might be for others who are accustomed to larger rooms. As I said before, New York is the kind of city where you're out and about most of the day and possibly the night, so from that perspective the Clarion Hotel is ideal.

It's approximately USD50 plus tip, to La Guardia airport and slightly more to JFK and the airport shuttle is a good option USD19 from LaGuardia.

I'll definitely being heading back and would recommend you look at it when planning your next trip to the Big Apple!!

Room Tip: If you can, try to book a room away from Park Avenue
  • Stayed: November 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed April 14, 2016 via mobile

The price is high, but that's due to location. The location is very good. Only about a 15 minute walk from Madison Square Garden, which is where I was seeing a concert. It's also only a few blocks away from a subway entrance heading either direction. The room is tiny, but it serves its purpose. Over the course of 3 days and 2 nights, I spent about an hour there when I wasn't sleeping. In Manhattan, there's no reason to be in your hotel room other than to sleep and get ready for the day. The bathroom is uncomfortably tiny, but the toilet flushed and the shower had hot water. Can't ask for much more than that. No view from the bedroom window, but who cares? It's NYC. I expected nothing less than looking out the window and seeing another building 2 feet away. The hotel staff were not super friendly, but not unapproachable either. They did their job, but did not impress in any way. The room was clean enough, although I found what looked like a cleaning brush left behind on the window sill. I didn't touch it, and it didn't bother me. Overall, the stay was good, and about what I expected. 4/5 stars.

Stayed: April 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed April 7, 2016 via mobile

Spent 3 nights in the big apple to catch some early spring time in Central Park, comedy clubs, museums and cultural food. It's easy to drop a grand or more around the city so we try to save a few bucks and stay at the Clarion on park ave south.

It's centrally located, good clean rooms, great breakfast and very fast friendly service.

This was our 2nd stay here and the staff is great Pedro and Nabil ( night shift and day shift) are great. They are both great guys who add at least 50% to your stay. Just ask Pedro for directions or where to go or which trains to use on the subway and he makes it easy for you. Nabil is just as great and extremely helpful. They both work their butts off there..

Clarion needs to retain these guys as they make the trip and stay there more enjoyable.

Tips: get there early and leave early. If you try to drive in or drive out later in the day, you will need Prozac to drive through the city.

If you get in early and your room is not ready, they will hold your bags.

I've stayed other places in NYC but we found a place that just feels right.

Another great stay.. Thanks again...

Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple