7,691 results
All reviews columbus circle library bar sky terrace central park rooms are small lincoln center trendy hotel subway station times square manhattan avenue broadway
Reviewed March 5, 2015

Let me start by saying I got a crazy deal to go to NYC at the end of Feb, start of March. We did 5 nights and my package included the stay at the Hudson.
I had a quick look at the place online and it looked good and good location.
I also read about small rooms and that it can be expensive, so I already knew these things, I could have changed my hotel. I even posted on the forum about NY and some people said this was a known bad hotel. I still did not change it, so I understood the complaints and decided to stick with it.
On the weeks approaching our stay I saw a few negative reviews on here and was starting to get slightly worried. I had also tried to contact the Hotel through email and facebook with no reply, which I hate.

However we got there and the hotel is absolutely fine. Yes the room was small but I already knew that and it was my choice to stay knowing this, yes it was expensive for drinks etc, but again...I knew that. I had also seen tips to go high up, so i asked, they put me on the top floor, no problems at all.

The room was fine, the bed was very comfy. We stayed in there to sleep and shower, the room was exactly for that.

It was in a great location, we had such a wonderful time in New York and the hotel played its part, it was fine. Just remember to read the reviews so you know what to expect. Many people read the reviews and know what to expect but just like to complain anyway.

Would I stay here again? Personally I would not. My partner however would stay here all the time. She loved it.
I am a little bit more traditional when it comes to Hotels and would prefer the larger room etc, so next time we will look at that but if a deal which includes the Hudson pops up I will have no issue going back.

It is a VERY busy Hotel at the weekends, lack of signs and info stopped us enjoying the bars because the lines were huge and I did not know if residence got straight in etc so we went elsewhere for drinks.

We never ate at the hotel so cannot comment on the food. We had a few drinks and while they were expensive it was pretty much expected, the bar area was very nice.

So yes, I would stay again if the deal was right, my partner would live here.

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank timw48
Reviewed March 5, 2015

I was there with my daughter last February 2015.

The hotel has really nice common areas, I absolutely loved the snooker table room and I am sure the garden is to die for in the summer.

The only disappointing thing are the rooms! really, really tiny. In particular the bathroom. But I can live this that, as the hotel was well priced and the location was excellent. What I absolutely hated was the noise of the heating system, I woke me up every time it went off in the middle of the night. Additionally, there is not double glazing in the windows and NYC is a very noisy city. Overall, I did not enjoy my stay. Shame!!

Room tip: Stay away from rooms with windows on the 59th Street!! and go to the top floor - 23rd to be able to find some quietness
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2015

Location, (close to subway, 10 minutes walk to time square ,5 minutes walk to Central Park, big choices of restaurants & pubs near by.
Front desk agents were very friendly all of them from the check in to the check out day. Superior room was small for two people but it had everything it needed & very comfortable bed. Well priced.
Overall I enjoyed my stay & recommend it to anyone visiting NY.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2015 via mobile

The Hudson's decor is divine! They have so many places to relax and get work done or socialize. There's a library tucked away in the corner, a open garden(warmer days), and a large cafeteriaesque eating hole that hosts a ton of cool events. The rooms are a little small -- but so nicely decorated, that you won't notice that much. This place is not for family's! Look on the internet for price specials.. I like coming here even when I'm not spending the night -- one of my go-to spots! Terrific!

Date of stay: April 2014
Reviewed March 3, 2015

I was told this was a 4 star hotel and did not meet up to it's standards. When I checked in there was food left in the mini fridge. They did change our room but only to a room that had a bed so worn out I could feel the springs in my back. Then to top it off the heater made this loud clicking noise which kept me up all night.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
HudsonManagement, Manager at Hudson New York, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2015

Dear Jaimee R,

Thank you for your feedback. I would be happy to discuss your stay personally with you. I can be reached by phone at 212 554 6551 or via email at jonathan.knudsen@mhgc.com

Best,