“Great location and Great value”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Hamburg, Germany
“Great location and Great value”
Reviewed August 10, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. it was a lovely hotel and out of the hustle and bustle. easy walk from city center. our room was nice thought we would have a better one though as given a deluxe room, i asked to change but hotel was full all time we stayed. we didn't spend lot of time in the room so no big deal. We were very relaxing with the Bar and restaurant at hotel. breakfast excellent included the room rate. it was a very European hotel. Great location and great value would definitely stay again

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (795)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I enjoyed my brief stay at the Bryant Park as I always do. In particular, this one night was much improved by the excellent service provided at the front desk by a kind gentleman named Darren who was welcoming, pleasant, and offered me an upgrade to my room that enhanced my stay and only made me want to get back there even sooner! The hotel is for sure chic and when I stay there, I feel a part of all that I look for in Manhattan. Just a great place and I look forward to my next stay there!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 9, 2010

my husband and i planned an anniversary trip to nyc, which included a yankee game. i booked the bryant park hotel because of location, great reviews and great price for the area. we arrived early in the morning around 9 am. we knew our room would not be ready (check in time isn't until 3 pm), so we checked our bags. valet parking was free if we got our car before 2 pm the next day. the staff was nothing but extremely nice and helpful. they offered to call and email when our room was ready. after walking around for a few hours, we called the hotel around 130, and our room was still not ready. We headed over to the hotel at 245 - still no room. After sitting in the lobby for another half an hour, with many other people arriving and checking in, ours was still not ready. at this point, we were going to be late for the game if we didn't get into the room soon, so my husband went to talk to the concierge - and our room was immediately ready. not sure what the hold up was. the room overall was great - really spacious, especially for nyc. the bathroom was gorgeous - all marble and really modern. we received a note that there would be a parade closing down 6th ave the next morning, so they wouldn't be able to access the valet garage between 10 am and 6 pm. we called for our car at 830 am, expecting a half an hour wait as we were told by the front desk. we checked out at 9 and waited outside for our car. at 1030, our car pulled up. during the time we waited, we were assured at least twice that the car was on the road. the hotel contracts with a garage for their valet, so it was not the hotel's fault, but waiting 2 hours for our car was completely unacceptable. we were late for an engagement at home. the hotel staff was friendly and very apologetic for the valet, which was out of their control, but we spent a lot of timing waiting around.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Chose the Bryant Park Hotel as it was centrally located with spacious rooms. My husband, son and I have stayed in the Times Square area in the past, but were looking for something with a little less hustle and bustle. The Bryant Park was exactly what we needed. Our room was peaceful and quiet with a great veiw of the Park, yet we were only a few blocks from Times Square.

We booked a Bryant Park suite which very spacious - our son slept in the separate sitting area and enjoyed having his own space/TV. The room was immaculate and we never heard any noise from other guests. The bathroom was great - large tub, shower with very strong water pressure - I never wanted to get out.

We did not order any room service, but there were a couple of good places right downstairs that had healthy and delicious breakfast options. We look forward to our next trip.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Asbury, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed August 5, 2010

This is our stay at the Bryant Park Hotel since November. We are all over the city when we're in town and their location is convenient and centralized. The staff is amazingly friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and immaculate, and with views of the Empire State Building and/or Bryant park, you can't go wrong! We've tried the restaurant and room service and both were fantastic (especially the late night room service!).

We'll be back in the city soon, and have no intention of staying anywhere else!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
BryantParkHotel, Manager at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2010
Thank you for your amazing review. Sexy happens to be one of our attributes. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. On behalf of the Bryant Park family. I hope you come back soon. Darren Sumner
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Thank you very much for helping Beth and I celebrate our engagement on 7/17. The Raymond Hood suite was perfect for us. Your hotel is gorgeous and relaxing. The hotel staff was very friendly, and you will definitely see Beth and I again. We would recommend this hotel as the service is great, rooms are very nice and the location in the city is perfect for a relaxing weekend. Thanks again, Bryan and Beth

• Stayed July 2010
Congratulations on your engagement! I am so glad we were able to make your special weekend even more special. Now you have to celebrate all your anniversaries with us. Feel free to call me directly anytime. Darren Sumner Director of Front Office and Guest Services 212 642 2274
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 31, 2010

My boyfriend and I spent June 15-18 in New York at the Bryant Park Hotel. It was our first time in New York so we didn’t know much about the city. Our room, the Junior Suite, was perfect. One of the reasons we chose this hotel is because the rooms are larger than most in the city.

What made all the difference was Luis at the concierge desk. He recommended a number of good restaurants and explained the subway system to us. He gave us subway directions to Yankee Stadium and Columbia, recommended a fantastic steakhouse down the corner, and recommended clubs in the Meatpacking District.

I was so curious about the city and the layout of Manhattan, we sat down with him for an hour and I asked him a millions questions. I wanted to understand New York from a New Yorkers’ perspective. He even opened up about himself—where he lives, etc.—so I could understand the lifestyle of a New Yorker. He was so friendly and gracious to answer all my questions. He really made our vacation that much better because we knew what to do to make the most of our short trip. And, thanks to him, we understood the uniqueness that is New York and we fell in love!

We had a wonderful stay and can’t wait to return.

Thank you Luis! We hope to see you soon.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple