“The wonderful topping on the cake”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Amarillo, Texas
“The wonderful topping on the cake”
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Our trip was perfect in every way. One of the main reasons was the hotel we stayed in was remarkable.This was a family "girl" trip and we all stayed together. The Bryant Park Hotel catered to our every need. We always felt safe and our location was perfect. The staff at the hotel is the best I have been around and they were courteous and so very attentive. Our hotel room was very large and emaculate. I will be back to New York City and will stay at The Bryant Park Hotel!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
BryantParkHotel, Front Office Manager at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2010
Great review! thank you. I am so glad you enjoyed your Family Girl trip and felt safe with us. Have you ever stayed with us during the winter? you would love the holiday shops in Bryant Park and the ice skating rink. Enjoy the rest of your summer. Darren

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (802)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London
Reviewed July 11, 2010

I have stayed at the Bryant Park hotel once a month for the last six months. On this latest visit my husband joined me.

The hotel has a great location, especially being opposite the park, which is a great place to chill out in the summer. During my stays the park was also home to an ice-skating rink, a NYC fashion week marquee and an outdoor cinema.

The staff are extremely helpful and friendly and the standard of accommodation is excellent, in a non-fussy way. I really enjoyed getting ready to the sound of the Bose stereo. All of the bathrooms were great, some have double aspect windows.

Rooms with park views are particularly nice. During the stay with my husband we were had a lovely suite with a terrace overlooking the park. It was fantastic sitting out there having breakfast.

There are often queues of people waiting to get into the Cellar Bar but this didn’t cause me any problems. I can’t comment on the atmosphere down there but the fact that so many people want to go suggests that it must be pretty cool.

Once I arrived at midnight to be informed that they didn’t have a room for me as a guest had flooded two rooms. They had arranged a suite for me nearby, which they paid for. When I returned to Bryant Park the next night I had been given a wonderful suite. They really couldn’t have done more to compensate for a problem that they didn’t create.

I/we will definitely stay at Bryant Park when we are next in NYC.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
dubai
Reviewed July 10, 2010

We stayed at the Bryant Park after checking out of a dated, rather musty smelling, and noisy A/C Waldorf Astoria which my wife hated. I had picked it out as an alternative care of Trip Advisor reviews and we were very happy with the move. The biggest positives were the brightness and cleanliness of the room, and the great balcony overlooking Bryant Park. We got an average rate of $320 for three nights and they gave us a regular room for park view – but I would strongly recommend room 2003, as it came with a full balcony which with the weather bright and warm was a great bonus. I would generally recommend paying a bit more for a park view as it gives so much brighter outlook than the common New York view of another nearby building – a la Waldorf. The website shows the general style – wood floors give a more modern feel for the room and the bathroom was very modern and stylish. Other upside – especially coming from the diabolical internet speeds of the Middle East is the internet – 100MB speed, so downloading anything is magic. We also asked for a blanket rather than a duvet and they sent up a top quality cashmere blanket. For those with time for the night life – 5pm – 6pm is free bar for residents, and then you have the saving of the queue at 10pm – one of the bars that seem favoured by 20-30 year old girls. Location is great for any work trips being in midst of MidTown, 50 metres from a good subway stop – with lines that branch after a couple of stops north and then go east and west; close to Times Square etc. There were some downsides – a) shower pressure was poor; given reviews specifically praising this, I assume it was an anomaly; and b) for working the room was poorly lit for nighttime – low wattage bulbs, and a tiny table for desk work – could easily have bit bigger desk and lights on dimmer for easier reading either in bed or for work. I also checked out on the same trip The Mark and The Surrey – for bigger budgets and/or preference for Upper East Side, the rooms on these relatively recently renovated rooms are excellent; and Sofitel – close to Bryant Park. For Mid Town and good value– Bryant Park is strongly recommended, well above Sofitel which had smaller rooms and not as stylish (but surprisingly higher up Trip Advisor ratings).

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Derbyshire
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Great Central location, only a few minutes walk from Times Square. The staff were friendly and my Fiancée and I were upgraded to a stylish suite overlooking Bryant Park for free!! We especially liked the free happy hour in the Cellar Bar.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jmccammon
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed July 8, 2010

We stayed at the hotel over the 4th of July weekend. When we arrived at 6:00am in the morning, our room was not yet ready, but was made available by 11:00am. Our room was a junior suite on the 14th floor, and although we didn't have a directly view of Bryant Park, we had a large balcony. The room was large and well appointed, with the bath being the perfect size. Being centrally located in midtown west allows for easy access to almost everywhere in Manhattan. The service staff were very friendly, and ALL of our needs were met. The beds are very comfortable ensuring a good night's rest. I will certainly be returning to this hotel when next in Manhattan.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
BryantParkHotel, Front Office Manager at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write such great comments about us. Nicole at the Front Desk believes that she remembers you. We were very excited to open up Trip Advisor this morning and find your feedback. I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer. The next time you visit NY please stay with us again, I would personally like to meet you. Darren Sumner 212-642-2274
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Courteous, helpful, smiling, friendly-that's the way hotel service should be and rarely is-but the Bryant Park is an exception. They treat you with such care and concern you never want to leave. The rooms are clean and large, and the beds very comfortable. Being across from the park is a huge plus, and there are many restaurants within a two block radius. It is away from the madness of Times Square but close enough to walk. AND-the price is more than competitive with other luxury hotels.
It just is not worth staying anywhere else!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Offshore
Reviewed June 29, 2010

I liked;
- quiet location (even 4th floor is peaceful)
- very good bathroom
- I liked the room but not everyones taste
I didn't like
- foyer and lift (visions of a Hamburg night club in the 1970's). It really does not add to the attraction of the Hotel with its classic facade
- being recommended a hole in the wall Chinese/Korean where the MSG % content was higher than the check. Anyone paying $350/$400 per night wants a quality evening meal especially if not in New York very often. Very odd recommendation.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple