“Must try it!”

Ranked #65 of 475 Dessert in New York City
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Mix and match with advice from the pros. Tastes are ridiculously good. How would imagine the combinations that go together.

1  Thank Lloyd W

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My boys and I fell in love with Amorino in Paris last year. We were so excited to find an Amorino in NYC on our trip there in July. I think there were even more flavors from which to choose in the NYC shop than the one we visited in Paris, and it was fun to see the names in Italian here instead of in French. Beyond those slight differences, the gelato was just as delicious as we remembered. The staff was so helpful, and they were incredibly patient with us while we made our selections. I love how we can choose many different flavors and then they sculpt them into beautifully delicious flowers. We are headed back ti the city later this month, and you can bet that Amorino will be one of our first stops.

1  Thank ShellPR
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

The lines say
It all! Gelato at its finest. Fresh ingredients compliment the refined atmosphere as the servers painstakingly make tulip shaped cones or cups with one or multiple flavors. Want a taste of a new flavor? No problem. My favorites are coffee and salted pistachio but I can always go for the mango and vanilla or the... Don't get me started--- Amorino is addictive!

1  Thank patricesamara
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is a must try for anyone who has never had gelato (or anyone who has!) The workers are very nice, friendly, and willing to answer your questions. Since it is real Italian gelato with imported ingredients, it is a it pricey ($5 for a small cup or cone) but they do fill it as much as they can. You can get as many flavors as you want in your single serving, so I chose Coffee, Amaretto, and Vanilla Bean. The Coffee was amazing but very strong and kind of bitter (like black coffee!) but still delicious. The Amaretto was yummy but don't get a lot of it (it's really sweet). And the VANILLA! Oh, it was so fresh and yummy. Nice seating and wonderful gelato.

PS-You can sample six flavors before buying and they have waffles and crepes too!

1  Thank Audry K
Reviewed July 19, 2013

It was 100 degrees outside, so a normal dinner was not appealing. Amorino looked cute, so we went in. They had more flavors than you can imagine. The staff was friendly and patient and helpful. All the taste tests you want. I had cherry and my daughter had what she described as nutella ice cream. I think the real names were in Italian. My daughter also had a granita, it was strongly flavored and nicely tart. I had the best earl grey tea I ever had. It was Harney and sons.