All reviewsbreakfast attendanthallways are narrowsingle roomwindow unitfree breakfaststay there againyogurtchest of drawersper nightconvenient locationbed was comfortablegrand central stationtimes squaremanhattanblocksubwaystarbucks
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I booked a room online for a three day stay. I had been traveling with my family the whole day and got to the hotel around midnight, so I was pretty tired. When I finally arrived, the lobby looked really spacious and elegant. I had a lot of luggage with me but hauling all of it on the cart was no problem. Now here comes the bad part. The elevator was ridiculously small. The cart took up the whole elevator so it was very challenging for myself and the cart to fit in there. Once the elevator opened up to my floor, I was beyond shocked. The hallways were so narrow, I had difficulty maneuvering the cart to get it to the front of my room. Apparently the hallways weren't the only thing that was small because when I entered my room, I was so surprised to see how small the room was. I was almost afraid to walk around (if that was even possible) in the room because of the weight of my luggage, myself, and the constant squeaking of the floors. The corners of the carpet were really dusty. The air condition was so high up, so there was no way to change the temperature in the room except for the light switch which apparently turns it on and off. There was no radio alarm clock so that was weird. I have to admit that the bathroom was pretty nice except for the bathroom door that does not lock. There was only one window and I actually expected to see some sort of street or a view of the city but when I looked outside, it was a solid wall. Why add a window then? I went down to the front desk requesting an extra pillow and blanket. I was handed a pillow with no cover. THAT IS RIDICULOUS. How can I use the pillow without a cover? The next day, I went down for breakfast to find that their breakfast room was also small and that they only had waffles for a hot breakfast instead of full hot breakfast. Their front desk weren't all that friendly either. Overall, it seems like the hotel does not follow Choice Hotels guidelines.

Room Tip: I don't recommend staying here with family. If you're rooming by yourself then maybe it will work somehow.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Piggers20
Reviewed March 29, 2012

A small city center hotel near to the Empire State Building, half way between downtown and uptown and with the underground station just nearby.
A very good breakfast included in the room price is waiting for you.
..................................................................................................................................................

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Our room had ample space for our 5 day stay, the room service was above what was expected
I.e changing of bed every day & general cleaning of room & bathroom.
It was noise free & staff were very accommodating to any requests we had....
It was in the perfect location for all the main tourists attractions, subway was just a block away.
The breakfast wasn't 5 star but was perfect to start the day in the big apple :)
This was my third stay in new York, which I have stayed in more expensive bigger hotels but my advice is keep your money for shopping etc & stay at the clarion.

Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Mike S
Reviewed February 23, 2012

It doesn´t promess more than it is. The hotel location was very good, walking distance to Times Square, The Empire State and Central Park and only a block away from the metro. The room was nice but small, the staff hepful and kind, the breakfast perfect to go out and walk a lot. If you are looking for a cheap and great located hotel is perfect for you.

Room Tip: The bakery in the corner is excellent!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Maria_washington
Reviewed January 11, 2012

We needed two beds, but the staff gave us two only for a surcharge of 30 USD.
Room we got was very spacious, but facing the Park Avenue. VERY noisy in evening, windows are absolutely not sound proof.
Bathroom was generally OK, with a window on the fire escape stairs. BUT the glass was not obscure, so the whole bath room was clearly visible.
My friend told me he heard somebody outside (drunk??), so we attached a towel to the window.
Continental breakfast is OK.
All and all, it seems to be a good, albeit rather faceless and unpretentious, option for NYC.

Room Tip: Better ask for a window-less room, if you are noise sensitive.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends