“Best gelato outside of Italy”
Review of Amorino

Amorino
Ranked #81 of 438 Dessert in New York City
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
New York City, New York
“Best gelato outside of Italy”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

The lines say
It all! Gelato at its finest. Fresh ingredients compliment the refined atmosphere as the servers painstakingly make tulip shaped cones or cups with one or multiple flavors. Want a taste of a new flavor? No problem. My favorites are coffee and salted pistachio but I can always go for the mango and vanilla or the... Don't get me started--- Amorino is addictive!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank patricesamara

Palacios, Texas
“Absolutely Delicious”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is a must try for anyone who has never had gelato (or anyone who has!) The workers are very nice, friendly, and willing to answer your questions. Since it is real Italian gelato with imported ingredients, it is a it pricey ($5 for a small cup or cone) but they do fill it as much as they can. You can get as many flavors as you want in your single serving, so I chose Coffee, Amaretto, and Vanilla Bean. The Coffee was amazing but very strong and kind of bitter (like black coffee!) but still delicious. The Amaretto was yummy but don't get a lot of it (it's really sweet). And the VANILLA! Oh, it was so fresh and yummy. Nice seating and wonderful gelato.

PS-You can sample six flavors before buying and they have waffles and crepes too!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Audry K
Somerset, New Jersey
“Gelato WoW”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

It was 100 degrees outside, so a normal dinner was not appealing. Amorino looked cute, so we went in. They had more flavors than you can imagine. The staff was friendly and patient and helpful. All the taste tests you want. I had cherry and my daughter had what she described as nutella ice cream. I think the real names were in Italian. My daughter also had a granita, it was strongly flavored and nicely tart. I had the best earl grey tea I ever had. It was Harney and sons.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amorino...Outstanding!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Being of Italian decent and having travelled throughout Italy, I feel I am somewhat of a gelato snob. When searching for a good gelato in New York I thought I'd use my trip advisor to get me to a great gelateria in New York. I was in the area so I thought I would take a shot at Amorino on E 10th Street and what a choice I made! I could tell right from the start that it was going to be an excellent experience from the fact that the people serving me were straight from Italia. After some polite conversation in Italian with the server, she was from Vicenza in the Venice area, I decided on my favourite flavour of all to put Amorino's gelato to the test. The nocciola (hazelnut) gelato was pretty much the best that I had ever had and that includes anywhere in Italy. Such a rich flavour with absolutely perfect texture. They even designed my cone to look like a rose! I will definitely take the long walk from Midtown to enjoy it again and I think all who come to New York should do the same. Grande gelato...grandissimo!! Bravo!

New York City, New York
“An absolute delight, gourmet gelato at its best”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

What a find.

Great decor, amazing gelato's and great value (especially I'd you opt for the all you can eat option!).

If you're in the west village you have to try this place.