“Not Worth the Price, Disappointing”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 12, 2012

At $525 USD a night, this is an expensive hotel even for NYC. The hotel caters more to the tourist than the business person. There is no coffee in the room (nor amenities like tooth brush). When I asked about a cup of coffee (for the early morning), they could do it for $10, but not at 05:00. When I went out the night before to get a cup to keep until morning, they said that was a good idea!. Interestingly, the plugs were loose (not holding the power cords well). There is a difference between minimalist and cheap. The furniture falls into the latter. The staff's replies were a bit arrogant, but that may just be my interpretation. Good location, and the bed is comfortable, but for that price much better options exist.

Room Tip: ask for a view facing the park.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank Exline

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife and I chose Bryant Park Hotel for a extended weekend get-away in October 2012. The first criteria was the fantastic location at Bryant Park between 5th and 6th avenue close to shopping, close to Times Square/Broadway and in walking distance to everything.
Bryant Park is however much more than location. They have their very own "funky style". Very modern and youthful with "good looking young staff" (kind of like Abercrombie only without the terrible loud music and bad perfume).
The cellar bar is very nice and as a special gimmick they offer free bar between 17-18 every day
Our superior rooms was a bit on the small side but guess thats NYC . . .
As an example of the high service then ice cubes in the rooms were filled and changed everyday in the evening by the staff
We did have a slight problem with our toilet and warm water but technicians where at our room within minutes after call front desk and problems where solved immediately
Bryant Park is not a business hotel as such but for a luxury getaway with friends, your wife, your lover . . . . it simply fantastic
My wife and I hope to be back in NYC and if possible at the Bryant Park Hotel again !

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing Bryant Park Rooms are on the small side
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PeterRavnRasmussen
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We are about to start next week yet another stay at this hotel. This hotel is wonderful, but not just for the hip and trendy and young. While I do think of myself as having some hip both my husband and I have white hair. The views from the rooms decorated in modern minimal fashion are magnificent-the wonderful Bryant Park. The hotel is in an ideal location but because it is near the park , in the mid city but it is a bit of an oasis from the hub bub and noise of the city. Looking for something to do the hotel will help or just walk to the park and watch financiers and corporate groups play bocci. Or stroll to the international photography museum. Hungry for a quick bite many easy restaurants near by and the hotel has its own bar full of life. Next door is an excellent pan asian restaurant and the fabulous Bryant Park Grill 2 minutes away.Did I mention the service? Warm, bright helpful and in good humor. The managers also warm and accessible .Okay, yes I am a baby boomer we a a lawyer and artist/psychologist and this is our go to retreat when we want to get away to have a haven in the city while partaking in the good food and arts of Manhattan . Having traveled Europe a lot, I expect Europeans would love it as well.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank gail w
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Nice boutique hotel and very clean. Great midtown location for business and I would come back for a couples weekend stay. Just on the fringe of the theater district and Times Square and blocks away from 5th ave. shopping. Only point out during my stay (not a compliant) is that the rooms are a bit on the smaller side.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I just got back from a two night stay at the Bryant Park Hotel in NYC. My experience was wonderful! The room was extremely clean! It was simply decorated - more contemporary than traditional, but had everything I needed. Although I spent a little more than I am used to spending ($450.00 per night for one queen bed), it was worth it. My room had two large windows that looked directly out over beautiful Bryant Park. There was a great window bench along the windows that made for a perfect place to sit to people watch or read. The staff in the hotel were warm, friendly, and professional. There is a Japanese restaurant Koi on property that was always crowded and looked very nice, but I did not have a chance to eat there. Downstairs is a bar called Cellar. Two staff working at this bar were not very friendly but very serious, a bit rude, and I found the drinks to be rather expensive. I found the location of this hotel in Midtown Manhattan to be terrific. There is so much to do in this area of the city. I would definitely stay at The Bryant Park Hotel next time I am in NYC.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Hip hotel. Great location and service. Overpriced and should not be compared to other 4 star hotels. Horribly tiny and uncomfortable beds, small rooms, and rooms do not have enough window treatments to stay dark in the morning. I can think of at least 5 hotels nearby that are 4 stars and this isn't one.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank kdiz
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I took a quick trip to NYC this past weekend and we stayed at the Bryant Park Hotel. From arriving via taxi at the front door to checking out we were treated like best friends of the staff. Ryan, the doorman greeted us at the curb upon exiting our taxi. He handed our bags off to Mike, the bellman while Kevin at the front desk checked us in and offered us helpful suggestions for our stay. These folks at this hotel are the nicest, most accommodating, friendly and personable people I have ever encountered at a hotel in NYC. We only stayed for one night but you'd think we'd been there for a couple of weeks the way the way the staff remembered our names and acted like we were old friends.

The place is clean as a whistle. Hardwood floors in our room were shiny and immaculate. The room was nicely furnished and outfitted with glassware, corkscrew and our ice bucket was not only present but filled with fresh ice upon our return in the evening. They even provide you with an umbrella in your closet for you to use during your stay - which came in handy on Sunday during the afternoon showers. The bathroom sparkled and was nicely supplied. The towels are over-sized and wonderful.

This place is probably the quietest hotel we have stayed in NYC - or anywhere for that matter. . Barely a sound heard from anywhere inside the hotel while in our room.

Sitting right across the street is Bryant Park which was a great place to just sit and people-watch for a time on Saturday afternoon. Last time we were there it had an ice skating rink in the middle of it. Goes to show you that you need to visit this city during all of the seasons.

The restaurant in this hotel, Koi, has a restaurant near my hometown which I love. Since we had been to our local version many times we did not visit the one at this hotel because - after all - it is New Your City and there are thousands of restaurants to sample - but I'm sure I can highly recommend the restaurant here as well based on my experience at the one near home.

We'll definitely be back to this place because, after all, we are friends of the staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple