“Great place to stay”

Ranked #11 of 467 Hotels in New York City
belgium
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed September 3, 2010

The Bryant Park hotel is just a great place to stay. We had no complaints what-so-ever.My only remark perhaps is to hang some nice modern paintings on the wall so that the room seems a bit warmer.
Our room: a junior suite nr 2203 (350 dollar weekend, 450 weekdays): impeccable!
Some nice tips:
take your breakfast just next to the hotel at 'Le Pain Quotidien';
Koi restaurant in the hotel: superb Japanese food
visit Clesea Market with just behind it Highline Elevated Park;
have a nice dinner in the Meatpacking district in resto 'Pastis' (pastisny.com);
a must do (!!): the Apollo theater on wednesday evening (amateur night!); you can buy a ticket at the box office or online (ticketmaster);
take a private tourguide (realnewyorktours.com).
Enjoy the Big Apple and enjoy Bryant Park hotel.

1 Thank bruno.bemelmans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (760)
  • Korean first
New York and Florida
Reviewed September 2, 2010

Walking into the all red lobby was slightly unnerving for this senior citizen, but once we arrived at our room we were wonderfully surprised at the clean, modern and roomy accommodations. Our room did face a wall, but we didn't come for the view from the room although it would have been nice.. The bathroom was incredible, considering the usual size of NYC bathrooms. The shower and bathtub were as visually attractive as they were useful. The huge fluffy towels and bathrobes were a nice touch. The bed was comfortable with its goosedown comforter. The room itself was large and bright and everything was clean, clean, clean. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. My only complaint would be a charge for internet in this day and age and considering the price of the room, it seems almost tacky. We were there two nights and it was certainly an oasis in the middle of the city.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 28, 2010

I have been working on a project in NYC and staying at different hotels, but recently spent 3 nights at The Bryant Park Hotel. It was such a fabulous experiece that my office has already booked by next 3 trips in advance to ensure I can stay at this location. The staff is so polite and genuinely interested in the well-being of its customers, that I actually sent the manager a message complimenting them on their efforts following my first stay. The rooms are clean, fresh, and truly comfortable; the bed was amazing, and there was even a sound machine in the room to make sleeping in the city easier! The lights were on when I returned from work late at night along with a selected sound from the machine, and chocolates awaited me on the pillow. No matter what assistance I needed, someone was willing to help and without the typical 'customer service game face' you often experience with hotel staff. Also important to mention is that the hotel is conveniently located next to the beautiful Bryant Park and everything is well-lit and easy to get to on foot. In 15 years of traveling for work, I have never felt-compelled to write a review for a hotel but this one gets a thumbs up! Kudos to Darren, Felix, John and Eric...and everyone else who makes this place great! Am looking forward to my upcoming stays there....

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
BryantParkHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2010
Thank you so much for your amazing feedback. I am so glad you had a great stay. I couldn't wait to share it with the team, especially Felix, John and Eric. Everyone remembers you well and can't wait for your return. let me know if I can ever be of assistance. Darren Dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 27, 2010

Perfect location, close to everything and across the street from a wonderful park. Very nice rooms, fair price for NYC, but most of all EXCELLENT customer service. Every single staff member was friendly, efficient, cheerful, and very helpful. I wouldn't stay anyplace else in NYC

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Relations at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take it very seriously and so thrilled you enjoyed your stay. I hope you come back soon. You have to come back during the holidays, Bryant Park is transformed in a winter wonderland. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Hong Kong
Reviewed August 27, 2010

I had a fantastic time at this hotel. I have stayed at the Bryant Park before on a business trip and this time I chose it for a stay in New York with friends and family on vacation. It was great to show off my "home away from home" in New York to first time visitors. We were all impressed. I have stayed at quite a few other hotels in New York over the last few years, both big chains and boutique, and for me the Bryant Park wins hands down.

It's a unique hotel in a unique building and in a great Midtown location right on Bryant Park. On a sunny day it's nice to start the day with a take out croissant breakfast in park itself (although the hotel has a perfectly nice restauant if you prefer) - there's always lots going on in the Park in summer from evening films and concerts to lunchtime open forum discussions with authors. The rooms are bright and airy, the bathrooms are well designed and very clean, the towels and sheets are of high quality, and the staff across the board are fantastic. It does have a trendy feel, but it's so relaxed and welcoming that you don't have to be trendy to stay there!

I am looking forward to my next visit. Thank you to all at the Bryant Park.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2010
I am glad you tried us out again and ejoyed your stay equally as much. It sounds like you showed your first time visitors an amazing time. We love to welcome first timers, NY has so much to see and do. I hope during your next visit to NY you stay with us a 3rd time. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance. Darren Dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 23, 2010

On the plus side:
- Huge windows-- lots of light.
- Huge bathroom (with a tub-- rare in NYC).
- Molton Brown toiletries. (Major plus in my book.)
- Hardwood floors! No scary hotel carpet!
- Very courteous and friendly staff.
- The cafe next door (Lily O'Brien's) makes a decent cappuccino... and you get free chocolate with it.

Negatives:
- This is a matter of personal taste, but I thought the bed was extremely uncomfortable. As in hard as a rock. I know some people go for that, but I was disappointed.
- No iron/ironing board. How odd.
- Room service was open 24 hours (nice, given that I got in after midnight). But it was expensive (even for NYC), and nothing to write home about.
- It's 2010. Wifi should be free. (But I have to admit, at least this was fast.)

East Meadow, New York
Reviewed August 21, 2010

This is the second time my husband and I have stayed at the Bryant Park and both times have been fantastic. We checked in quickly and were given a room on the 7th floor. when we got upstairs and saw that it was right by the elevator we went back to the front desk and requested a different room. We were given a room on the 10th floor that was away from the elevator in a quiet corner. Since we stayed during the week there was a free open bar from 5-6 in the Cellar bar. Everything about our stay was wonderful - the room was clean and quiet, the staff was friendly and helpful and the location is great. We can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
BryantParkHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2010
So glad you loved us and that we met your expectations again 2nd time around. We loved having you and I hope your 3rd stay approaches soon. Let me know if I can ever be of assistance. Darren Sumner, Director of Front Office and Guest Services. Dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com