“Best room view in NY”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Spend a week in the best room I ever stayed in NY. I had a wonderful terrace with a panoramic view towards Bryant Park where I took my daily breakfast (c.f. room service).Thus, I recommend room 2004 and its terrace as it is truly amazing and very spacious (bathroom amenities were also perfect -bathtub & shower).
Service was a 5 star worthy from everyone @ anytime (I am usually quite tough in this matter). Everybody was super friendly; service oriented and never make me wait.

i.e. Contrary to the last hotel that I stayed (cf. my last trip advisor rating), when the reception got a little bit crowdy, I saw how the concierge stepped- in in order to avoid making a customer wait for more than 20 seconds (that is service!).

In the other NY hotel that I stayed and under the same circumstances I saw how the hotel manager just stayed still for 15min as according to him “as manager, check-out was not in his responsibilities”, grrr!!!

I will definitely choose the Bryant as my predilection hotel for NY and specially room 2004!

Finally, The only improvement suggestion I will give, will be the GYM as I could not find it in the mezzanine floor.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Write a ReviewReviews (3,824)

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I just returned from a weekend trip to visit my daughter in New York. I've stayed at many good hotels in the city over the years. I would recommend Bryant Park as an excellent hotel option. The design and decor are beautiful, and the service was wonderful: courteous, prompt, efficient and friendly. Chase at the front desk was exceptionally helpful - as were the concierge, room service, the security people, other front desk people, everyone was great. The hotel's location is excellent - it is convenient to everything and directly across the street from Bryant Park and the New York Public Library so the immediate area is lovely too. I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to returning!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Recently held a fashion press preview in the loft on the 24th floor, and must say- the entire team at the Bryant Park Hotel made what could have been total chaos, a seamless and very successful event. They had me covered from A-Z. The location was ideal for fashion editors to drop in, and the views are great. The space itself was open with lots of light, and plenty of spaces to tuck away items for storage. I highly suggest checking out the Bryant Park Hotel if you are looking for someplace to host an event. Looking forward to booking our next one!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We checked into the Bryant Park a little early on Saturday, and were greeted warmly by Chase and Nikki at the front desk after having our car whisked away by Stephen curbside (valet parking is included in the room rate!!) Our room was ready, and we were given an upgrade (thanks again, Chase!) to a spectacular room with three windows overlooking the Park-wow! Really grand space especially for the location (near theaters and Times Square), immaculate, quiet and very well appointed. The front desk staff and everyone else were totally on their game, without being unctuous or intrusive. We definitely will be back (in two weeks, actually :)

Room Tip: try to get a Park view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This hotel and the staff made for a wonderful anniversary getaway. The location could not have been more perfect and all the little "plusses" just kept piling on. At check-in we were greeted by a lovely young woman Nicci (I hope I spelled that right) who upon finding out it was our anniversary, upgraded us to a Bryant Park Suite on the 14th floor overlooking the park. Mind you, we had booked the least expensive room, so this was one heck of an upgrade.

Not knowing what to really expect, we headed upstairs. The room was fantastic. A full dining table, a large living area and a king size bedroom with a huge en-suite. The overall look was very clean and modern (think Nordic - or IKEA) We had two walls of windows and a beautiful view of the park and the Library. We think most apartment dwellers in Manhattan would have killed to have a place this big and nice.

Heading back downstairs we made sure to say hi and thanks to Nicci, With a very warm smile she informed us she had one more surprise waiting for us later. Turns out when we got back that evening, she had a chilled bottle of Prosecco and a hand written anniversary card waiting for us on the dining table.

We also have to give thanks to the other young lady working the desk that evening (we unfortunately did not get her name). She recommended a very nice Italian restaurant nearby (Osteria al Doge) and even got us the reservation. She did not steer us wrong.

Overall, it was the perfect place to stay. The room was great and we can't say enough about the staff. Everyone was very friendly and always willing to help.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights over a weekend. We were greeted at the front door and our cases taken inside. Check in was quick and we were shown to our room on the 5th floor. Unfortunately we didn't have a view but we booked late through an agent so this was to be expected. The room was very nice, a decent size for NYC. We had a flatscreen TV, a Bose sound system and a Klipsch docking station. The bed was very comfortable and we slept well both nights. The bathroom was well appointed and had Molten Brown toiletries. The location was in the very nice Bryant Park, near various Metro stations and Times Sq. The only criticism was the bar is shut all day Sunday.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Located on east 40th Street across from the library and Bryant Park, this is hotel is is at the geographic center for Manhattan visitors. The building is an architectural gem, once the headquarters of The American Radiator Company, it has been reborn as a well run and appealing boutique hotel. The rooms are comfortable, spare and mostly larger than your average NYC room.

Wi fi is free and the bar is a cool crypt set deep into subterranean NY. There are often drink specials and happy hour deals for guests. Room service is weak, at best, especially on weekends. Better to put your shoes on and walk down the street for breakfast.

The staff is great and after 5 stays, I am a real fan.

Room Tip: Higher is better and front rooms grant a view of the park. There are two suites on the 19th floor wi...