“Brilliant hotel!”

Ranked #12 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Brilliant hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Just back from our honeymoon at the bryant park hotel and thought i would write my first review to let everyone know that if your going to new york then make this hotel your choice to stay in. We arrived about an hour early for check in and our room wasn't ready, not a problem, we got upgraded to a bigger room that was ready(great start i thought), we put our cases in our room,freshened up and went out to explore the big apple. Times square, 5th avenue all within 10 minutes walking distance,(kept getting better and better!), we went back to our room to find a bottle off champagne,balloons and a congratulations card from the hotel(brilliant we thought!). The hotel itself is amazing, but what makes this such a great place to stay in is the staff, everyone off them helped make our honeymoon amazing. Thank you to all the staff at the bryant park hotel, we will be returning.:)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (763)
  • Korean first
Honolulu
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

If travelling with kids or want to see 'green', this is a well located hotel across from Bryant Park. Although this is not a kid friendly hotel (no cribs), the older ones would be well accomodated. The staff is well trained and friendly and the rooms are super clean. The food from 'private dining' aka 'room service' is excellent.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TataPaloAlto
Ostend, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

For the first time in NY, choosing a hotel is not easy, but we were very satisfied with our choice. BPHotel, in a landmark building, is trendy and has a friendly staff and a top location: very central, facing a lovely park. Also appreciated the clean modern room with large bathroom and wooden floor, so much better than fixed carpet.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PatrickVDG
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed at Bryant Park for an extended weekend and got a good deal for a stay at one of their Junior Suites. As soon as we stepped into our room we wished we had booked a longer holiday.

The staff were amazing and very helpful. (They even schemed with my boyfriend, now fiancé, to have the ring he was going to propose with delivered to the hotel before the big day!) Turn down service every night and friendly smiles every morning. The room we had was comfortable, modern and very plush. It was also bigger than what I was expecting for the price we paid. The bathroom was huge and really luxurious.

The view of the park was excellent, especially in the evenings and as far as being a tourist in New York, this hotel is the best base you can use. It is so close to everything and for people like us who love to sightsee by walking, the location could not be beaten since it sits between 5th and 6th avenue.

Cannot wait to see at this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone who will listen!

Room Tip: If you're easily bothered by noise from the road, ask for a room on a higher floor to minimise t...
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

On this trip I was only staying one night as a sort of stop over on my way to East Hampton. I picked it for the price (I got a good rate, about $240, including tax), and the location. There are a ton of different subway lines all within two blocks, which makes it easy to get to any part of the city. There's also a Hampton Jitney stop about 3 blocks over at 3rd Ave, which was easy to walk to.

Check-in: Was quite efficient. The room they allocated me didn't have a soaking tub (one of the deciding factors in staying here), but the clerk said he would see what he could do and they held my bags for me (I got into the city at about 1pm, so I wasn't expecting my room to be ready right away). When I got back to the hotel around 5 my room was ready-with a tub!- and they had someone bring my bags up within ten minutes.

My Queen (805) room didn't have a view, but I wasn't really expecting one, and certainly didn't need one when I was only staying one night. It did have a little non-functioning terrace and high wall, which still let in light yet provided some privacy and seemed to block the noise quite well. The room was clean and cool, with a nice desk and flat screen. The bathroom rivaled those of some five-star hotels in the city that are nearly twice what I paid here (I'm thinking of the Mark on the UES and Trump Soho). Gorgeous tub, large separate shower, two fluffy robes and lovely Molton Brown amenities. And this is in their lowest room category!

I didn't end up going to the Happy hour provided in the Cellar Bar so I can't comment on that. There were two lovely chocolates waiting for me in my room, and when a maid came for turn-down service (I said no, I was already in my pjs, though next time I travel somewhere I need to arrange a turn-down time in advance!), she gave me another two!

Check-out the next morning was quick and efficient, they offered to get me a taxi or hold my bags again, even though I didn't need to, and let me go with a bottle of water.

The only nit-picky thing I could say was that I had to open the front doors myself. Now I'm not some delicate princess, but with a small suitcase and overnight bag plus purse, it certainly would have made my life a little easier. That is literally the only downside to my stay. I would definitely stay here again, even for a longer visit.

Room Tip: If you are staying in a Queen room and want a soaking tub, make sure you ask as not all of them have...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Jackson, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I decided to stay at the Bryant Park hotel to celebrate our birthdays.
We had purchased tickets to see Zarkana at Radio City and were able to get a great deal on hotels.com for the Bryant Park.

Here are the pro's and con's.

Pros:
LOCATION!!! Perfect location, walking distance to everything. Park directly across the street.
Complimentary room upgrade!!
Easy check in, friendly staff, free valet parking.
Clean room, huge bathroom, bose stereo, flat screen tv, cozy and spacious for NYC.
Koi rest in hotel was delicious, lecee martinis were unbelievable (kind of dead for a Sat night in NYC though)

Cons:
No view, we were looking at the fire escape of the adjacent building - had to pay $100 extra to move to a higher floor.
Very small hotel, not much going on, small lobby no rest areas etc.
The Cellar bar in the hotel which is open at night was very very nice and cozy however, the crowd was about 21 so we did not stay. It would have been nice to go down for a drink if the scene was a little more mature.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Buffalo NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at the Bryant Park Hotel for just one night (a Friday) and wish we had time to stay longer at this great hotel with a tremendous, accommodating staff.

Chase was very helpful at check-in and Sarah, the concierge, did a great job helping us coordinate a birthday gift for a friend.

We actually booked one of their cheaper rooms, without a park view, and still found it to be incredible. It was larger and had better amenities than many other properties we have stayed at and which cost more per night.

The location can't be beat - it's within walking distance to some of the city's best sites and attractions and within a 1/2 block to a well-connected and easy to navigate subway stop.
Walked back to the hotel & were suprised by a very nice anniversary gift.

The only way our next stay could be better is if we are able to stay longer!

You will love this hotel.