Hmm, this is a tricky one.
Bryant Park Hotel pitches itself as a super-cool, luxe, boutique hotel. The location is great if you want to be in Midtown Manhattan (we were in town for New Year, so it was perfect) and it looks cool from the outside (black and gold retro skyscraper next to Bryant Park? Yes.) and, on the face of it, it is pretty cool. But is it super-boutique and cool enough? Maybe not...
Here's why - everything about the stay was OK - room was OK, service was OK, vibe was OK. But I was kind of hoping for outstanding, not just OK.
It's difficult to put my finger on exactly what it is that I feel a bit dissatisfied about, but I guess that I can sum it up by the fact that this was an expensive trip, and while the hotel was pretty good, cool-ish and the room was big enough and comfy enough it all just felt a bit, well, standard.
And, for me, they commited one of the cardinal sins of a real boutique hotel - flaky concierge service. It all started well with a couple of emails before we travelled, but everything just went quiet - so none of the things I wanted to book and get help with actually happened. It worked out OK, but because I sorted myself out.
So, the bottom line. Is it a bad hotel? No, far from it. But is it the vibey, ultra-cool, boutique hotel it looks like on the website? Sorry, no it just isn't. It's a nice, cool-ish hotel in a seriously good location (if you want midtown), but it isn't all that. Rooms are OK, service is OK, but honestly - nothing that special. Sorry guys.
Will I stay there again? Probably not.
Shame. I've fancied staying there for years and I wanted to love it.
Couple of things though - being next to Bryant Park in winter is great - shopping, ice skating and just a nice vibe. The Witchcraft coffee stand on Bryant Park is outstanding and the hotel restaurant, Koi, (which gets a little bit of a hard time because of the 'cool' crowd) was very, very, very good. Expensive, but worth every penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bryant Park Hotel, NYC's Fashion Address is nestled conveniently between 5th and 6th avenue across from the famous Bryant Park and a 5 minute walk to Times Square and 5th Ave shopping. We are now offering free in room wired and wireless internet. With casual elegance, pristine rooms and impeccable service. The Bryant Park Hotel staff anxiously awaits your arrival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Bryant Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bryant Park New York City
- Bryant Park Hotel New York