All reviewsbreakfast attendanthallways are narrowsingle roomwindow unitfree breakfaststay there againyogurtchest of drawersper nightconvenient locationcomfy bedgrand central stationtimes squaremanhattanblocksubwaystarbucks
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Good hotel, well located. Do not expect big rooms or a luxurius breakfast, but this clarion has a great location, it is next to the subway and major NY landmarks. Definitly i would come back to the Clarion Park Avenue, a good priced, clean and affordable hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Glizaraz
Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

One of my worst hotels in NY! Room was too small and air conditioning was very very noisy. Very expensive for the type of Hotel. I spent 160$ per night, 2 people. At least it was clean. Would never book again.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank simleon
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stayed here for three nights 7/25/12-7/28/12 and was very surprised at the hotel for the price I paid. The hotel is very clean with somewhat modern and well kept rooms. The staff is very curtious and held my bags for me before and after check-in (I arrived early and left late). Although the rooms are very small (and I mean very) they had very comfortable beds, flat screens, decent furnishing, clean bathrooms, and most of the ammenities I needed with the exception of a fridge/microwave. I would not recommend more than 3 in one room.
The location of the hotel is great! It is across the street from the 6 subway station and can get you anywhere in the city within 30 minutes. The neighborhood has plenty of stores and restaraunts that stay open 24/7. I took the subway from Yankee stadium in the Bronx back with my 7 year old son (I am a young woman by they way) and didnt arrive back until midnight. The streets surrounding the hotel were full of people who appeared to be coming from local restaraunts, stores, and lounges...I felt very safe, even at that time of night. The breakfast was decent for continental. The staff will make you waffles upon request but it's pretty much just your typical cereal, danish/muffins, fruit, espresso, juice etc. But atleast it's free. I would definately stay here again because you can't beat the price and quality for this location in NYC (unless you want to stay in a hostal or share a bathroom). I gave it only 4 stars simply because of the size of the rooms and the ugly view of back alley and rooftops (I was in the back of the hotel).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Gina H
Reviewed July 18, 2012

First and foremost, this is a 2 star hotel, and as such, is great. Dated, but comfy and ultra convienent location to our end point - hubby's office - and for me, the subway. Close to the subway, close to everything in NYC. In fact, I am off to a walking tour of Revolutionary sites now in lower Manhattan!

Back to the hotel... nice staff, free breakfast (but go get a manhattan bagel!), comfortable bed. Very small rooms but that's okay. It was clean. Remember you are at a 2 star, the price is great, and you will not have all the amenities of a higher rated hotel. Go with low expectations and be pleasantly surprised. Will stay again, and am writing this review from room 505.

Room Tip: A/c is individual - make sure you adjust it (we put to low, and less cold) because it is either on or off... no temp adjustments. I had to stand on a chair to get it right so we didn't freeze all night.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank travelgirl502
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Pros:
Great Location - Right near subway, Starbucks across the road (closes in the evening though), Convenience store right across the street. Not too crowded.

Cons:
Small rooms as stated in the other reviews, but its NYC so you will be out most of the day. Also the air con is loud but after a whole day of walking, you will mostly be super tired and will be able to sleep anyway.

Hallways are also narrow. Fresh towels supplied every day. We were on 1st floor and Wifi was very good. Breakfast was basic but fresh.

Wouldn't mind staying here again if I was in NYC!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kool_Cat78