“Home from Home”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I love the Bryant Park Hotel. It is cool & the people who work there are cool. However, sometimes with cool you get arrogance, but not here. The people who work in this hotel are the nicest in New York. They must have a brilliant HR manager as they get it right every time with their staff choice. I have just returned from another wonderful stay. I was alone, over visiting my daughter, who is working in New York for the summer. I felt totally comfortable throughout my 5 day stay. Eric, the Concierge, is a very professional yet personable gentleman. He, as usual, could not do enough for me, during my stay. All that is left to say is that I use Tripadvisor to give me hotel advice when I traval & I would only stay in the Bryant Park Hotel on my visits to New York. Try to get a room with a park view if you go.

Room Tip: High Floor with a view of Bryant Park
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sheerana

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Its been at least 7 years since I stayed at the Bryant Park and it has improved in that time in terms of overall service quality. Very friendly staff at the front desk. The room I had was very large for New York standards (junior suite) overlooking Bryant Park. This was nice from a view standpoint, but somewhat noisy for sleeping (there was an event in the park). The location is excellent and the restaurant's food is very good. I would return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our 1 year anniversary on the weekend of June 30.

We had an amazing time from begining to end. We felt like the Hotel rolled out the red carpet for us from the very begining since our initial contact over the phone with Harold H. in reservation. He was very respectful, informative and provided me with sincere professionalism throughout our conversation. He was very polite and helpful in helping me decide which room will be the perfect room for my wife and I, since he understood it was our anniversary and he wanted to make sure our stay was comfortable as possible. I cannot thank him enough for suggesting we stay in the junior suite with the terrace. WE LOVED IT. It felt like an apartment in the city with a gorgeous view of Bryant Park. We were able to enjoy the great view from our room and the terrace was perfect for an after dinner night cap and morning breakfast.

The front desk manager John C. along with his staff was very professional and very friendly. John C made us feel like VIP upon our arrival and he was very gracious, especially when congratulating us when he acknowledge that my wife was 8 months pregnant and he showered us with great compliments. I wish all hotels would have people like him to make every arrival special.

Everyone from the doorman to the front Desk were wonderful. With the great room, location, professionalism and courtesy from everyone, we definitely will be going back soon.

We loved our room, loved the bedding/bathroom & the amenities. The king size mattress was super comfortable.

We had a lovely dinner @ Koi Restaurant which connects from the Hotel. The Food was delicious. The staff there were also very professional and knowlegable of the food reccomendations.

So glad we did something for our Anniversary. But staying at the Bryant Park Hotel made it Special.

Once again a special thanks to Harold H and John C. for taking such good care of us. We can't wait to go back.

We were so glad we decided to stay because we had the perfect anniversary weekend.

Room Tip: The hotel is right accross the street from Bryant Park, where you go for a walk, have a picnic or ev...
1  Thank Big Santo S
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This past weekend was the 3rd or 4th time we have stayed at the Bryant Park Hotel. As usual it was great - clean, great staff, and great air conditioning (it was in the 90s in NYC). The only reason why I did not rate this hotel as excellent this time was that our room was not made up until very, very late in the afternoon. We arrived back to the hotel around 4-4:30 after a sweltering day and had to leave when housekeeping came a few minutes later.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade - the rooms are wonderful especially those with a balcony!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We are a family of 5 and have just returned from a 4 night stay at the Bryant Park Hotel. We were celebrating 2 18th birthdays and from the moment we arrived we were treated in a friendly warm and helpful manner by Felix and his staff. We requested three adjoining rooms on the same floor and were granted this request. As a nice touch, the twins celebrating their birthdays were given balloons and special cupcakes on our arrival. The hotel has a cosy feel to it, and the rooms were spotless, modern and quiet and the beds were very comfortable. You couldn't ask for a better location - opposite Bryant Park itself and close to all the main tourist sights - Times Square, Grand Central Station, Empire State Building etc. We will definitely stay there again when we next visit NYC.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a nine night stay at the Bryant Park Hotel for our honeymoon. All we can say is Wow! What a fantastic hotel! It is trendy and unique in a great location with the beautiful Bryant Park right at your doorstep and Times Square just a few blocks away. The rooms are a good size, especially by New York standards, but what makes this hotel so special are the fabulous people who work there. Taji and Kristin at the Cellar Bar, our helpful Concierges, Eric and Sarah and last but not least the delightful front desk staff, John and Felix. All the staff were friendly and professional but these people in particular made our stay feel like a home away from home. We thank you all and hope to return again some day. From the newlyweds, Rob and Teresa.

2  Thank Teresa_Chatfield
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Bryant Park Hotel. From the moment we arrived through the time we left, we have nothing but wonderful things to say about the service we received. Every single staff member in every corner of the hotel did an equally magnificent job. The location is terrific in that you're close to everything in midtown without being right in the middle of it. The street itself is quiet, with Brant Park right across the street, sheltering you from the noise of 42nd St and Times Square. On a longer stay, I'm sure our room would feel even smaller, and the wait for an elevator would seem even longer. But for a short stay those things didn't matter that much.