“Great pre-theater dining”
Review of Boulud Sud

Boulud Sud
Reserve with OpenTable
Boulud Sud is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #360 of 14,524 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: on 64th street between Broadway & Central Park West
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Boulud Sud does an excellent job of serving pre-theater dinners without making you feel rushed. Menu choices are varied, presentation is lovely, and the food itself is beyond delicious! Highly recommend the potato-leek soup as a first course, and the grapefruit givre dessert. The only downside is that the restaurant is noisy, but that seems to be the preferred atmosphere in many places!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I was greeted warmly and seated quickly, with no mention of the fact that the 2nd person in my 2 party reservation was not able to join me. I was seated at a lovely window table overlooking 64th St., which pleased me since, as a single diner, I anticipated getting a less desirable table. The view across the room was of the open kitchen, and I heard a few "Yes, Chef!" responses to direction from head chefs. Service was efficient and pleasant. I enjoyed a fixed price restaurant week meal which included appetizer, entree and dessert for $25--a real bargain. My fatuoush salad was scrumptious, with hummus hiding underneath the tender shoots of lettuce, radish and other tender veggies. My entree of pasta puttanesca arrived with a dollop of what tasted like fresh ricotta, and I'd asked that the anchovy be withheld and it was . Tiny peeled tomatoes 'garnished' the plate. It was a deliciously simple dish, filled with capers and an occasional olive. Dessert was the BEST! A rectangular slice of Meyer lemon and pistachio cake with a small scoop of ice cream on the side. The cake was perfect, a combination of tart and sweet and moist and chewy (from the candied pistachios on top). The cake came 'topped' with a thin chocolate wafer across the top of the cake. I wasn't sure what it was or what to do with it, so I picked it up and tasted it…and realized what it was. Coffee was hot and strong. Wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

It was a restaurant week lunch experience, so I was pleasantly surprised to find service was polite and friendly even though the restaurant was packed. The menu choices were quite varied. I made low carb choices of appetizer and entre; I was pleased I decided to indulge in the "organge crème caramel" for dessert - it was the best crème caramel I've ever had. I will certainly be returning to Boulud Sud.

1  Thank Susan D
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Good looking restaurant in a great location. A little noisy at times. Nice but poor service: more than 5 minutes wait before a waiter showed up (with a torn menu); the water with the drink was forgotten (despite being reminded!). The food was good but not outstanding, decent bistro food!
Kind of expensive for the price paid.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Lovely restaurant across from Lincoln Center. Executive Chef Travis Swikard put together a menu that brought us back three times during our trip to NYC.

1  Thank CasaColonno