“Great location, very attentive staff”
Review of Hotel Chandler

Hotel Chandler
Ranked #123 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Milnthorpe, United Kingdom
“Great location, very attentive staff”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed here on business just before St. Patrick's Day. The room is very well appointed and the staff are absolute stars for their friendliness and attention to detail. The only disappointment for me was the in-room dining menu - totally uninspired. Now of course New York is FULL of wonderful places to eat, but that first night in, after an overseas flight, I just wanted to eat in.

Room Tip: Turn down the heating the minute you get into the room - they are WARM!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ChandlerManager, General Manager at Hotel Chandler, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear LauraBG:

Thank you so much for your review! I wanted to advise you this spring we are opening our new restaurant Juni which will also offer a full room service menu showcasing many of the items on the restaurant menu. Unfortunately while we build our new kitchen we are limited in the items we can offer on the room service menu. We look forward to welcoming you back and hope you will be pleased with the new room service menu!

Kate Martin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed there for 2 nights. Location is very convenient (though not exciting). Rooms are small but very well kept with beautiful frette robes and other nice treats. Staff is extremely courteous and accommodating. I would go back

• Stayed March 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Love this hotel! Rooms are a little small but they pack a lot of comfort into them. Super comfortable bed, Molton Brown amenities, clean bathroom and friendly staff. Great location too. I will definitely be back

2 Thank Kriskaz
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The property is very nice but the staff will make you love this hotel. Every staff person I encountered was friendly and helpful. Thanks to my SLH membership, my room was upgraded and a nice bottle of wine delivered shortly after check in.

My room was on the 7th floor and was quiet. For NYC standards, I thought the rooms were quite generously sized. I was in a King Suite and my colleague was in a Queen Deluxe. The decor is warm contemporary. Radiators control the room temp and I was able to turn down the temp to a comfortable sleeping temperature.

The gym is housed in a former hotel room on the 2nd floor. There is a treadmill and an elliptical in addition to some free weights and a couple of machines. At the time of my stay, the water cooler was not in the gym (reportedly to be moved soon), but the staff kindly refilled my bottle from the front desk.

Room Tip: Higher floors are likely better; upgrade if it's offered.
Dear DawnR17,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your patience while we finish putting the last touches on our fitness center. We decided to move the fitness center to allow more privacy for our guests as the feedback we received is that they did not like accessing it by going through the lobby. You will be happy to know that water is now available, however it is not quite complete yet as we are expecting new flooring and new mirrored walls with hidden TV’s!

We look forward to your feedback on your next stay,

Guam
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Though I stayed at the Hotel Chandler only one night, I was impressed already with it. Upon entering the lobby, you get a nice "old club" atmosphere - warm and serene. Really friendly staff. Though the room was small, the space was well planned. The bathroom was a nice size, and the toiletry was from Molton Brown! There was free hot water for tea and hot coffee in the lobby. A computer and printer in the lobby was available for guests to use. Wifi was good. Around the block was a 24hr CVS, and further down on 32nd was "Korean Way" -- yum! Close to Penn Station (which was what attracted me to this hotel in the first place)

I will definitely recommend this to my friends and will stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was the 2nd time I stayed at this hotel. I researched the prices of this hotel and found that booking with them direct was cheaper than Hotels.com and other travel sites. The rooms are always very clean and very quaint. The hotel staff will clean your room whenever you ask them, like if you sleep in or something. The view out my hotel window wasn't a view at all, just brick walls...however if you are like me and like to stay out in the city late night, you won't know what time it is due to the view! The only issue I had was with reservations, the lady I spoke with couldn't find my confirmation, and asked me to rebook. When I did so, she found my 1st reservation. It was a bit annoying but easily fixed. I highly recommend this hotel for its charm, ease and staff.

Room Tip: If you like to party in the city and stay out late, get a room that faces inward so that you don'...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
ChandlerManager, General Manager at Hotel Chandler, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear George S:

My sincerest apologies for the confusion with your reservation I understand that reservations made an error which warranted a call back by you unnecessarily. I am happy that you however did enjoy your stay with us and that we were able to make up for the confusion.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The Hotel Chandler remains our lodging of choice in the Big Apple. Three block from the Empire State Building, it's location is perfect for Theater, Central Park and a trip downtown. Our room was well-appointed and the facility immaculate. Mostly, however, what makes the Hotel Chandler the place to stay is the staff. From the bellmen, to the desk clerks, the manager and bartender, smiles, kindness and hospitality are ever present. "What can we do for you" are their constant refrain.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bretjina
Dear Bretjina:

Thank you so much for your review! I am so happy to hear that our staff have gone above and beyond to make you feel welcomed.

We look forward to welcoming you back again,