We chose the Bryant Park because of the location, which we'd liked on a previous visit to New York. It's a fantastic looking building, overlooking the small but charming green space of Bryant Park, right by the Central Library, on the edge of the garment district, a few blocks from Times Square and Broadway. It's not particularly quiet though with the busy 6th Avenue nearby.
Friendly staff greeted us in the lobby and were helpful throughout our 2 night stay. We checked in early after a midday arrival at JFK and were found a nice corner room, with an excellent view of Bryant Park and 6th, that was an upgrade from the "Superior" room we'd booked. The dim lighting and red-leather padded cell effect in the lift was a little weird!
Excellent bar downstairs, particularly between 5pm and 6pm when drinks are complementary for guests! The staff were pleasant and helpful if a tad underdressed (I think I'm getting old!). We went to Koi restaurant, entrance in the lobby, one night and thoroughly enjoyed our meal and the atmosphere.
Not a huge room, but a good size for NY with an excellent bathroom with both shower and bath. Plenty of fluffy towels, face cloths, excellent toiletries, bathrobes and slippers. The bed was very comfortable with superb down pillows (you can ask for foam if preferred). Excellent large screen TV, Bose radio and CD, and dock for MP3 players (not an iPod dock though).
To me, a light sleeper who doesn't like background noise, the only downside was the constant drone of the aircon, even when the fan was turned off. The odd noise making machine next to bed supposed to provide soothing backround noises didn't help. The earplugs provided did, a little. Because of that and the traffic noise, I probably wouldn't come back, which is a shame as otherwise I really liked this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bryant Park Hotel, NYC's Fashion Address is nestled conveniently between 5th and 6th avenue across from the famous Bryant Park and a 5 minute walk to Times Square and 5th Ave shopping. We are now offering free in room wired and wireless internet. With casual elegance, pristine rooms and impeccable service. The Bryant Park Hotel staff anxiously awaits your arrival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Bryant Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bryant Park New York City
- Bryant Park Hotel New York