“Superb!”
Review of Boulud Sud

Boulud Sud
Reserve with OpenTable
Boulud Sud is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #173 of 13,754 Restaurants in New York City
Cross street: on 64th street between Broadway & Central Park West
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Superb!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

We celebrated our anniversary, and looked for a great restaurant that will combine great tastes, nice atmosphere, good location and a good service. What a win!
The dishes were soooo good, starters to deserts. And the wine was percect!
Excellent service. Our waiter's recommendation were just great! The atmosphere was very good, vibrant yet intimate enough.
It's not a cheap one, to say the least, but it worth every cent.

Visited September 2013

• Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“What a find!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

One thing that stands out when you walk in is the atmosphere, its really buzzy, vibrant in fact. We arrived for dinner and decided to have a cocktail first, the mixologist was amazing, she really knew her stuff, we chatted as she made the most amazing drinks.
So to the table, by the window, superb service from both the Maitre d and our waiter. They had exceptional knowledge of their food and wines, this not only gives you a feeling that they care about what they do but also the comfort that if they recommend something to you there is a great chance you'll love it. They did and guess what, I did! The suckling pig was just superb! The wine choices were a perfect match.
The décor and table lay out has had much thought put into it, you don't feel too crowded and yet it still feels cosy. This restaurant has a real beating heart to it! We finished up with some incredible deserts, again clever use of ingredients and flavour matching with serious artistry going into presentation.
Will I go back-I'll make a point of it-loved it!

florida
“A cockroach on the drape and a condescending manager …need I say more?”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had high expectations for this restaurant, especially since we had recently dined at BD Bistro Moderne and loved it, and also received a coupon for a complimentary drink at Bouloud Sud. But when the waiter questioned the coupon, and called in his manager to ask us about it, it made me feel uncomfortable as though I was trying to trick or cheat them somehow. So it didn’t begin well! Then I saw a huge cockroach running up the drape. Other diners saw it too and caught my eye and we all grimaced. The whole experience was less than pleasant to say the least .. would never go back!

1 Thank FLStarfish
cjsmithnj
“Excellent first visit, will return.”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stopped for something light in the early evening, perfect choice. Delicious red shrimp with garlic, oysters (that weren't on the menu but the bartender procured anyway) were fantastic, octopus was amazing and cooked perfectly. Wine selections were perfect and service was excellent. Atmosphere was sophisticated, service was excellent and friendly. I will return here for a full meal for sure.

Amman, Jordan
“Outstanding Food!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I went to Boulud Sud for dinner during the New York restaurant week and the whole experience was perfect! The menu was great and the portions were just right. It was one of the best meals I've ever had in a restaurant. I had cured salmon, grilled sword fish and chocolate Panna cotta and they were all extremely yummy! The atmosphere is warm and elegant. The service is excellent and the staff were very professional. I would definitely go back to try more food.