The GEM Hotel Chelsea(New York City)(Great Value!)
$199
$259
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $313/night.

Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$183
$132
  • Fitness center
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $180/night.

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$352
$151
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $197/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$196
$179
  • Room Service
$221
$189
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$233
$191
  • Pool
$289
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$228
$185
  • Bar/Lounge
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$264
$229
7,416 results
All reviewscolumbus circlelibrary barsky terracecentral parkrooms are smalllincoln centertrendy hotelsubway stationtimes squarewarnermanhattanavenuebroadway
Reviewed April 27, 2016

Location, location, location..... The Hudson has a GREAT location in Manhattan, a couple of blocks away from Columbus Circle, Central Park, and the 1 and 2 subway lines.

The young lady, Jade, that checked us in was GREAT!!! Told us all about the various bars on site, gave us a couple of free drinks, and did explain the mandatory $19.95 "facility fee".

CONS:
- The Standard room is indeed VERY small, and NOT appropriate for families or any luggage larger than a backpack. I am 6'4" and I could not sit on the toilet without my knees hitting the wall ahead of me. There is approximately 24" between the end of the bed and the wall and with the TV mounted there, it makes for an awkward sidestep to get past.
- The 6 elevators seemed to run slow.
- Although I did see a sign prohibiting smoking within the entrance, the second your foot hits the down escalator, you are blasted by the exhaust stench from the smokers at the entrance.
- The service at the upscale Hudson Bar was terrible. Our group of 4 were promptly seated on a Sunday night, and after getting our drinks the hostess asked us politely if we could move to accommodate a party of 8. She politely thanked us but after we moved, we NEVER saw our server again. We had to track her down for our tab and then we actually received it from another server. In my opinion, if your group is asked to move for another larger group, the hostess should have comped us another drink and the server should not have ignored us.

PROS:
- Location is great.
- Bed was very comfortable.
- The Library Bar was very cool and laid back. It has a central pool table that actually doesn't interfere with any nearby conversations. The Hudson Common "beer hall" was equally cool and casual.
- The gym in the sub-basement had a number of cardio and weight options for a nice workout if the weather prohibits you from going to Central Park.
- Front desk staff was friendly.
- Umbrellas are available for free check-out if it's raining.
- Breakfast was delicious but on the pricey side.

While we don't spend a lot of time in our room on vacations, the size of the bathroom and room itself was a turnoff as was our service at the Hudson Bar. I can't complain about the outside noise as it was expected from being in NYC.

The look and feel of the hotel was welcoming and as mentioned previously, Jade, the young woman that checked us in was fantastic. Full of humor and personality.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled with friends
FrontOfficeMgmt, Manager at Hudson Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2016

Dear IA_Hawks,
Thank you for sending us your survey.
We are grateful for your comments and please know that we will utilize them to rectify issues where needed... Jade is indeed an asset to our customer service operation, thank you for noticing.
We do very much appreciate the fact that you chose Hudson for this stay... our efforts are not only to give a you great experience, but also make the Hudson your choice.

Reviewed April 27, 2016

The reception area is funky when you enter, and I was warmly welcomed by staff as I arrived.
The rooms are certainly small, but not uncomfortably so. The old adage that 'when in New York, you don't stay in your room' rings true. My room was fitted well and my bed was comfy :)
The bar is also bustling, and the evening food was good. Breakfast was a simple buffet but it was missing something - garlic potatoes but no bacon/tomatoes, donuts but no croissants... Probably just my british and european tastes. None of it was bad.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank James C

Dear James C,
Thank you for sending us a comment.
We are grateful that our beds are comfortable for you and our reception staff welcoming.
We are also grateful for the fact that you have chosen Hudson for this visit... your feedback will be utilized to improve in any areas needed and our efforts are not only to give a great experience (in the future), but also make Hudson always your choice when coming to NY Until then... thank you again and all the best!

Reviewed April 27, 2016 via mobile

The toilets have no door. And there is a glasswall from The shower to The bedroom.. The elevators are a mess. They offer $15 a Day in The bar wich is Nice.

Very Nice staff. But they charged me $140 without reason and i havent gotten it back yet.

Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
FrontOfficeMgmt, Manager at Hudson Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2016

Dear Marcus B,
Thank you for sending us your survey.
We apologize for not meeting all of your expectations.
Yet do very much appreciate the fact that you chose Hudson for this stay... glad you liked our staff (our biggest asset) and do let us know if any billing has been done erroneously.
Our efforts are not only to give a you great experience, but also make the Hudson your choice when in NYC.

Reviewed April 27, 2016

The hotel staff is well trained and very helpful. The hotel is modern and the location is amazing. Close to the subway and Central Park. Several cafes, bars, restaurants and markets nearby. The room is really small and because of that I believe the rates are somewhat high. There are other good hotels nearby that offer a bigger room. If you are traveling with few suitcases and it's a short trip the room is ok, but otherwise it does feel really small.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Morgans Hotel Group

Dear Camila G,
Thank you for sending us a review.
We are glad that you chose to stay at Hudson and found our location to be amazing and our staff well trained and very helpful! They are indeed our biggest asset! Thank you!!!
We are already looking forward to welcome you back (soon?)
Until then, please do accept our very best regards, safe travels and thank you again,

Reviewed April 26, 2016

What I liked the most about this hotel was the location, close to the Central Park.
The reception is beautiful, love the decor and vibe. Customer service not the best..The staff is a bit stuck up. They also have serious problems with how they present your bill at the checkout. They said we had a $15 a day hotel credit but I did not see it discounted at check out. I asked the front desk and they just said "it was there, and that is how they do it" but I could not see it.. Had no time to argue early in the morning I was late for my flight so I had to let go. I stayed for four days and I think I would be able to see a $60 hotel credit deducted from my hotel charges.
They aso have an extra $20 a day MANDATORY FEE for internet and the gym, you can not opt-out. If you are not by yourself get the biguer rooms because the standard one is really small. It is nice but with 2 people in that tiny tiny bathroom... I would not recomend it .Maybe if you are in your Honeymoon? The rooms are very clean and have evething you need except for a coffee machine. The bar area is great and they also have a game room, verry nice, the drinks not so much. My favorite room was the breakfast room, beautiful and relaxing, could stay there in front of the great fireplace for a long time and they also had good customer service in that area.

Room Tip: Get the suite if you need some space.
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled with friends

Dear Kaety F,
Thank you for sending us your survey.
We are grateful for your comments and please know that we will utilize them to rectify issues where needed... any food and beverage credit is automatically deducted from your corresponding check - my apologies if we failed on explaining any mandatory fees or taxes, we strive to make it clear on all websites and on your reservation confirmation.
Yet do very much appreciate the fact that you chose Hudson for this stay... glad you liked the location, decor, beauty and vibe of our public areas.
Our efforts are not only to give a you great experience, but also make the Hudson your choice (and could also suggest a larger Deluxe room, if you are looking for more space)