“Well appointed, great location”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #11 of 467 Hotels in New York City
San Francisco, California
“Well appointed, great location”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Frequently hotel rooms in NYC are shoeboxes, but the rooms here were surprisingly spacious, and very well appointed. The bathroom was also huge, and spa like. The restaurant downstairs, Koi, is legit and the bar in the basement pretty cool.

Midtown location made it great to get around town for meetings, then sneak over to see a Broadway show at night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for giving us a 5 star rating. I am glad to hear that you enjoy our rooms and find them spacious. Our rooms are really a nice size especially for NY standards (smile) hope you come back soon. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (802)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed April 9, 2014

The Hotel is ideally located between Fifth Avenue and Broadway, is close to Times Square. The staff has been friendly from start to end and we enjoyed a nice room with a view directly onto Bryant Park, which gives you a feeling of big city life and still having space. The staff at the hotel was friendly and very helpful from start to end. Can highly recommend

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank martuetz
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for giving us a 5 and for your amazing praises! I am glad that you enjoyed the location and that the staff helped create some great memories.
I hope you come back soon. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
South of England
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stayed here recently for a business trip. The staff at the hotel are fantastic - very friendly and accommodating. The location is perfect for central Manhattan. The room & bathroom were lovely and had everything I needed, with a great view looking out over Bryant Park. This hotel is a much better choice than many of the sterile 'chain' hotels nearby in NYC - you get a real personal service here.

Room Tip: I stayed in 1107 - a big corner room with fab bathroom and good views
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your 5 star review and helpful tips. I am sure the readers will enjoy them. Since we are privately owned there are definitely plenty of advantages, one of them is the employees feel like they are part of a family and we attract very special guests such as yourself. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed at the Bryant for 5 nights from the end of March and found the hotel to be perfect for a short city break. The staff are excellent, hotel very clean and modern and offers a great base to explore NYC with excellent subway links and a short walk from Times Square and other amenities.

The Cave bar downstairs offers free drinks for quests in the week for 1 hour 5-6pm and when its being used for events you go to the top floor with great views of Bryant Park and enjoy a range of alcoholic drinks. A great start to an evening we thought.

The only downside we found was facing the back of the hotel it was very noisy as you could hear all the generators outside all night. Whilst this wasn't a major problem for us once you were used to it, its worth noting for people who need complete silence at night!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting to NYC and would return again.

Room Tip: Room towards the front of the hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
We really appreciate your amazing praises! Thank you for taking the time to share them with us especially regarding Housekeeping, they work so hard and it is really nice to see them get recognized. I am glad that you enjoyed the complimentary drinks atop the hotel. My apologies for the sounds you heard from you room, we are actually replacing the windows with soundproof windows. I hope you come back soon; we would love to have you back! Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

This is my second stay at the hotel and I wasn't disappointed with my choice. It's not that cheap but for location and size of rooms, and above all excellent customer service, it's worth it! I'm surprised to read other more negative reviews as I am not easily impressed and I really can't say anything bad about my experience at the Bryant park hotel. Yes it can be noisy from the street but NYC is noisy! If you want a quiet and peaceful experience suggest another type of vacation is more suitable. And as for staff helpfulness, it's second to none providing of course you also play your part in respecting their room availability and cancellation policies - common sense really. Still highly recommend!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
What a great review! Thank you so much for your loyalty and for understanding what we are all about. Your candid comments are very much appreciated, I am sure I can speak on behalf of all NYC hotels, NYC offers a lot of energy and excitement and with that comes noise. We can’t wait to welcome you back, please let me know if I can ever be of assistance. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
London
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I stayed at the BPH for two nights last week on business. I was in a Junior Suite on the 5th floor with a fabulous view over the park. The room was quiet and spacious. My bathroom was very well appointed with bath, a luxurious walk-in shower and very well stocked with great robe, Moulton Brown amenities.

As a business traveller the desk served perfectly for work and the free WiFi is a blessing... hate hotels that stiff on that.

The event that we held in the basement bar was perfect. It all happened so smoothly on an organisational level and the staff were attentive and perfectly mannered to the guests whom we hosted there. The great fresh food was remarked on by all.

Thank you to the whole team for a great mid-town NYC experience.

1 Thank LondonWorldClass
So glad that your event was a success and that enjoyed the amenities and the staff. I couldn’t wait to share your review with everyone here at the Bryant Park Hotel. We would love to have you back, so come back soon! Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I was just staying at the Bryant Park Hotel on a business trip and was so pleased with everything! The staff are fantastic, the beds are so comfortable and for being right in the middle of Manhattan it was oddly quiet. I live in a wilderness setting away from any kind of hustle and bustle and loved that they had nature sounds in the room already going at turn down! I also loved the amenities in the bathroom. Great Molton Brown products.
The location is perfect for anything you want to do in Manhattan!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
5 Stars! We are very grateful for your generosity! We really appreciate your mentioning that although we are in the middle of Manhattan we are more on the quiet side, but isn’t it nice to know that just a few blocks away is Times Square. Having the park across from us definitely helps make the neighborhood feel more tranquil. I hope you come back soon. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com