“Awesome, will return”

Ranked #12 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Quebec City, Canada
“Awesome, will return”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had a perfect stay at the Bryant Park Hotel. Location is awesome, rooms are nice looking, clean and quite big for NYC standard. The staff was welcoming, friendly and provided a lot of advices on what to do, where to go, transportation to the airport, where to dine, etc. I did not get a room with view, but they offered it though...I decided not too since I did not intend to spend much time at the hotel. The room looked like the ones on the pictures, except that there was carpet on the floor. I guess upper rooms are the ones on the pictures. Still, the room was really great (and carpet looked just as new). I think they cleaned twice or even more every day. Weather was terribly warm so every time I would pass by the hotel I would stop by to take a quick shower and change over...and every time I came back, somebody had passed by and changed the towels. Wow! Really, a place to go back too. The view must be awesome from the top of the hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Anne R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (787)
  • Korean first
Massachusetts
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We found this on Trip Advisor and we will go back. The most important thing to comment on is the staff- everyone we saw was really friendly and professional - it was wonderful. The room was very comfortable and clean and the location is great - easy walking to lots of places and Bryant Park is a nice place to sit. This is a special find!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Well located both in terms of being immediately on Bryant Park with its various summer time draws and for easy access to all midtown sights and activities. Friendly front desk staff, decent sized rooms (get one with a view) and well equipped large bathrooms make for a comfortable stay. To nit pick, you'd say that they ought to have adapter plugs at the front desk rather than encouraging you to buy them for $20 from the mini bar. It also lacks a little soul somehow, perhaps because there are no real communal areas, you're out of the lift and on to the street, no lobby / lounge to speak of. Also we fought with our own bags from the taxi at midnight when checking in. Complimentary drinks in the bar weekday evenings 5-6 btw. Overall a decent option that once again leaves me wishing tripadvisor allowed scores out of 10 not 5!

Room Tip: take a room with a view. n.b. 6th floor park view had no street noise to speak of.
DFW, TX
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband & I found this hotel on the app "hotels tonight" and got a steal of a deal! I almost don't want to give it such a good review so it doesn't climb any higher and get more expensive! We did end up on the 14th floor with a balcony but the room just wasn't cooling off. NY was in a MAJOR heat wave when we were in town so when we called the front desk, they sent someone to repair the AC. We didn't sleep much the first night because it was so hot. We called the second night when we realized the room was still just too hot and the front desk was quick to change rooms and give a small upgrade. When we changed rooms, our stay went from just ok to really great. The room layout and décor was better and AC worked great.

PROS:
The hotel location -- is AWESOME!
The had fresh ice in room every night.
Staff was personal and super attentive.
Late night room service - the mac n cheese was pretty good!
The Bryant Park is right across the street -- it's super pretty and even had movie night when we were there!
It's very quiet for being right downtown!

EITHER WAY:
There's a club that seems pretty exclusive (at least it was over the weekend). If you're into that, you'd probably like this. If you're a little older or looking for a family-vibe, this may not be your cup of tea. That said - we're not partiers but still really enjoyed this hotel!

CON:
The décor is a little cold - as in, there's none. You'd think this would be a good thing but in the first room we were in with hard wood floors, this can translate as a little sterile and seem unfinished.
Late night room service -- pizza was less than great.

We loved this hotel for it's location, staff and quality! Super great! We definitely recommend!

Room Tip: If going during hot weather - request a room without a balcony!
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here twice - Jan and Feb 2013.

Location is great - very central. Close to Times Square and NY Penn station.

Sushi restraint is great. Bar downstairs very NY cool - if you're into that sort of thing.

Rooms good size and very bright. Staff make is special. Everyone from the door man to receptionist remembered me on return and said "welcome back". That means something.

Would recommend. It's not cheap but quality hotels in this part of the world never are.

• Stayed February 2013
Columbia, SC
Reviewed July 14, 2013

When I began planning a trip for my boyfriend and I to NYC, I knew that the Bryant Park Hotel was near the top of my list of hotels that I wanted to look into. After reading tons of reviews on here, and pricing hotels, I decided that I was going to see what all of the praise was all about! Steven and I had never been on a real vacation before, so I wanted to make sure it was special.

We booked a deluxe queen, and the next day were greeted by a welcome e-mail from Felix. First, I don't think I've ever stayed somewhere where the service starts immediately after you book a room. I mentioned to Felix that I'd love to have an upgrade if available. There was an upgrade to a queen with a view, so we booked that. Being very tall, a queen bed is pretty tight for me, and upon arrival we were upgraded to a Jr. Suite with a king bed overlooking the park!! We were also celebrating our anniversary that had recently passed, and shortly after we were in the room were greeted with a bottle of Prosecco and balloons. Right before we headed out to see the city, Felix called our room and asked if we'd be interested in upgrading to a terrace suite! Of course, we said yes, and when we returned all of our things had been moved to a terrace suite on the 19th floor - corner room, with windows in the bathroom even. It was AMAZING. We enjoyed breakfasts on the terrace and looking at the city lights at night. Felix made sure that he took care of us, and we were thrilled with his hospitality.

I can't say enough about the room. While minimalistic in decor and lots of white - it was spacious, well laid out, and had tons of huge windows. The bed was extremely comfortable, which helped with our sleeping in until 10 every day! The rainfall shower was probably the best shower I've ever used. The soaking tub was really nice, too. I was able to squeeze in a bubble bath while looking out into the city one afternoon. Closet space was great, and we used the mini fridge to hold a couple of desserts for some late night snacks! The terrace was a great extra!!

The location of the hotel is superb, and with so many things to see and do, we absolutely used the services of Sarah, the concierge. She also e-mailed us before we arrived, and was fantastic at suggesting great restaurants and things to do around the city. The first place we went to was a small italian restaurant, Macelleria, in the meatpacking district. Impeccable service, perfect servings, and a great atmosphere, it made our first night in the city a memorable one. She recommended quick places to stop while we were on the go to our shows, and set up reservation after reservation for us. She was fantastic!

All of the staff at the hotel make you feel like you're at home. They all know your name, and greet you every single time you enter or leave the hotel. The front desk service when we first arrived was top notch. Very good vibe at the hotel. We didn't get to take advantage of the free cocktails in the bar, but we definitely will make it a point on our next trip!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for a wonderful stay in NYC. We loved the hotel, and working with Felix, Sarah, and the rest of the staff. Looking forward to coming back soon.

Room Tip: Stay in a room on a higher floor. The higher you are the least amount of noise from the road. If you...
Dublin
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I love the Bryant Park Hotel. It is cool & the people who work there are cool. However, sometimes with cool you get arrogance, but not here. The people who work in this hotel are the nicest in New York. They must have a brilliant HR manager as they get it right every time with their staff choice. I have just returned from another wonderful stay. I was alone, over visiting my daughter, who is working in New York for the summer. I felt totally comfortable throughout my 5 day stay. Eric, the Concierge, is a very professional yet personable gentleman. He, as usual, could not do enough for me, during my stay. All that is left to say is that I use Tripadvisor to give me hotel advice when I traval & I would only stay in the Bryant Park Hotel on my visits to New York. Try to get a room with a park view if you go.

Room Tip: High Floor with a view of Bryant Park
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo