“Location + staff + free WiFi = excellent experience”

The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #10 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Kiev, Ukraine
“Location + staff + free WiFi = excellent experience”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

My friend and I spent 5 days at this conveniently located hotel, and enjoyed every minute. The staff were very considerate and helpful, the room was nice and clean, and free WiFi made it easy for me to combine work and play while traveling. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am very glad you and your friend enjoyed your 5 night stay. Our housekeepers work very hard and they will be very happy to hear your positive feedback. It was just this past January that we decided to provide free WiFi because it was such a popular guest request. I am glad you enjoyed it. I hope to welcome you back soon. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (773)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed here over the new year period and were so happy with our choice. We remembered the hotel from our last visit, and were charmed by the gilded trimming of the iconic building. The rooms aren't huge, but are a good size, particularly for NY hotel standards. The view over Bryant park is beautiful, particularly in winter as you can watch the skaters in the ice rink. The best part however, as we stayed there over new years eve, we could see the NYE times square ball from over corner room, and rather than braving the crowds and freezing weather, we could watch the ball drop from the comfort of a beautiful suite.
The location is great and is in an area that makes it easy to get to anywhere in NY that you need to go. The service is also great, especially as it is quite a large hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Wondows8
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for starting your year off with us. I am glad to hear that you had such a great view of the NYE Times Square Ball! I hope you come back soon, maybe you can make it a yearly tradition :). Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
London, England
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My mother and I have just returned from spending 3 nights at The Bryant Park Hotel in room 2003. The visit was our annual mother/daughter break and a birthday treat for my mother. Therefore, I was very appreciative of the room upgrade given and we were both extremely delighted with our room. The view of the City was sensational and we simply loved the Molton Brown products. I was also very pleased with the goodies in the room including cup cakes to acknowledge my mother's celebration. We also had a balcony overlooking Bryant Park. We thoroughly enjoyed relaxing here after a long day of sight seeing with a drink, just taking in the magnificence of the City. The view and ambience was truly amazing!

The location is faultless - for walking, shopping and the subway - which helped us to make the most of our time in New York and having Bryant Park across the street is priceless! My only regret is that we we missed having dinner at Koi.

I have stayed in many hotels in NY and I must say that this is my favourite. Initially, I was concerned that this hotel might be too trendy for my mother, however, there were guest of all ages and the staff treated everyone with genuine care, attention and respect.

Last year, my husband and I stayed at Gansevoort Park and I must say that The Bryant Park Hotel was much better in every way. Gansevoort was more style over substance, whereas the Bryant Park hotel effortlessly combined, style, high levels of service and sophistication with a hotel that is run to a very high standard. Every member of the team provided exceptional service and did everything possible to ensure that our stay was perfect. The personal touch demonstrated by Darren and the team truly sets this NY hotel apart. As a result, I will be taking my husband to experience this wonderful hotel - hopefully in December, if not early 2013 - and will certainly be recommending this superb hotel to family, friends and colleagues.

Room Tip: A balcony is superb!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your amazing and thorough review! I am very happy to hear that my team and I were able to help create some great memories for you and your mom’s birthday. I couldn’t wait to share your review with all the staff. I also appreciate all the great advice you gave the readers. We would love to welcome you back soon, please keep in touch. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Milton Keynes
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Recently returned from a short trip to New York and we greatly enjoyed our stay at The Bryant Park Hotel. We were never around between 5 & 6pm to take advantage of free drinks in the cellar bar, but if used this does add value to the room rate - which was very competitive anyway given it's central location which is brilliant; short walks to major attractions and the subway is just a few hundred yards away at most. The hotel room was exactly as described on the website, good size, very comfortable and spotlessly clean. The mini bar is well-stocked and the 'adult' catalogue (discreetly sealed in an A5 envelope) selling merchandise to spice up your evening certainly made us smile, I've never witnessed this in a hotel before.

If you can, try and get a room overlooking Bryant Park itself - which is wonderful with bars, a restaurant and chairs/tables in the shade, very welcome in the New York heat in July.

My only criticism...is the lighting. The lifts, the corridors - is all dimly lit and makes the place feel a bit gloomy, which is a shame as it is a wonderful hotel with a great front of house team.

Room Tip: Overlooking Bryant Park
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank You for your 5 star rating! I am glad you were able to enjoy some of the perks. I enjoyed your comment regarding the discreetly sealed envelope in the mini bar. We are considered more of an adult hotel so it is appropriate  I hope you come back soon. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed here for 6 nights and were rapt with our decision. The location is amazing. We had a junior suite on the 7th floor with a great view of Bryant Park and couldn't hear anything at night. The Molton Brown products were great and plentiful. The staff are very accommodating without being in your face which I appreciate.

Really enjoyed the free drinks in the downstairs bar during happy hour (5pm to 6pm).

Will be back for sure.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for your kind review! I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and glad that you enjoyed the open bar at the Cellar Bar. The open bar has proven to be a big hit with our guests. Come back soon!

Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Sonoma, California
Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

The location is great. The rooms are nice, the bathroom had a great tub and it had a very interesting mini bar. Yes, it has a mini bar that has "adult" items. If you are reading 50 shades of grey and want to give it a go all you have to do is open your mini bar. I would not want to bring children here as explaining the items would be very difficult. A fun stay nonetheless. A very nice staff also. The food in the mini bar was also pretty darn good

New York
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We got married in April 2012 and chose this hotel for our out of town family and guests and for our wedding night. The hotel went above and beyond taking care of them and of us. Harold Henning Jr., Director of Revenue and Reservations, took great care of everyone making them feel special, despite having two other wedding parties and every room booked at the hotel that weekend! He made sure the bride had a steamer for the wedding dress, made sure our gift bags were delivered to all our guests, arranged for transportation to Chelsea Piers for guests and surprised us with complimentary champagne and fruit. As their guests on our wedding night, they even took special care to refrigerate the top of our wedding cake during our stay.

It is a fantastic hotel right across the street from a gem of a park. The suite we stayed in had a fantastic view of Bryant Park. The Bryant Park Grill and the old NYC Library are just across the street and great shopping, Broadway, and even Central Park are within walking distance.

Our suite was of ample size for a New York City hotel room. It was large enough to accommodate the bridal party for a luncheon before the wedding. The bedroom and bathroom were spacious, modern and comfortable. Most of our guests stayed in Deluxe rooms and many commented how nice the hotel was.

If you stay, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Congratulations once again on your Marriage! We remember your family and really enjoyed having them all as guests. You have a very nice family! We would love to have you back, maybe for your Anniversaries! All the best for you and your spouse, all of us are wishing you a wonderful life together. Please keep in touch and contact me anytime. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com