“Wonderful Staff!”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed August 7, 2014

This was my first trip to NYC. Should I go back, I would definitely try to stay here again! Everyone was so friendly and accommodating. We had accidentally booked a single instead of a double, and even though it was last minute, they managed to upgrade our room at a discounted rate. The location was also perfect--within walking distance of Broadway (we were there to see a show) and Times Square. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: The park side is definitely quieter!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Thank you for choosing us for your first time to NYC! It sounds like you had an amazing stay. I am so glad that we had such a huge part in your overall impression of NY and that you will be back. Thank you for your wonderful praises regarding the staff and accommodations. I hope to meet you the next time you visit. Darren; dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,823)

Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

This is a great place to stay. From the moment you walk in the doors it is high class. The staff all are wonderful. By day two they all knew my name. The rooms are awesome. Great beds and great bathrooms. Turn down service every night. Red leather elevators are very cool. Great location to Times Square and shopping.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Ken S

Thank you for giving us a 5 and for such high praises. I couldn’t wait to show the staff your review, I want them to see that all of their hard work pays off. I am very fortunate to work with amazing people and we happen to have the best guests a hotel could ask for; you are a perfect example. Darren; dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have stayed at many hotels all around the world and this one will definitely make it in the top 3.
Let me start with the rooms: Our room had the delightful Bryant Park View (there are rooms which do not have the park view, if you get the chance i would highly recommend the ones with the park view). The room sizes are quite adequate if you consider a standard hotel room in that city. Very clean, simple yet efficient usage of space. The bathroom is sophisticated-high quality marbles and the delightful Molton Brown bathroom amenities (the shampoo smells just fabuluous). There is free wi-fi in the rooms and cable tv.
Room Service: Perfect. Your wish my command is kind of their motto. I asked for a shower cap and a minute later I had it. My spouse had told the receptionist that it was my birthday- and they brought a wonderful champagne with a helium baloon to our room- We would like to thank Nikki for that. Sheets sheer white, bathroom cleaning done perfectly. It felt like i was home.
Location: Just a few minutes walk to Grand Central Station and Times Square. Make sure to ask Sarah for great places to dine. All the restaurants she recommended were just what we were looking for.
My overall impression was I was amazed how good this hotel was. Worth every penny!

Room Tip: Choose a park view room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gulum T
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

WOW! What an amazing 5 star review. Thank you so much for all of the praises! I couldn’t wait to show your review to Nikki, Sarah, Private Dining and Housekeeping. I am so fortunate to work with the best staff in the business and it means a lot to all of us that you had a great stay. So glad you enjoyed your Birthday and that we had a part in creating some very special memories. We can’t wait to welcome you both back. Darren; dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Reviewed August 5, 2014

From the moment the doorman met our cab and took in our bags we had a great time. The staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly. We loved being next to the park which allowed us to spend a lot of time just hanging out. We were on the 15th floor and had a great view of the park. We were happy with everything but the staff is the reason I am writing this review. Literally everyone we encountered was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Dan S

Thank you so much for giving us a 5 and for your compliments. It sounds like the staff really impressed you! Your review is sure to put lots of smiles on their faces. I am so glad that you enjoyed your experience and I hope you come back soon. If I can ever be of assistance please let me know. Darren; dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I went to NYC for a long weekend. We have been to NYC many times, but had never stayed in this neighborhood. Bryant Park is a perfect location. The hotel far exceeded our expectations. The rooms were lovely and the staff were fabulous. They were helpful, but not fawning. They remembered us and greeted us when we returned to the hotel each day. I would highly recommend the Bryant Park Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank adagiogirl

Thank you for your wonderful review and praises. I am so glad that you and your husband had a wonderful time. It is so important that our guests feel at home and it sounds like we accomplished what we set out to do. Thank you for recommending us and I hope you come back again soon. Darren; dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had the pleasure of staying here the night of a concert at Madison Square Garden. We were greeted at the door by a very pleasant valet/door man. He was very friendly and told us right away about the open bar for guests which was only for a short time longer. He could see on our faces that our drive in from Brooklyn turned out to be a bit more challenging then expected. He took our keys and led us in to the desk. The staff at the reception desk are very professional and accommodating. We were told our car would valet for free which is standard on the weekends here. (Anyone that stays in a hotel in the city knows the going rate can be very steep - sometimes as high as $80/night). That was our first surprise. The second being the happy (open bar) hour for guests. We only had 10 minutes left of the hour but the very friendly bartenders made sure we had two drinks each to start. The vibe in the bar is very cool. We loved the decorating and the pulse of the music. We actually went back after our concert and enjoyed a specialty cocktail. The third surprise was our room was upgraded. We were shown to a tastefully decorated - immaculate room. We've been very lucky with our search for hotels in the city. This was a gem. We had brunch the next morning at the Bryant Park Grill which Nicole at the desk set up the reservations for. It was delicious. The room itself is not large, but it is set up perfectly. The beds, pillows and air conditioning were a great combination. They had Molton Brown toiletries for our use which are always a treat. The 4th surprise was they didn't charge us for keeping the car in the valet over the allotted 24 hour time. We were caught in traffic and could not make it back it time. NO worries. They are true professionals! The last and best surprise is that they all remembered our names. Even when we went back two days later to pick up something we had left at the hotel. For the price of this hotel - it is a bargain for the treatment you receive! We would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the park. It is a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelingTracy

Your review was amazing and while reading it I had a huge smile on my face. I am so grateful for the employees that we have, they really love what they do and it’s moments like this that make it all worth while. We want you to feel like you are home away from home and it sounds like we succeeded. Thank you for taking the time to praise Nicole, the Doormen, Front Desk, Housekeeping and Cellar Bar.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

I can understand why people like this hotel. It tries to be cool. There is techno playing in the elevators. There is a TV showing models on the catwalk in the lobby.

The staff here are really good. They are friendly and attentive. Probably some of the best staff I have seen outside of the Four Seasons.

The rooms are ok. If there is an event on in the park, you will hear it very clearly. As I am writing this, I can hear the function clearly and I am not facing the park.

The drapes do not keep out the light in the morning. It is fine if you wear an eye shade but if light wakes you up then you will be up early. The plumbing is lousy as it takes forever to find the right temperature for a shower. The TV is an LG and very slow to change channels.

For vacation, this is a good hotel. For business, I am indifferent.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank K M
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Thank you so much for your amazing praises regarding our staff. We take our guests feedback very seriously especially since we are privately owned; guest loyalty means everything to us. Monday Movie night is just through the summer months and the movie ends by 11PM. I can see how it can be an inconvenience especially if you need to go to bed early. On another note on a beautiful night it is amazing to watch a movie on a big screen; it’s such a New York kind of thing to do; you can even bring a sheet and picnic basket! I really hope you come back again; your concerns are being addressed as we speak and I will make sure you have an amazing stay. Please contact me anytime. Darren; dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com