“Best greek food I've had on the East Coast!”
Review of Uncle Gussy's

Uncle Gussy's
Ranked #2,370 of 14,524 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Greek
Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Found this place online and had to go because of how much I LOVE Greek food!

The guys working in the truck were very friendly and made sure our order was right! Prices weren't terribly expensive not not cheap either.

Between us we had almost one of everything (sandwich, plate, and salad) all were very good and tasted almost like what you would get in Greece! My boyfriend who doesn't usually like Greek food even liked this place!

If I ever find myself in NYC again I will go back! I could eat lunch here everyday if it was closer to where I live in Boston ha!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We love greek food and this food truck did not disappoint. The salad, the sandwhiches and the lunch plate were fabulous. There is even a small courtyard where you can sit in the shade and relax with your meal. And these guys are sooo friendly in a city where sometimes that trait is hard to find. Loved it!!!

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Forget this food is coming from a truck. The quality of Gussy's food rivals any restaurants nearby. Everything they serve is amazing. Quality is top notch. Great price. Quantity and quality.
Gussy is easy to spot. There is always a long line waiting. That's the best sign of all. People wait in a line for Gussy's great food.
I eat here 3 times a week. Never gets old. Trust me- stop at Gussy's and try the food. It is the best in midtown.
Btw- Gussy just won an award for Best Food on the Street!!

Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

I've been going to Uncle Gussys as long as I can remember. They started out in a cart with barely enough room for Nicky and Frankie to fit and now they moved into a truck, but the one thing that stayed the same is their quality food large portions and incredible value. From gyros and salads to their home cooked meals (thanks mom) and their aunts desserts this is a must if you're into street fare.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

It is impossible to find somewhere in a 10 block radius with the same value for your money that you find at uncle gussy's. For $6 at lunch you get a large platter with a small salad with tomato, a large portion of rice and your choice of grilled chicken, gyro, pork souvlaki or a combo of gyro and chicken. This is then topped off with homemade tzatziki and if you want some hot sauce, beans or onions and peppers. Expect quite a line, though in warm weather they will occasionally give out free samples of homemade frozen greek yoghurt. Salads are great too.