The disappointment of finding that I had been booked into the mid-town Club Quarters as opposed to the Rock Center location was as nothing to the shock of seeing the first room offered. This was tired, depressing (internal courtyard view from a single window), noisy (thundering cooling units echoing up the ought the building) and certainly not good value for money in my opinion.
The second room was certainly an improvement in terms of outlook and noise levels however the bathroom vent was caked with dust which hung menacingly over the basin. The tiles in the shower were mouldy and the basin itself was cracked. I reported all of this first thing in the morning when I went to check out only to find that despite assurances that I had been rebooked into the Rock Center location for the rest of my trip, no transfer had been made. The wonderful Racquel took everything in hand and had me back in the (second) room in no time and arranged for the bathroom to be deep cleaned whilst I was at work.
Despite flashes of good service I would not choose to return to this particular hotel although friends tell me that other locations are servicable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Quarters, Midtown provides contemporary, efficient accommodations in an inviting, club-like atmosphere with 170 rooms located in a historic landmark building right off Fifth Avenue. Minutes from major office buildings, Grand Central Station, Times Square, shopping, theater district and restaurant row on West 46th Street. Club Quarters provides:• Safe, restricted entry• Fast and easy self check-in and check-out• Fast, free high speed internet access throughout the hotel• Onsite restaurant • Multi-menu in-room dining options (through onsite restaurant and many local restaurants)• Refrigerator and microwave available• Unlimited complimentary chilled, purified bottled water • 4 meeting and event rooms available (maximum reception style 120 people)• Free use of computer/printer • Ergonomic workstations• State of the art guest rooms with premium bedding• Contemporary furnishings• Flat panel HD TVs• Complimentary coffee and tea• 24 hour guest service desk • Fitness room • Exercise equipment and yoga mats delivered to guest room upon request • Corporate Apartments available • Value rates• Government per diem rates 365 day a year with valid ID. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Club Quarters Hotel, Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Quarters Midtown Hotel New York City
- Hotel Quarters Midtown
- Club Quarters New York City
- Quarters Midtown Hotel
- Club Quarters Midtown New York
- Club Quarters Midtown Manhattan
- Club Quarters Midtown Times Square