“Exceptional Service in a Lovely Hotel.”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Having been in the hotel business in New York City for over 20 years, I am quite critical. The Bryant Park Hotel exceeded my expectations. I had not stepped out of the cab, when the doorman greeted me with a warm sincere smile, and welcomed me to the hotel. He escorted me to the front desk, where each staff member introduced themselves and told me of the amenities available. He said he was not going to take too long, as there was a happy hour in the lounge, and he wanted to make sure I had the opportunity to participate. The service from the front staff to the cocktail waitress and the housekeepers was all exceptional. Great location, comfortable accommodations, and incredibly friendly and efficient staff. Everything was absolutely perfect!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,824)

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Loved the staff! Loved the Hotel! Loved our Room! It was clean, quiet and comfy!
The staff upgraded our room as it was our 15th Anniversary and my 45th Birthday! It didn't have a view, and I had wished I had a city view but they didn't have the availability. They called us 20 minutes later and offered to take us to the "top" so we could get a chance to see the city and Bryant Park view. We went up and the gentleman took pictures of the both of us and we had a chance to see the stunning view of the city!
Would definitely go back in a heartbeat and take the kiddies too!
Thanks again for everything!
Tricia and Jim Leone

Room Tip: Request an upgraded room with a view.
2  Thank Sophiasmama
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel in an amazing location, great staff and services. Free wifi and free drinks for an hour of night go downa treat. Check out the Cellar bar and Koi restaurant for extra bonus points. The lobster tail an dyou short ribs are a must.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had a perfect stay at the Bryant Park Hotel. Location is awesome, rooms are nice looking, clean and quite big for NYC standard. The staff was welcoming, friendly and provided a lot of advices on what to do, where to go, transportation to the airport, where to dine, etc. I did not get a room with view, but they offered it though...I decided not too since I did not intend to spend much time at the hotel. The room looked like the ones on the pictures, except that there was carpet on the floor. I guess upper rooms are the ones on the pictures. Still, the room was really great (and carpet looked just as new). I think they cleaned twice or even more every day. Weather was terribly warm so every time I would pass by the hotel I would stop by to take a quick shower and change over...and every time I came back, somebody had passed by and changed the towels. Wow! Really, a place to go back too. The view must be awesome from the top of the hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Anne R
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We found this on Trip Advisor and we will go back. The most important thing to comment on is the staff- everyone we saw was really friendly and professional - it was wonderful. The room was very comfortable and clean and the location is great - easy walking to lots of places and Bryant Park is a nice place to sit. This is a special find!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Well located both in terms of being immediately on Bryant Park with its various summer time draws and for easy access to all midtown sights and activities. Friendly front desk staff, decent sized rooms (get one with a view) and well equipped large bathrooms make for a comfortable stay. To nit pick, you'd say that they ought to have adapter plugs at the front desk rather than encouraging you to buy them for $20 from the mini bar. It also lacks a little soul somehow, perhaps because there are no real communal areas, you're out of the lift and on to the street, no lobby / lounge to speak of. Also we fought with our own bags from the taxi at midnight when checking in. Complimentary drinks in the bar weekday evenings 5-6 btw. Overall a decent option that once again leaves me wishing tripadvisor allowed scores out of 10 not 5!

Room Tip: take a room with a view. n.b. 6th floor park view had no street noise to speak of.
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband & I found this hotel on the app "hotels tonight" and got a steal of a deal! I almost don't want to give it such a good review so it doesn't climb any higher and get more expensive! We did end up on the 14th floor with a balcony but the room just wasn't cooling off. NY was in a MAJOR heat wave when we were in town so when we called the front desk, they sent someone to repair the AC. We didn't sleep much the first night because it was so hot. We called the second night when we realized the room was still just too hot and the front desk was quick to change rooms and give a small upgrade. When we changed rooms, our stay went from just ok to really great. The room layout and décor was better and AC worked great.

PROS:
The hotel location -- is AWESOME!
The had fresh ice in room every night.
Staff was personal and super attentive.
Late night room service - the mac n cheese was pretty good!
The Bryant Park is right across the street -- it's super pretty and even had movie night when we were there!
It's very quiet for being right downtown!

EITHER WAY:
There's a club that seems pretty exclusive (at least it was over the weekend). If you're into that, you'd probably like this. If you're a little older or looking for a family-vibe, this may not be your cup of tea. That said - we're not partiers but still really enjoyed this hotel!

CON:
The décor is a little cold - as in, there's none. You'd think this would be a good thing but in the first room we were in with hard wood floors, this can translate as a little sterile and seem unfinished.
Late night room service -- pizza was less than great.

We loved this hotel for it's location, staff and quality! Super great! We definitely recommend!

Room Tip: If going during hot weather - request a room without a balcony!