“A grea Place to Stay in New York”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My wife and I just spent the weekend in New York. The Bryant Park Hotel was great. It has a superior lacation for theater and shopping. The room was claen and modern and amazingly quiet. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We would highly recommend this hotel. We plan to stay there again soon.

1  Thank David F
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for giving us a 5! I am so glad to hear that you and your wife had a great time. I also appreciate your praises regarding Housekeeping, they work so hard and it is so nice to see them get recognized. I hope you come back soon! Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,782)

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Had another wonderful stay at Bryant Park Hotel for a birthday getaway, special thanks to Nicole, who has arranged some very sweet personal touches in the room. Again, great location (minutes-walk to Fifth Avenue, Times Square, subway station just around the corner), right across the beautiful Bryant Park, clean and spacious rooms and friendly staff. You'd feel warm, comfortable and welcome here while you're away from home!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you for giving us a 5! I am so glad that we were able to make your Birthday extra special. I promise to share your praises with Nicole. I also appreciate your kind comments regarding Housekeeping, they work so hard and it is so nice to see them get recognized. I hope you come back soon, we would love to have you back! Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Reviewed January 23, 2014

This was our first stay at the Bryant Park Hotel, but hopefully won't be our last. I found the hotel based on great reviews here and am so glad that I did. Upon making our reservation, I replied to our reservation email with a few questions and requests. Nicole from the front desk replied and we traded a few emails. She was amazingly helpful and great to work with before and during our visit. She also connected us with the concierge, Sarah - who gave us many great recommendations for restaurants and activities. They and everyone else on the staff couldn't have been any more helpful and friendly.

Our room was great. Definitely larger than most in NYC. Nice hardwood floors with an area rug by the table. Comfortable bed. Great bathroom with nice soaking tub and separate shower.

The location can't be beat. Bryant Park is a nice big park in a crowded city, with lots of great little food vendors and ice skating (free I think - but we didn't wait in the fairly long lines over the weekend). The subway stop is less than a block away, and Times Square is only a few short blocks (easy walk) away.

Many thanks to Nicole, Sarah and the rest of the staff. Not sure when we'll be back, but definitely our new first choice in NYC!

Room Tip: email them ahead of time to let them know what you're looking for
1  Thank marshdom
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you so much for giving us a 5 and for recognizing Nicole and Sarah. We are very lucky to have them working with us and when they read your review they had huge smiles on their faces. I hope you come back soon. All the best, Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I picked this hotel because of the great reviews .after a long flight arrived at hotel friendly check in with chase we booked a junior suite 1904 room was great massive had a small balcony overlooking ice ring .the bathroom had a massive bath separate shower Molton brown products bathrobes hair dryer .staff knocked every night to see if you want ice or chocolates when it was my birthday Sarah from the desk had arranged a ballon and two cup cakes as a surprise a lovely touch .we went to the cellier bar in basement 5 to 6 free drinks for guests had a nice vibe just thought be open sunday also went to koi restaurant which is part of hotel food was ok only eat there once .all the staff young and friendly very modern but the outside of the building is lovely I would recommend this hotel .

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tracyleeLiverpool

I am so happy to hear that we were able to make your Birthday extra special. Sarah was also happy to see your review and wants to thank you as well. Come back for your next birthday and we will make it even better. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

This is simply the most stylish and elegant hotel in entire NYC. The room design is clean, neat and refreshing. The service is very attentive, caring and intuitive. The restaurant Koi is an excellent addition and surely a great concept to combine with the actual hotel. I look forward to return on many future occasions.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay! I hope you come back soon. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stayed here for 9 nights over the christmas and New Years period. It was very pricey but considering the holiday season and what hotel prices are normally like in NYC, it ended up been price well paid for such a central location in a fabulous hotel.

It is a boutique hotel that is very trendy with Koi as its restaurant and a bar/club in the basement that is supposedly where a lot of famous people go. Its very chic and great for young people to stay in as its not your normal luxurious hotel. Its got a small lobby and the lighting of the whole place has this red glow that is bar like. The staff were all very friendly and young and would greet guests by names. Prior to my arrival I was emailing back and forth with concierge Sarah and she was more than helpful with very thorough descriptions and explanations to my queries about New York.

The room is very large for NYC, with high ceilings that makes the room look more spacious than it is. The decor is very minimalistic and modern which suits the theme of the hotel. The bathroom is spacious and also very modern and it is a great place to stay especially for a long stay. Room was also very clean and housekeeping was done twice a day. Location was amazing right in the heart of Bryant park especially convenient during the christmas season. Located between 5th and 6th, you can almost walk to anywhere from central park to empire state building.

However the only problem we had was with the hot water. The first night we were there our hot water did not come on for a very long time so we called font desk to help. They sent someone up and it took them a further 15 mins to get the hot water going. However the same problem happened again the next day and our hot water was not very hot. So once again another person came to look at the problem and ended up turning up the hot water temperature of the system from outside the room. After that our hot water was fine but it was a bit of a hassle for the first two nights and there was always the fear that hot water won't work considering it was freezing in NYC. Another small thing was just that the doormen/bell boys were not always around so sometimes we were struggling to open the door ourselves as it was super heavy doors in the lobby.

Besides that it was a great place to stay, they even gave each room a "New years day hungover kit" on new years eve where it consisted of snacks, coconut water, water, mints, and even some painkillers which I thought was very thoughtful and attentive of them to give.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review and for your praises, especially regarding Sarah. It sure was cold during the holidays and I am so sorry that there was an issue with the hot water. I would like to make it up to you. Please contact me when you are ready to return. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

My husband and I booked a 3 night stay at The Bryant Park Hotel from Jan 3-Jan 6, our third stay at the hotel, and it the experience was even better than the previous two times.

We stay at The Bryant Park because of a number of things. The beautiful building, the gorgeous park across the street, the fantastic location, and the great cafe's only steps away, but mostly because of their OUTSTANDING service and attention to detail.

At check-in, we were greeted with huge smiles and were immediately welcomed back as return guests.

Our room was perfect and we love the attention to detail (dimmer switches for bedside lighting, a "do not disturb" feature that is a simple push of a button at bedside, coat hooks behind the door for when you just want to quickly hang up your coat, docking station, ice in the bucket when you come back to your room in the afternoon etc, etc).

Given the extreme cold that hit the East coast unexpectedly that weekend, there were major airport problems in Toronto and we were not able to get a flight out of NYC to Toronto Monday evening as per our schedule. We were only able to leave on Thursday as our flights just kept getting cancelled by the airline over and over again for 3 days.

It was a bit stressful during those additional 3 days as each day we were never sure if we were going go be flying out or not, however during this time, the management and staff treated us like special old friends and did everything they could to make our unexpected 3 day add-on comfortable, affordable and special.

We returned to The Bryant Park Hotel this time based on the service we got the previous 2 trips, and now, based on this last visit, we won't be staying anywhere else. We tell our friends that it is the SERVICE that keeps bringing us back.

Everyone of their staff members is superb. From those at the front desk, to the doormen, to the elevator staff, to the luggage attendants to the managment.

It is simply an amazing place.

2  Thank yearntotravel333

Thank you for your 5 star rating. I am so glad that we were able to help relieve some of the stresses of all the travel changes due to the weather. I am sure it must have been very difficult and the fact that you took the time to praise us says a lot about you. We would love to have you back and this time I will make sure mother nature is very good to you. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com