We chose the hotel after reading the good reviews and deciding we liked the location. Having not been back to NY for so long, I didn't realise the location was even better than we anticipated ! Right on Bryant Park, the hotel is walking distance to most attractions in midtown Manhattan and all the shopping on 5th Avenue. It is only about 5 min to Times Square, 10 min to Rockefeller Plaza and 15 min to MoMA. You can even walk up to Central Park if you feel particularly energetic though the subway is right outside the hotel.
The subway is excellent and I encourage visitors to use it to get around - cheap too as you can buy unlimited travel cards. We went for the US Open Tennis and the 7 train goes straight from the hotel to Flushing Meadows in about 30 min.
The suite we stayed in was nicely sized for a city hotel with great views of the park. Being NY, you have to expect some city noise despite being 21 floors up although to be honest, there was more noise at night from the neighboring room :)
We were celebrating my wife's birthday and the hotel arranged a cake and balloons which was a nice touch. I was impressed that the concierge actually emailed me before the trip to ask if they could arrange anything or if it was a special celebration. Service was faultless throughout the stay although the room could be improved by installing a kettle so you can make your own hot drinks. Was very odd that I had to keep asking for flasks of hot water from room service - unless its a scheme for the staff to make more tips !
Breakfast in the restaurant is only passable though - I had a few breakfast meetings while there and on each occasion, service was slow and orders were mixed up. There's also limited choices of food - I suggest going to the deli just up the street (they open at 7am) where there's plenty of choices for hot food and drinks. Overall, 5 stars for the location and service, minus half for the poor breakfast. I would come back again without hesitation
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bryant Park Hotel, NYC's Fashion Address is nestled conveniently between 5th and 6th avenue across from the famous Bryant Park and a 5 minute walk to Times Square and 5th Ave shopping. Get a glimpse into the Cellar Bar, home to a number of fashion week parties and well known celebrity haunt. We are now offering free in room wired and wireless internet and Open Bar for all hotel guests, Mon - Fri from 5 -6pm. With casual elegance, pristine rooms and impeccable service. The Bryant Park Hotel staff anxiously awaits your arrival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your The Bryant Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bryant Park New York City
- Bryant Park Hotel New York