“Great NYC boutique hotel”
Review of Hotel Chandler

Hotel Chandler
Ranked #127 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 2, 2014

If you enjoy smaller, boutique hotels you will love this hotel. Located at 31st and Madison you are close to everything. Walk to Broadway, near to subways or just take a cab. Rooms are nicely equipped and comfortable. Lobby has great meeting areas and bar. Charlie, the conceirge is a gem

2  Thank Gerald V
ChandlerMgr, General Manager at Hotel Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Gerald V:

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We are very lucky to have Charlie our Chief Concierge as he is a true expert on NYC.
I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back,

There are newer reviews for Hotel Chandler

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I booked my stay through SLH (Small Luxury Hotels), which only chooses great properties as members. Once again SLH has chosen an excellent Property. Staff is quick and appreciative. Rooms are great, clean and well appointed. Nice views. Close to Subway and easy to get anywhere in Manhattan. LOVE MY NEW HOTEL IN NYC!

1  Thank Logan R

Dear Logan R:

We are so happy that you found us through SLH! It is so nice to hear that we will be your home away from home while travelling to NYC. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

On the one hand, if I give this hotel an honest review? I'm terrified that it will skyrocket out of my price range. But on the other hand? Not singing Hotel Chandler's praises would be a crime.

I arrived, as a result of flight changes, at the hotel at 7am. I was surprised to know I would be allowed to check in and shocked that a room was made available for me.

The next evening, I lost my ID. The concierge spent considerable time making calls to make sure I could board my flight.

But after I was gone, the housekeeper found my ID and the manager immediately called me. The next day, he mailed my ID to me.

I can't say enough about the service at this hotel. I certainly hope it stays a hidden value!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank JeffDDean
ChandlerMgr, General Manager at Hotel Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear JeffDDean:

Thank you for your funny review! Please make sure to sign up for our news letter and emails on our website as we do run promotions from time to time which make your stay more affordable. Being that January is statistically our slowest month the rates do tend to be lower.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Stayed here twice now and both times have been excellent. From arrival to departure nothing is too much trouble, everything is as expected and the hotel is a haven of peace and quite in hectic NYC.

Every single member of staff makes you feel welcome and at home while providing a fantastic level of customer service.

The location is perfect, with the Empire State building literally around the corner and within walking distance of many main NYC attractions. There are a number of decent places to eat very close to the Hotel Chandler and the in house restaurant looks delightful (although we never tried it).

The rooms are clean and comfortable and my only small gripe is the lighting could be better in the room. Apart from that everything is absolutely perfect and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Dave W
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Very nice hotel, will return for sure. Staff is super friendly and very helpful with everything. Would like if they included breakfast in the price. Complimentary coffee and tea was much appreciated..

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Belluan:

Thank you so much for your recent review! We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have a breakfast package available on our website if that is more convenient for you.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Aside from the loud jackhammering outside my window , the HC is a great value....very comfortable bed, big bathroom, and the best little hotel bar in town. The food was average but the bartender was a craft cocktail master. An international, ecclectic crowd at the bar.

Room Tip: get a room away from 31st street if you want to sleep past 6
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Stayed for one night for an event we attended. The staff was very helpful and welcoming especially door staff and bellman. We used the dining room for breakfast only and it was very nicely done. The food was very good and staff very eager and accommodating! The room although small was very comfortable, but could have used better lighting. I would definitely stay again.

1  Thank PeterMmetroNY

Dear PeterMmertoNY:

Thank you for your recent review! We appreciate your feedback regarding the lighting and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast at Juni.