“A fantastic location”

Ranked #12 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Yorkshire
“A fantastic location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Nicole was lovely & arranged cakes & ballon for husbands 50th birthday - thank you
All staff were friendly yet professional
There was noise from the park opposite at night (due to erection of a temporary entertainment venue ). & my husband had trouble sleeping

• Stayed January 2014
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Happy 50th Birthday and thank you for spending it with us! I am glad you enjoyed the birthday goodies that Nicole sent you. I am so sorry about the noise level in the park; I wish we had control over that. Normally the park is very quiet, but this year it became the hub for the Super Bowl so I can empathize with you. During the spring and summer, the lawn is beautiful and is a great spot to have a nice picnic. Please reach out to me the next time you plan on returning to NY. Thank you again! Darren; dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (764)
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

I chose to stay at The Bryant Park Hotel for our annual trip up to NYC to celebrate my husband's birthday. The reviews sounded wonderful and the location was right- easy to access both the East and West sides and close enough to The Theatre District. I felt as though the price was amazing compared to similarly rated hotels.

We arrived very early (about 10:30 AM) on Saturday morning, with the hopes to check our bags, get brunch and explore until check-in. The valet, Steven, greeted us with a smile and helped us with our bags. We walked inside and were immediately greeted at the front desk by Miguel who said that our room was ready and we could check in. Check in took just a few minutes and we were directed to Sarah at the concierge desk for brunch recommendations. She was very friendly and asked for our preferred time. We went up to our room and she sent a hand written list of suggestions up to the room with her favorites starred. She called the room to give a detailed description of the locations.

We were very impressed by the our room #1505. It had a gorgeous view of the ice skating rink at Bryant Park. It also had an enormous bathroom by NYC standards with a tub fit for two and a great stand up shower with duel shower heads. The Molton Brown bath products added another bonus. We enjoyed lounging in our robes, slippers and ended up ordering brunch to the room with a bottle of champagne.

We left for a pre-theatre dinner at about 5:30 and were greeted by name by every employee that we saw. It was a very nice, personalized touch and a welcoming feeling. Even though the hotel was top-notch, there was never a pretentious feeling.

Upon our return for the evening, we arrived at our room to find a birthday balloon, two delicious Crumbs cupcakes, and a hand written card from the Assistant Director of the Front Office Nicole. They were incredibly delicious and made us feel so special and appreciated.

Upon check out the next morning, we were greeted with a smile by Miguel at the front desk. He asked if he could help us in anyway and how our evening was. We left our bags and went out to explore for the day. We called ahead to make sure our car was ready when we arrived back. Steven greeted us at the door and he and John helped us with our bags. They told us that they hoped that we return on our next stay... and we will! I cannot imagine staying anywhere else!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level room with a view of the park.
2 Thank CaribbeanSeaDiver
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
WOW! We were all very taken back by your amazing review. I am so glad that we were able to enhance your Birthday stay! Thank you for remembering all of our names. I couldn’t wait to show your review to Nicole, Sarah, Miguel, Steven and John. They were all touched by your thoughtful praises and we all hope you come back soon. If I can ever be of assistance please do not hesitate to call upon me. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

We chose the Bryant Park Hotel based on a recommendation from friends and the reviews on this site. The location is excellent, the rooms modern and comfortable, but it was the service that was really extraordinary. Truly, every staff member we encountered helped ensure that our stay was great. I can't imagine ever choosing another hotel in NYC - we will definitely be back!

1 Thank Denise S
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for giving us a 5 and for your wonderful praises. I am so glad that you had a great stay and will be back again. If I can ever be of assistance please let me know. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

My wife and I just spent the weekend in New York. The Bryant Park Hotel was great. It has a superior lacation for theater and shopping. The room was claen and modern and amazingly quiet. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We would highly recommend this hotel. We plan to stay there again soon.

1 Thank David F
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for giving us a 5! I am so glad to hear that you and your wife had a great time. I also appreciate your praises regarding Housekeeping, they work so hard and it is so nice to see them get recognized. I hope you come back soon! Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

Had another wonderful stay at Bryant Park Hotel for a birthday getaway, special thanks to Nicole, who has arranged some very sweet personal touches in the room. Again, great location (minutes-walk to Fifth Avenue, Times Square, subway station just around the corner), right across the beautiful Bryant Park, clean and spacious rooms and friendly staff. You'd feel warm, comfortable and welcome here while you're away from home!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for giving us a 5! I am so glad that we were able to make your Birthday extra special. I promise to share your praises with Nicole. I also appreciate your kind comments regarding Housekeeping, they work so hard and it is so nice to see them get recognized. I hope you come back soon, we would love to have you back! Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Portland, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

This was our first stay at the Bryant Park Hotel, but hopefully won't be our last. I found the hotel based on great reviews here and am so glad that I did. Upon making our reservation, I replied to our reservation email with a few questions and requests. Nicole from the front desk replied and we traded a few emails. She was amazingly helpful and great to work with before and during our visit. She also connected us with the concierge, Sarah - who gave us many great recommendations for restaurants and activities. They and everyone else on the staff couldn't have been any more helpful and friendly.

Our room was great. Definitely larger than most in NYC. Nice hardwood floors with an area rug by the table. Comfortable bed. Great bathroom with nice soaking tub and separate shower.

The location can't be beat. Bryant Park is a nice big park in a crowded city, with lots of great little food vendors and ice skating (free I think - but we didn't wait in the fairly long lines over the weekend). The subway stop is less than a block away, and Times Square is only a few short blocks (easy walk) away.

Many thanks to Nicole, Sarah and the rest of the staff. Not sure when we'll be back, but definitely our new first choice in NYC!

Room Tip: email them ahead of time to let them know what you're looking for
1 Thank marshdom
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you so much for giving us a 5 and for recognizing Nicole and Sarah. We are very lucky to have them working with us and when they read your review they had huge smiles on their faces. I hope you come back soon. All the best, Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

I picked this hotel because of the great reviews .after a long flight arrived at hotel friendly check in with chase we booked a junior suite 1904 room was great massive had a small balcony overlooking ice ring .the bathroom had a massive bath separate shower Molton brown products bathrobes hair dryer .staff knocked every night to see if you want ice or chocolates when it was my birthday Sarah from the desk had arranged a ballon and two cup cakes as a surprise a lovely touch .we went to the cellier bar in basement 5 to 6 free drinks for guests had a nice vibe just thought be open sunday also went to koi restaurant which is part of hotel food was ok only eat there once .all the staff young and friendly very modern but the outside of the building is lovely I would recommend this hotel .

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tracyleeLiverpool
I am so happy to hear that we were able to make your Birthday extra special. Sarah was also happy to see your review and wants to thank you as well. Come back for your next birthday and we will make it even better. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com