“Perfect holiday getaway”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed here in mid-December as a combination birthday/Christmas getaway. This was our second stay at this fabulous hotel, and once again our visit exceeded our expectations. Our room had a breathtaking view of the tree and skating rink in Bryant Park, and on the snowy night we were there it truly looked like a picture postcard. The room itself is decorated in a relaxing minimalist design; amenities such as the huge, comfortable bed and luxurious bathroom ensure each guests' comfort. The staff provided a bottle of wine, balloon, and delicious Crumbs cupcakes to help make our celebration special; each staff member we encountered went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. The hotel's midtown location makes it an ideal spot no matter where the day or night takes you. We had a wonderful stay and only wish it could have been longer--fortunately we are only a short train ride away so next time we are looking for a night away in Manhattan this is the first place we will book! HIGHLY recommend!!!

• Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This place is uniquely located, modern interior/quaint exterior. Had a parkview room, added to an awesome experience. The staff is INCREDIBLE. They epitomize "Johnny On The Spot." they were just everywhere, constantly offering help, keeping a perfect attitude. Concierge gave us an excellent last minute dinner rec. Rooms small-ish, but not for NY, they are all kinda small anyway. This room was a nice size for NY.

Room Tip: Get a park view room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I spent four nights at the Bryant Park Hotel in NYC from Jan 1 to Jan 5, 2014. The hotel was immaculate, the bed was comfortable and for NYC, the hotel was very quiet.

The staff were exceptionally friendly. When they learned we were celebrating my birthday, they left a birthday balloon and cupcakes in our room for us.

The hotel is located within easy walking distance to many Broadway theatres and restaurants. The subway stop (a half block from the entrance to the hotel) made it easy to get to other attractions like the Empire State Building and the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Bryant Park Hotel and would highly recommend it.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Just finished a four night stay for theater and shopping, and the Bryant Park was well-located for the theater district. It was an easy walk to most theaters but away from the Times Square hordes. Scott at the door greeted us, and Sarah at the front desk checked us in smoothly and produced an excellent choice to meet our pizza craving. We had a junior suite on the 16th floor overlooking the park, offering a great view of the ice skating and skyline and muffling most street noise. The music for the ice rink continued until 2200, not an issue for us. As others have noted in reviews, the decor is minimalist but very tasteful, for example, there are no wall decorations. The room was large, and the bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds in memory. A request for feather pillows was quickly fulfilled. The bathroom was large, with a tub and a big walk-in shower with great water pressure and plenty of hot water. All of the fixtures were in good order, as well as the electronics. The room has been well maintained. We did not try room service or the Japanese restaurant in the hotel. The Cellar bar was dead the one night we tried it, mainly because of the weather. The bar's architecture of vaulted ceilings is interesting. One of the four cocktails we had was good (the Alps), the other three just average.
Overall, the staff was a high point - professional, competent and cheerful. The security checking IDs by the elevator quickly learned we were guests, and the door staff (Scott again) rounded up a cab on a rainy Sunday just when we needed it.

Room Tip: The higher the better to minimize street noise. The extra cost for a suite overlooking the park, bo...
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We had an amazing stay. We planned the trip for my birthday and our anniversary, and when the front desk manager heard this, they upgraded our room and even sent a bottle of wine and a balloon! Every employee with whom we interacted was so welcoming and friendly. We could walk nearly everywhere we wanted to be, or, could easily catch a cab. The room was large, quiet, and clean, and the bathroom was the largest at any NYC hotel we have stayed in (and great towels). The underground bar was fun and offered a complimentary happy hour for guests. From the moment we checked in, to check out, we were treated well- we will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family!

Room Tip: Request a park view
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My boyfriend treated me to a night at the Bryant Park Hotel for my 30th birthday. We live in NYC and it has always been one of my favorite buildings in the city. The reviews for the hotel said that they have excellent customer service and will give you an upgrade and/or do something for a special occasion, and they were right!!! My boyfriend emailed before our stay letting them know it was my birthday and said that I loved the apple cider from the Bryant Park holiday market, across the street. When we checked in, not only did we get an upgrade to a park view room, there was a carafe of cider waiting in the room, AND two Crumbs cupcakes with a Happy Birthday balloon! Everyone on staff was super nice and wished me a happy birthday immediately. They even lent us an umbrella because it started raining!! The room was beautiful and very modern and the bathroom was enormous and gorgeous. I also loved the Molten Brown bath products and the super comfy bathrobes! Definitely recommend this hotel for a special occasion! Special thanks to Nicole, Nikki, Sara, and Miguel who helped plan the surprises!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed there for New Year's Eve. It was a short stay but I can say that the staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was nice, comfy, and overall fancy. I really appreciated the complimentary goodie bag they gave us, I mean free pretzels, candy, mints, chocolate? They sure won me over!
They gave me very good advice as to where to go to eat and it led me to discover a great diner in NY!
As for the location, it has an amazing strategic location right across from the beautiful Bryant Park, and at this time of year there's a holiday market that's just so lovely! Add to that the proximity to Times Square and you've got yourself an amazing place to stay.
The room we got was very moderately priced compared to other hotels, and even though I paid for a Superior queen room they upgraded me to a king room. Awesomeness.
In summary, I definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants to stay in NY.

Room Tip: The only thing I didn't like was that my room had no view, only tall buildings. Ask for a room w...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel