“Exceptional Service - Beautiful Room” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bryant Park Hotel

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Durham, North Carolina
“Exceptional Service - Beautiful Room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

My mother took my reservation at the hotel because I had an injury and could not make the trip. Well, of all the wonderful things - Caberet and Hedwig tickets and great dinner reservations, what she and her friend raved about most was the Bryant Park Hotel. They had exceptional service from all staff especially Kelsey. They were so happy with the accommodations and were given an upgrade due to my mother's birthday (total surprise). I have booked a trip for the end of the month with my family and I am very excited to meet Kelsey and try this hotel out for the first time. I don't think it will be my last! Thanks everyone for making my mom feel like a "Queen for Two Days"!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you so much for such a beautiful 5 star rating! I want to first wish you a speedy recovery and I am so happy to hear that Kelsey took such great care of your Mom. Kelsey is also looking forward to meeting you as well. Have a safe trip in and we can’t wait to show you an amazing time. Darren; dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (749)
  • Korean first
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

This hotel is in a privileged location, close to Times Square, but in front of a nice park, that offers a quiet place where to sit and have breakfast (breakfast at the hotel is relatively expensive), watch a movie on Monday nights or simply escape the hectic of Midtown NY for an hour or two!
The personnel is competent and helpful, especially the Concierge (thank you Sarah for your great help with everything!!!). I didn't visit the Cellar bar, the Japanese Restaurant or the modern Fitness, because I was there with my teenage son and we preferred to explore and have dinner in more typical, American diners or little restaurants on the 9th! All extras at the hotel, as minibar, laundry, private dining, etc. are relatively expensive, but can be avoided. The beds are extremely confortable and on the 19th floor, the noise of Times Square is bearable. You may find that the fans of the ventilation on the roof are loud, but you get used to their humming and anyway... this is NYC, if you want a quiet place you should go somewhere else!!!! This is a great hotel for couples who want to enjoy nightlife, shopping and great privacy of their room, enjoying the contents of the "pleasure chest" (mind the price of every item, though!!!). In conclusion a great hotel, with comfort, character, great location and competent personnel!!! Enjoy...

Room Tip: high up, with view on the park, if possible!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for giving us a 5 and for your very candid and real review. You definitely sound like a well seasoned traveler, you gave the readers some great suggestions and advice. Your praises regarding the staff especially Sarah was very thoughtful; I am very fortunate to have her working with me and appreciate her everyday. Thank you for recommending us and for taking the time. I hope you come back soon. Darren; dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Killingworth, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

Great hotel in wonderful, central location. Rooms are small but make-up for it with large oversized marble bathroom. Staff was friendly and very helpful. The one downside was the cellar bar was closed on Sunday night, so keep in mind when booking reservation. Otherwise our experience was fantastic and would stay again.

Room Tip: Bryant Park is a surprisingly quiet part of the City but it is still the City. Ask for room on a h...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am so glad that you had a great stay with us, enjoyed the location and staff. I am sorry that the Cellar Bar was closed; the next time you come I would like to offer you some complimentary drinks. Please let me know when you are returning, we would love to have you back. Darren; dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

Super centrally located in the heart of Manhattan. Great service, nice rooms, very comfortable, friendly staff and everything was very clean. Totally recommendable, I would definitely go there again on my next NYC visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for giving us a 5 and for choosing to stay with us. Your praises are very much appreciated especially regarding Housekeeping, they work so hard and it is so nice to see them receive recognition. I am happy to hear that you will come back during your next visit to NYC. If I can ever be of assistance please let me know. All the best, Darren; dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

I had never stayed at this hotel before, but, I will certainly be back! Everyone I encountered was so helpful and friendly. The rooms were nice and the Molton Brown toiletries were ever so nice. I had a terrible cold and was talking to John at the front desk about it as he was giving me new keys to my room (I had de-magnitized them). The next thing I knew someone was knocking on my room door "with a small gift from the front desk"??? I opened the door to a room service delivery person holding a tray of hot water with a variety of tea bags. :=) - What a nice surprise and how thoughtful. Made my night.
Anyway, just an example of their attention to detail and how they go out of their way to make your stay memorable and personal. Thank you to all of the exmployees.

Room Tip: I had a room overlooking the park. Will say while it was very pretty, I think it was probably a bit...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you so much for giving us a 5! I am so glad that you were touched by John’s thoughtfulness. I am very fortunate to have him working with us and I can’t wait to show him your review. I hope you are feeling much better now and come back soon. Darren; dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

Fantastic location , comfy beds & quiet room & molton brown amenities .
No fridge , iron or coffee machine in the room , no artwork on the walls -made the room a little stark especially as the view was on to a brick wall & alley. ( some black & white photographs would have suited the style & made a difference )
Overall good because of the location .

Room Tip: Possibly try a high floor with a view for a brighter experience
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms

2 Thank Toastiehostie I
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Hi Toastiehostie, thank you so much for your honest feedback. I am so sorry that we weren't what you expected. I completely understand that everyone has their own personal taste but it sounds like you enjoyed the hotel and services. We do have a mini bar in the room that we would gladly have emptied as a fridge. Regarding Irons, we like to provide the service of personally delivering the iron so that we can test it out before you use it. When the water sits too long in the iron it can damage your clothes. I have worked in several other hotels that had this problem. We consider ourselves a minimalistic hotel and we always recommend checking our website out before booking. I would love it if you would come back and this time I want you to experience a complimentary upgrade to a view of the park. Thank you for giving us a try and I hope to hear back from you. Darren Sumner; Director of Front Office and Guest Services. dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com (212 642 2274)
Hudson, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

My wife and I recently spent four wonderful nights here, to celebrate our anniversary.....it was a very nice stay! From the great service at the door, the front desk service and the excellent and knowledgeable concierge, it was worth it. Oh,and let us not forget the location, location, location. It is directly across the street from Bryant Park and a very short walk to Times Square and Broadway. We had a front room with a view of the park, it was not noisy at all and so nice being able to see the park. I would highly recommend the Junior Suite on the front of the hotel. The room is appropriately understated, with clean lines and very comfortable. We were given a bottle of champagne and helium balloon on arrival in celebration of our anniversary, what a nice touch. The only minor issue is that the room service does not do a good job of replacing/refilling of soaps, seem to be trying to save them.
i would very highly recommend this hotel for anyone, especially couples!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the park,and choose a Junior Suite.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Happy Anniversary and thank you so spending your special time with us! I really appreciate your praises and feedback. Our Doormen, Front Desk, Concierge and Housekeeping work so hard and it is so nice to see them receive such wonderful recognition. I am very happy to hear that you would recommend us and come back, it really means a lot to us. Darren; dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com