“Will come back” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 467 Hotels in New York City
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Will come back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel based on location and trip advisor reviews. This was my birthday weekend in New York with my husband. Check in including having our car valeted gratis, was easy and pleasant. Our room was clean and bright with a very comfy bed and the bathroom was wonderful with both a lovely large soaking tub and a beautiful, marble shower. Housekeeping was quiet and efficient and the staff were all extremely helpful and pleasant. There were many amenities that we didn't get a chance to take advantage of including a gym, the cellar bar with complementary happy hour for guests and the Koi restaurant. The location was my favorite part, right across from beautiful Bryant park and just around the corner from many attractions. Also there is a subway stop right there for easy access around the city. I highly recommend this hotel and will certainly be staying there again in the future.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Happy Birthday!! I am thrilled to hear that you had such a memorable stay with us. Your compliments were very much appreciated especially regarding the room cleanliness. Our Housekeepers work so hard and it is really nice to see them get such great recognition. I hope you come back soon and please keep in touch with us and come back soon. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (747)
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

NYC is pretty easy to get around, but this place in particular had an unbeatable location: Right by Bryant Park, midway between Times Square and Grand Central, and close enough for a stroll up Fifth Ave. The price was a tad high for our liking, but I guess this is New York. For the location, definitely worth it.

Had no complaints about the service. Staff was friendly, no real issues. Would stay again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it. I know you had lots of choices of hotels and I am glad you chose to stay with us! Your praises about the staff confirm how lucky I am to work with such great employees. I hope we get to welcome you back soon. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I had an overnight trip to NYC and stayed at the Bryant Park Hotel on Saturday, August 10-11. Our budget was small but the hotel managed to be everything we'd want or need for a terrific trip. Free overnight valet on the weekends was a big draw, and we were very happy with the park across the street, which was busy with events during the day, and cool and airy for a quiet evening before bedtime. Traveling anywhere was convenient; the location and the proximity to the metro was great. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful for every step from check in to when we finally took our bags long after check out.

The room was comfortable and had a lot of amenities we didn't take advantage of, and there was a massive tub that we both enjoyed a great deal after a long, hot summer day walking around the city.

We also had to contend with the parade that someone mentioned earlier, but we were told several times by hotel staff that the parade would make getting our car an issue, so we were prepared for it in advance, and the garage was very close and had our car ready for us to leave when we walked to it. The hotel staff kept our luggage after check out so that we could fully enjoy the rest of our day without worrying about lugging everything around until we were ready to leave. In my situation, I feel like the staff did the best they could to cope with a parade that shut off some of the surrounding roads entirely.

I have stayed in other hotels that I've liked, but this is, hands down, my favorite. Whether it was for another short trip on a budget, or for a more lengthy and well-funded trip.

Room Tip: Get a room with a bathtub!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your 5 star rating and for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad that you had a great stay and were able to take advantage of the complimentary weekend parking. Your thoughtful words about the staff are very much appreciated, they really do care about our guests and it is so nice to see them get recognized. I also wanted to thank you for being so gracious regarding the Parade on 6th avenue. NYC always has some exciting events and I am sure that is a big reason why we attract so many new visitors. I hope you come back soon, if I can ever be of assistance please let me know. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay during a business trip in August 2013 and I have to say that the experience was absolutely first class. The location it is one of the best in New York, being close to everything, but somehow not in the middle of the chaos. The staff make you feel home and it is very efficient, facilities are good and the people patronizing the hotel are cool. Rooms are kind of basic but the bathroom is quite nice. Enjoying the free drinks in the afternoon and a special mention to Sarah (concierge) and to her beautiful smile (she also very efficient too!).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for giving us a 5! I am glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of the open bar as well as our concierge service. Sarah was all smiles when she read your review. Come back soon, we would love to have you back. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed at the Bryant Park Hotel to celebrate our anniversary. The hotel is situated in a amazingly quiet location. The rooms are large, spacious, airy and filled with bright sunlight and includes a luxurious bathroom. We were greeted by friendly staff who were attentive and took care of all our little needs including a constant supply of water bottles. The hotel also provided free wi-fi and so we had access to free internet. There is also an amazing in house Japanese restaurant that serves some amazing sushi. They also have free happy hours at the Bar where we tasted some great cocktails and champagne on ice. We were completely pampered during the entire length of the stay as the staff made us feel comfortable by being attentive and cheerful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Happy Anniversary once again! It sounds like my team took great care of you, I am very happy to hear that we were able to help create some great memories. Thank you for mentioning the Free Wifi, Open Bar and Koi. I hope other readers decide to stay with us and experience some of the perks as well. We also offer complimentary parking on the weekends. Please call upon me anytime. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Thonon-les-Bains, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights. Fantastic location with rooms overlooking Bryant Park. There is no better place to relax after visiting hectic NYC and get ready for the next day..
The quality of the service is outstanding, everybody's taking care of you with a smile.
The room we had was large for NYC (so was the bathroom), modern with just everything you can expect.
The major sights can be reached in just a few minutes (Times Square just around the corner).
Every customer is pampered and treated like a VIP! Needless to say the Hotel is perfectly run. I went several to NYC and one thing is obvious, The Bryant Park is definitely the only address I'll keep.
For your information we stayed in room 404.

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms are bigger with windows you can open.
1 Thank Steph74_10
WOW we would love to be #1 and with your review hopefully we can get to that goal quicker. We take our guests feedback very seriously and I am so glad that you had an amazing stay. The people are what makes the difference and I couldn’t ask for a more hospitality driven team by my side. The 4th floor rooms are very special and they happen to be my favorite as well. If I can ever be of assistance please let me know, I hope you come back soon. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Northport, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

The Hotel is in a fantastic location, right at the beautiful Bryant Park, easily accessible to many great sights. My room definitely had a modern look to it, but overall not at all impressed by the room. I pulled my car right up to the front door and had a free valet for the night, and service was great upon my arrival. My major problem and complaint, however, is with regard to the valet/parking in the end. I was told to give the front desk 30-45 minutes notice to get my car....on the morning I had to get out and head to the hotel, I gave that notice and was told to expect it to be 40 minutes. I got no call after 45 minutes and went down to the lobby with bags packed, expecting to have my car within minutes. I was told that they couldn't get my car because of a parade going on, so essentially I was no on my own, with multiple bags, walking several blocks to an area that added about 45 minutes to my drive because of the traffic from the parade. Horrible oversight on the part of the Hotel to not warn me of that, but even worse for flat out not telling me they just weren't getting my car....

2 Thank tshell01
Thank you for your honest feedback, I am glad that you enjoyed the service and I am so sorry that it all went sour once you were ready to get your vehicle. We received mixed information regarding the time the parade was to start and I can only imagine how frustrated you must have been waiting in your room and not knowing when your car would arrive from valet. The NYC Police Department dictates the opening and closing of the streets and we have no control over Parade street closures. In the future we will do a much better job at communicating with our guests. I hope you give us another opportunity and I would love to have the chance to speak with you. Please email me or call me 212-869-0100 . Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com