“Wonderful Stay!”

Ranked #391 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Jaco, Costa Rica
“Wonderful Stay!”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed at the Hudson last June and had a wonderful time! I found the staff to be very kind, attentive and helpful. The rooms were very clean, comfortable bed and a cooler was great to keep refreshments in or yogurt for breakfast! As the rooms were not very large at all, it was enough space for 2 people as we spent most of our time out in the city not in the room! The restaurant and bar areas were beautiful, while we didn't try them out we wanted to and will be back to! Location is pretty good, we went to Shakespeare in Central Park and the Museum of Natural History and was easy to walk to, also Time Square is very close by and Rockefeller Center as well. All and all it was a wonderful stay and we hope to return again soon!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,260)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Check-in was wonderful - the lady at the desk was ever so polite and friendly

The rooms were quite tight but there was ample space for a large suitcase and they were very clean. Bathroom probably could have done with a bit of sprucing up aesthetically as it was just white and a bit clinical - considering the room which was well designed. It also took me awhile though to figure out how to put the lights off behind the bed! The 'string' you had to pull was in a very weird spot.... We ordered room service the one evening and the packaging was very stylish and different to a 'typical' and often 'stuffy' room service tray. It came in a brown paper bag, with funky packaging of 'boxed' water and an interesting combination of snacks.

But honestly, the location of this hotel and the vibe cannot be beaten! It's always busy and vibrant. The bars are and trendy and lots of fun! Easy access to transport, bars, central park.. brilliant!

I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I got to the hotel around 10:30am and I was able to check into my room right away. The front staffs were very helpful and friendly. The location is good and it is very close to the Columbus Circle. The lobby has free wifi. Overall, the room (Superior) was ok, the mattress was comfortable but the room size was a bit small. The bathroom only had a small shower.

The room could be better if it has a coffee machine. I am still surprised that it has no coffee machine in the room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My experiance at the Hudson was wonderful! Loved the hotel, agreed that the rooms are small but very cozy, modern, and clean. I love that the hotel rooms have hardwood floors, great lightening, very quiet rooms and loved even more the window in the shower that overlooks the entire room. Very cool concept. The lounges are pretty chic great place for drinks. However, there is no restaurant in the hotel, it does offer room service. Once you step out of the hotel there's so many places to eat. The location is wonderful, I absolutely loved the hotel and will definitely be staying here next time I'm in New York.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ebrada
GAGirl01
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Forget the rooms, the front desk staff was simply the worst. I have never been treated so rudely in all my travels...never. So even if the rooms were grand, I would never step foot in here again.

But, if you don't care how people treat you, then read on...
-Rooms are small, but fine. You are basicall renting a shower. The house cleaning team also did a great job in keeping things organized. Ask for an interior room so that you don't here the noise all night long.
-Bars were expensive, but it was great to be able to just take an elevator to your room when done...great convenience factor.

So if you want to experience the attitude of NYC with the small space, here's your chance.

Room Tip: Interior room is a must.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank GAGirl01

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2014

After reading some of the reviews I was not expecting too much. I think many on here need to understand this is not a business hotel and NYC is not a city where you should spend any time in your room. There is far too much going on to worry about that.

This is a definite no-no if you are a business traveller it simply is not right for your stay. We stayed for 5 nights, I would not stay for any longer given the size of the room, but who cares when you spend such little time in the room anyway. I am by no means a small person and found it had ample space for my short stay. As someone who has stayed in NYC on several occasions in many hotels I can recommend this as a trendy hotspot with some nice bars to relax in. I may not come back, purely because I always like to try new places, as a whole I would recommend this hotel for a couple or a single on a short break.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NickR0411
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My experience at the Hudson was awful.
Firstly, my room was as big as a shoebox. I know that in NY you have to lower your expectations, but I was even offered an upgrade during my stay- only it was to a slightly bigger shoebox.
(Might I add the upgrade was due to the headboard of the bed breaking during the night)
I had a friend, a native NY'er come to visit and he even said, "wow this room feels like a cabin in economy class on a cruise ship."

Housekeeping threw out 4 of my expensive make up brushes, to which I had to replace immediately for $200 at sephora, and after consulting with different people in reception and housekeeping managers on 3 separate occasions I kept being told, "well get back to you.."
It was as if every time I tried to chase it up there was absolutely no communication between any of the staff and very terrible customer service.
I was staying at the Hudson for 10 nights, so there is not even priority for long staying guests.
I have even tried to chase this up after my stay and no one is responding.

If you want a nice hotel this is not it.
It is a "trendy" lobby and bar area, and as soon as you go up in the elevator you are entering a budget hotel, at best.

Room Tip: no room is a good room. choose another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends