“Top notch service, property and location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bryant Park Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Bryant Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Boston, Massachusetts
“Top notch service, property and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

I travel to NY on business 4 out of every 6 weeks. I stay inn high-quality boutique hotels because I like the sense of home away from home. I have high expectations that the "little things" are important, but not always delivered. I do not write reviews mostly because I am hard to impress and typically do not want to advertise my best secrets.

The Bryant Hotel is an exception. They deserve the accolades.

When you enter the property, if you pay attention, you will see 5 star service. Eye contact and a warm welcome from the doorman, the front desk and the next two employees you meet to get to the elevator. YOU CANNOT UNDERESTIMATE THE QUALITY of SERVICE at this level. I think this is more than training and policy, this is the best of hiring practices......

The room is perfect, layout is well designed, roomy for NY, and clean. The bath, bed, TV, iPod port, and well stocked fridge was first class.

I worked late (2am) one night and decided to grab a night cap at the bar downstairs before they closed. In college, I worked at restaurants and bars and know how long the shifts are and difficult it can be. The bar was wrapping up their evening when I arrived and yet I was made to feel welcomed and not rushed as I ordered what was probably the drink of the night. These folks are professional and are rare.

Ate one breakfast down-stairs and one at another restaurant. It was, again, a high-quality level of service......

When I checked-out, I made a mental note of how the individual employees performed at this hotel. To a person. It was remarkable. I know I will be back.

Room Tip: Eye contact
4 Thank Boxer101
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
WOW! This has to be one of the best reviews yet. We are speechless, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience, I along with the entire Bryant Park Family hope you come back soon so we can do it all over again. Thank you for being our guest and for choosing to stay with us. All the best and hope to see you soon!! Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (749)
  • Korean first
Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2011

I discovered the Bryant Park Hotel last November with my then 4 month baby daughter and have since, been there twice on business. I was looking for somewhere central and near Times Square so we could walk everywhere. Admittedly I was apprehensive to be traveling on my own and booked a Bryant Park Suite to ensure Juliette could have a quiet area even if I wanted to watch TV. I also wasn't sure how well a baby would fit in this trendy, boutique fashion hotel. To my delight and great surprise, we were treated like princesses. They installed a baby bed for J and were always ready to lend a helping hand. The staff was so friendly (special thanks goes out to Darren, Robert, Alejandro, Eddie and Chris for all the support from the whole beginning - but the whole staff deserves thanks and is top notch!)

I've since been back twice on business and convinced a colleague to stay at the BPH too.

The happy hour is a welcome special touch at the end of the day. Rooms and bathrooms are impeccable and love the wooden floors (no dust!). Molten Brown products are personally my favourite and there are even small touches like earplugs - which can help (you're in the city afterall) but the rooms themselves and street above Bryant Park are very quiet considering the location.) If I had any constructive criticism it would be to echo comments from other guests that it would be GREAT to have one of those little coffee makers in the room and free WiFi.

The restaurant, Koi, is fabulous. Love the sea bass with shitake mushrooms! I've had room service as well as eaten in the restaurant. Another benefit of being in a small, boutique hotel with a restaurant is the food always arrives on time - and piping hot. Can't be said for room service at other places.

The Bryant Park Hotel has become truly my home away from home when I go to NYC. I arrive to big smiles and welcome back! The staff has generously upgraded me even if they are still waiting to see their smallest fan, Juliette, again, now that she is 9 months. I had to explain I did have to work. ha.

Hopefully we'll be back this summer with the whole extended family. I can't wait until my next visit. Having a place like the Bryant Park Hotel to go back to (be it after business or a shopping spree) gives one a sense of peace - and it is a great feeling to crawl into a really comfortable, quiet bed at the end of a long day in the city, content in the knowledge you are welcome guest.

Thank you team BPH and hope to see you soon!

1 Thank sunflowersbythesea
Thank you so much for your amazing review and for pointing out the employees that have gone over and beyond. Robert, Alejandro, Eddie and Chris are super stars and I am so glad they made your experience so special. Looking forward to your next visit! Darren
Jouy en Josas, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2011

we stayed one week, the staff was always nice, helpful and smiling, great service especially from Eric (concierge) for every question about visits or restaurant reservations, Isaac at the bar was also perfectly welcoming (speaks very good french); as a guest, you can have complimentary drinks at the bar between 5 and 6 pm on weekdays, very good initiative (except that your child is not allowed there but you can bring him up a drink); on the other hand the lobby is pretty small and not convenient if you need to meet people especially on business; but the japanese restaurant "KOI" (excellent one) in the hotel can accomodate this need...
The room (junior suite) was clean and comfortable, pretty large bathroom (separate bath and shower), enjoyable view on the park and surroundings, thanks to 3 large windows (very bright room); you can ask for an additional bed (extra cost) (but we had to ask twice before getting it...)
The location is perfect (midtown, so this is central and each part of Manhattan is easily accessible, Times Square is very close: 5 to 10 minutes on foot)
In short, it was a very nice stay, don't fear about anything, the place is great.

Room Tip: ask a junior suite with view on the park
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed Eric's recommendations and Isaac's hospitality. Your suggestions I also feel will be very helpful to othe reviewers as well. I hope you come back soon, Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
London, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2011

Nice enough but expensive and just rather dull. And one problem - "hot" water stayed tepid even after running for several minutes.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2011

We chose the Bryant Park Hotel for an 8 day stay at NYC for our honeymoon, after quite a wide research over the internet.

Pros:
1. The best service you'll ever get in a hotel. The staff is amazing, cares for every question you might have, and tried to make you feel at home. They'll loan you umberlla's when needed, put you chocolates on the pillow at night, serve your room twice a day and so on. We never got such a service from anywhere in the world - so thank you! We even got champagne along with great wishes, when they realized we had a honeymoon.

2. Spacious rooms - We took the Junior Suite which was big in terms of a NYC hotel, and wasn't too expensive compared to other hotels who offer this size of a room.

3. Decore - rooms are clean, trendy but not cheap. We really liked the look, and the shower was brilliant.

4. Location, Location, Location! Located on 40th Streeet between 5th and 6th avenue, you can't ask for any better than that. It has the quiteness of being next to a park, but you're still right in the middle of everything! The Subway is right there, next to the hotel. Just awsome location, you wouldn't find any better.

Cons:
1. Since the room has this very elegant and clean decor and look, it barely has any closet room for your clothes. It really has the smallest closet space i've ever seen, which includes 2 small closet door for hanging items, 1 big drawer (which isn't too big) and 1 very small one. That's about it, and if there's 2 of you, and you need both warm and short clothing and of course underwears, and you're there for more than a weekend - you'll probably encounter a problem in which you start lying clothes all over the room. As for us, we came after a trip of 2 weeks in Orlando and Vegas, we had lots of clothes but tried to fold out just one suitcase. and there wasn't enough space. Too bad , I think there's enough space to add more closet space there (yes, maybe it'll have to be instead of the whole clean-style, but if a guest spreads all his clothes all over the place, the room kinda loses the look anyway...).
It's not a huge con but it could be fixed in my opinion.

2. Noise and lightings - as for the noise - well, it's NYC so you can't ask for much, but we did hear the city all night long and the other guests's doors closing really hard again and again. Wasn't really bad but worth mentioning. As for lighting - We felt we could use a little more light at night for checking things in the suitcase/closest but that's really minimal. The bigger problem was that the window shades were cut a little smaller than the window sizes, so a lot of light came through those "holes". With 4 windows, it's quite a lot. Again, something really small that could be fixed easily.

3. Lack of wireless internet in rooms. Would be great if the hotel added one or at least a business center where you could use a computer for your needs. It's basic these days.

4. Lack of hot water. Maybe it's because the building is so old, but it took ages (5-10 minutes, maybe) for the hot water to arrive. Waste of time, money and ofc, water...
That's all the cons i have and they're really minimal, I just thought it was worth mentioning so the hotel could perhaps fix it.

Besides that, the hotel is brilliant and on my next visit we'll sure come back again! It is a "hidden gem" in NYC.
Lastly, i'd like to thank members of the staff I remember, which made an impact on our trip and will forever be remembered - Jessica from the check-in counter, Chase the amazing concierge, Eddie that helped with the luggage and I forgot the names of a few more.
Thank you, it'll be a trip to remember!

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want. The staff is brillian.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2011

I stayed 1 night in the hotel but I felt very happy with their services and staffs. Rooms are very clean and large, full furniture and support drink. Their staffs are friendly and helpful, they give us more information about NY and American

I will come back to stay there in the summer with our children. Thanks so much

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2011

My first trip to New York was very pleasurable much due to the wonderful Bryant Park Hotel and its employees. The staff was helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean, spacious, and comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel to others and would return to it if I were to stay in NY again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mmickusatc
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2011
Thank you for your kind words, I hope to welcome you back soon! Darren