“A prime choice for a romantic stay with great service”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #11 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed November 18, 2009

A last minute decision to stay in the city for the weekend, our concierge, Julian, made our stay a pleasant and stress free experience. When coming to a city with so much going on, its great to come to a hotel that's both modern and comfortable with a balcony. We stayed in the penthouse suite, which is both quiet and romantic with a balcony that overlooks the city. Amenities are great with 1-1/2 bathrooms. It's really part of a complete weekend to both have your fun out and about to make it back to a hotel that satisfies your needs with both comfort and service. Our first time staying at Bryant Park and certainly will not be our last. Thanks to the staff, especially Julian.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Bryant Park Hotel

Reviewed November 17, 2009

We came to New York for my husband's 50th birthday. The concierge desk was very helpful in assisting me with restaurants, night life, surprising my husband, etc... The staff was personable and made us feel like we were the only guests staying there. The location was excellent, we were only a block from Time Square, five or six blocks from Central Park, across the street was a beautiful park (Bryant Park) with little boutiques and an ice skating rink. We were upgraded to a corner suite which was very bright with natural light, hardwood flooring, large bathroom with soaker tub, separate large glassed in shower, bathrobes, slippers, stereo system, flat screen television, room safe, turn down service, chocolates on your pillow at night. The Cellar Bar downstairs was lively at night with a nice crowd, good music and go-go dancers! The bar staff were friendly as well. I would definitely make this my New York hotel. No need to look anywhere else.

Reviewed November 16, 2009

I checked in on a Friday, early enough to take advantage of the Happy Hour for hotel guests .... what a cool concept! Love the location of hotel, across from Bryant Park. Try to get room at a higher floor though, as it's only a narrow two way road and they have lots of construction out on the street, so when a car stops, it blocks the traffic and drivers honk all times of the day and it wakes you up! Other than that, great hotel. Love the big bathrooms and standup shower.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2009

The location of the hotel is fantastic, you can walk to most of the places in Manhattan.
The front desk, bellboy and concierge staff are very friendly and really helpful.
The rooms are always clean, the chambermaids a doing a great job.
The KOI restaurant is very nice and serves good food and excellent cocktails! For Manhattan it is not overpriced.
I was there the second time and would definitely come back.

Reviewed November 13, 2009

I just returned from a trip to New York where I stayed five nights at the Bryant Park Hotel (Nov. 7 til Nov. 12). Let's start with the good things: The Hotel is centrally located, the rooms are very nice and clean. The staff very very friendly (maybe the front desk a little bit too professional), Housekeeping is perfect, they make your room twice and I never saw someone (once I returned in the early afternoon one guy was vacuum-cleaning the 15th floor where I stayed and when he saw me waiting for the elevator he immediately stopped his work and waited until I got into the elevator...) The Japanese Restaurant is excellent, the bar is great ----- so you see everything would have been perfect IF..... there hasn't been this terrible noise from outside:
You have to know, that in the Bryant Park they have during winter time an ice rink. This ice rink needs a lot of energy, which is supplied by generators in two huge trucks, which are placed on the corner 6th and 40th. The generators run 24/7 and cause great great noise. During day time you don't hear it so much, because of the noise in the streets, but during night..... No wonder you will find in each bathroom of the hotel two packages of ear plugs. I first had reserved a deluxe Park View Room, and after seeing four other different rooms which were located in different directions I ended up in a smonking non-park-view Room, which I thought wouldn't be so much expossed to the noise. But still without ear-plugs I could not have slept at all. (And I paid for five nights over USD 2'800.--......)
The front desk knows exactly about this problem, but they are playing it down. The second last night one nice guy told me that they know about the problem and that they DO have a small number of silent rooms which face the back of the hotel. I know, it is not the fault of the Hotel, but if you are paying more than USD 500 the night you can expect a quiet room. Maybe the Management should invest some money in double-glass windows....
Anyway, I will be back in May in New York and if there will be no ice rink I will maybe stay again at the Bryant Park Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
5  Thank patek5056
Reviewed November 10, 2009

This was my second stay at the Bryant Park Hotel with three friends. Apart from the hotel being in an ideal central location we would like to extend our thanks to the hotel staff for their 1st class attention to detail. The concierge recommended to us two fabulous restaurant in particular the Tao which is well worth a visit. we will definitely be returning!

Reviewed November 6, 2009

Stayed at the Bryant Park Hotel for 4 nights in September for New York Fashion Week, which I was covering for work. Could not have picked better Hotel to stay in! Firstly the location - right across the street from Bryant Park (where NYFW was being held) meant I could be at work in 5 seconds flat! Even if you don't need to be that close to Bryant Park, the location is still amazing... 40th St between 5th and 6th Aves so Times Square, 5th Avenue shops, Empire State Building, restaurants, etc etc all with in easy walking distance.

As we were there during Fashion Week... the hotel was buzzing with activity the whole time... models, fashionistas and lots of celebrities running in and out of the hotel! Might not be ideal for some visitors but for us it was fun to see all the action!

The hotel itself looked great - very cool and modern - see pictures of the very striking red lobby!! Room was lovely... simple, clean, modern furnishings, flat screen TV, cd player, etc... bathroom too was surprisingly spacious and again spotlessly clean. Didn't make it to the cellar bar but had a few cocktails at the Koi restaurant bar on the ground floor which were great.

Really really enjoyed staying at this hotel... staff were helpful, loved the look and feel of the hotel, it was super convenient for work, what more could I ask? I think it's my new favourite hotel in New York City. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business