“Fabulous hotel, great location, great staff, can't wait to return” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bryant Park Hotel

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Tipperary
“Fabulous hotel, great location, great staff, can't wait to return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2010

We stayed at this hotel in February for three nights. It is a fabulous hotel. Very cool and trendy. The staff were lovely and helpful, yet not over the top. When we arrived our bed looked a bit short so we asked them if we could change and there was no problem at all they moved us to a larger room and they couldn't have been more helpful. Really big bathrooms with gorgeous molton brown bath products also. A very cool mini bar with jars of sweets etc.... It is in a great location accross from Bryant Park at the back of the beautiful library and very close to Grand Central, Empire State, Times Square. The japanese restaurant attached to the hotel was absolutely fabulous. The staff were lovely and friendly and the food was gorgeous! so good we went there twice!! :-) Can't recommend the hotel enough!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (749)
  • Korean first
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2010

you can have anything you want, all you need to do is ask at this Hotel. Eric the events organiser set up chocolates and ballons on request to surprise my sis, she screamed with joy when she saw it, he was well planned and informative. Antonio called up a store for us to check if they had what we wanted. chris lent us his umbrella...they made our stay feel like we were in a movie. The bed was more comfy then my own havent slept as good since my stay. hotel was spotless. even though NY is a cool place, i believe its the service you get that makes ur holiday feel like a dream come true. the staff made us feel so welcome we did not want to leave.

• Stayed February 2010
GB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2010

I would seriously recommend this hotel as it has everything going for it. Firstly the staff are lovely, everyone in that hotel is so nice and there is nothing they cannot do for you.
We arrived during the afternoon and they carefully explained eveything to me, shocking thing i have never found in any hotel is there was a free bar for residents between 5-6, and the gym which is also free of charge to use. As our stay was for a birthday celebration they done everything they could to make it special from decorating our room , and 5 mins after we entered our room there was a knock at the door with a complimentary bottle of wine in a bucket and ice which was such a nice touch. Things got better after that we were still given complimentary dinks vouchers to use in the hotel, and as all we wanted to do in NYC is shop whenever we wanted to go somewhere the hotel would find the shop address, opening times and a google map on how to get there and for places we wanted to eat in the eveneing.
The rooms are contemporary decorated, clean and stylish with plenty of wardrobe space and spacious bathroom. The location in my opinion is excellent if you don't want to be not too far from everything in a cool hotel with the best staff, then look no further this place is what i call value for money and customer service at its best, some places could learn a thing or two from this hotel!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Queens
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2010

Upon arrival we were offered an upgrade to a suite, which was a very nice surprise. The suite was lovely. The bedroom was large, and both the bedroom and living room area was very comfortable and offered large windows with an excellent view of Braynt Park.
The staff was courteous, and the hotel's restaurant "Koi" served delicious meals.
I recommend it to all who wish to have a romantic and elegant stay in a busy, hot spot in town.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2010

My husband and I were looking forward to a relaxing weekend in NYC without the kids and I really wanted to like the hotel given the convenient location. Unfortunately, we did not get what we were looking for.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the suite I booked specifically to overlook Bryant Park overlooked the giant tent for Fashion Week in the park. The festivities at the venue required sound checks at 6 am and 8am and continuous noise from the delivery trucks all night. The street was closed down on occasion to accomodate the traffic. The staff at the front door of the hotel catered to the fashion industry folks...we were apparently an annoyance. What upset me was that I received no warning when I booked the room...which was 4 days prior to my arrival. I would have appreciated the choice. When I went to the front desk to ask about the schedule of events it was very difficult to get any information about what to expect. The manager did offer to move my room to the back of the hotel...but I had paid for the park view and would have appreciated being told of the issue when i checked in so that i would not have to move. Subsequently, the hotel did send a bottle of wine and waived incidentals for which I was appreciative...but I would rather have been informed before the reservation.

The room was nicely laid out but the floor is a wood veneer and it was curling in places so that I kept catching my socks..at the end I needed to wear my shoes in the room. The shower did not seal properly and the water got all over the floor. Lastly, there was very little room to place our toiletries.

Koi, the restaurant was very good and I would return there....just not to stay at the hotel.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2010
Please accept our apologies for the disturbance you experienced as a result of Fashion Week. We wish we had control over the noise, however we do not have control over NYC outside events. We can only control the happenings within the hotel. I see that you wanted a quiet time away from the kids. Our location is normally perfect for that since we are near times square but not in the middle of it. The park is usually a tranquil spot to relax in. I would love to have the opportunity to change your perception of us. Please call me directly so that I can make it up to you. and I will make sure your next experience is a memorable one. Darren Sumner 212-642-2274
Freehold NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2010

Loved this hotel. Everyone that worked there was extremely accomodating, from the front desk people to the valet guy. The food from room service was great (even at 3 a.m) The hotel itself was very attractive....had a very modern, sexy feel. The Cellar Bar inside the hotel had a great atmosphere also. The front desk accomodated us with a late checkout of 1 pm. Excellent stay from start to finish. No issues whatsoever. I will definitely return!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Central PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2010

My wife and I went there for a special occassion. The location is perfect. They had free valet parking on Fri and Sat nights and happy hour on Fri which made it even better! People could not have been more friendly and the room was very clean, great bed and bathroom, and flat screen TV. Cellar bar is wonderful and the bartenders are great. We just could not believe how nice everyone was. We will visit again soon.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple