“Amorino...Outstanding!”

Ranked #86 of 453 Dessert in New York City
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Being of Italian decent and having travelled throughout Italy, I feel I am somewhat of a gelato snob. When searching for a good gelato in New York I thought I'd use my trip advisor to get me to a great gelateria in New York. I was in the area so I thought I would take a shot at Amorino on E 10th Street and what a choice I made! I could tell right from the start that it was going to be an excellent experience from the fact that the people serving me were straight from Italia. After some polite conversation in Italian with the server, she was from Vicenza in the Venice area, I decided on my favourite flavour of all to put Amorino's gelato to the test. The nocciola (hazelnut) gelato was pretty much the best that I had ever had and that includes anywhere in Italy. Such a rich flavour with absolutely perfect texture. They even designed my cone to look like a rose! I will definitely take the long walk from Midtown to enjoy it again and I think all who come to New York should do the same. Grande gelato...grandissimo!! Bravo!

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

What a find.

Great decor, amazing gelato's and great value (especially I'd you opt for the all you can eat option!).

If you're in the west village you have to try this place.

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

The best italian gellato near nyu.
A great refreshing pit stop.
Take any cone. Add coffee.
You'll be refreshed and happy.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Very cool ice cream place in the village. You feel you are in Europe with the atmosphere. I love the place and the different types of Gelato. very clean and organized.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

On a recent tour of France, the tour guide insisted we try ice cream at Amorino -- they have 55 stores in France -- saying it would be the best ice cream we ever tasted, She was right. I told her I had been to many ice cream shops in New York but never had ice cream as good as this.
So imagine my delight when several days after returning home I saw a local article that said there is an Amorino right in Manhattan! Find any excuse to go to University Place and try it for yourself. Yes, it isn't cheap. But isn't it worth paying more for a treat that you will remember as the best food you've ever had in that category?