“Not clean food. Finish the day with Diarrhea.”
Review of Olympic Pita - CLOSED

Olympic Pita
Cuisines: Greek
Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Prices are very high. Almost $ 20 for order shawarma It's too expensive. In Israel shawarma cost no more than $ 10 maximum. If the price of the food was correlated with the level of cleanliness than I was was saying that the price is good.

After I finished to eat, couple of minutes after my Stomach started to pain. I finished the day with Diarrhea. My wife also got Diarrhea a day after.

It is absolutely because of the food and the evidence is that we did not eat anything rather than At Olympic Pita.

In last . We paid 70 $ for 3 shawarma inside Laffa. And more 10 $ for 2/3 drinks. It is too much.

I will not return to eat at Olympic Pita because the food is not clean. And because of the prices are too high.

Even if i will tell to somebody in Israel that i paid 20 $ for each shawarma in laffa then everyone will joke over me.

I suggest to the owners of the place to start check the Cleanliness of the food.

We came special to Olympic Pita for eating Kosher Food. We are from Israel. This is the last time we eat here.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Been here several times. The food is good. They make their own laffa and it is great. Shawarma is rather pricey, but it is huge. Great food in midtowd. Go ahead and eat there if you are in the area. Recommendation: Go and enjoy.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a middle eastern restaurant with an Iraqi twist. The food was OK and the portions ample, which they should be for the price. The service was slow but could be excused because the waitress was training a newbie. When one person in our party asked for a drop of hummus on the side for her shwarma, she was told no. I asked why this was and they said one exception leads to many others. Since you could have it slathered all over the pita at no extra charge, I could not see why this was such an outrageous exception. My hummus was very salty with no acidity to balance. She said it was Iraqi style. On the other hand the iraqi chicken was excellent according those who had it and the shwarma was juicy.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Went here by myself one night, just as the first snowfall of the vacation began. The restaurant's set up in a slightly confusing manner, with a decent sized restaurant portion in the back with tables and waiters and a counter just past the entrance where food was prepared for both walk-in customers and those at the tables. The somewhat distracted hostess apparently assumed from the start (correctly, though I'd prefer no more assumptions) that I was just there for a quick bite, and handed me a menu.

I clumsily stumbled my way through the ordering process until I eventually got myself some shawarma and a can of Coke. While the service was lousy, the food made up for it and I was completely satisfied with the meal.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I visited Olympic Pita based on a couple of bloggers who suggested it. I will not return.

Although the restaurant was not full (or even close to it) during our visit, we did not get any service for at least 5 minutes. Then it took another 5 minutes for the drinks to arrive (which was just pop and water). We also sat with empty glasses for at least 10 minutes before we flagged someone down for refills (which were not free, but I'll speak to that in a minute). It didn't improve when it came time to pay.

Now, we ordered soda to drink. We assumed since we saw cans that there would not be free refills. However, our soda was poured from the bar and came in glasses with ice so maybe held 4 to 6 ounces of soda. For $2.50. We each had a refill so $10 for maybe one can's worth of soda. A total rip-off.

Food: Tabule mezze - tasty but did not come with bread. Falafel plate - small falafels that were overcooked and dry with a small amount of tahina sauce. Laffa - highlight of the meal. Delish! Iraqi chicken dinner - chicken was tasty, but couscous and french fries were bland.

All of that = $50. I felt ripped off when I left, and I will not return.