I stayed here for three nights while on a short trip to New York by myself. I've been to New York many times before and have stayed in many different hotels, but given the price and the location of Club Quarters its difficult to see how you could do better, if you know what you are getting for your money.
The location is superb, on a quiet street in the heart of mid-town. All the main sites - Times Sq, Fifth Avenue, Rockefeller - are literally a few minutes walk away. There are plenty of eating places near by (a Pret A Manger a few doors down, for example). For book lovers there is a second-hand book shop directly across the street and a big Barnes and Noble around the corner The hotel is in a nice old building which has a lovely lounge where guests can relax during the day and take advantage of complementary drinks and snacks (as well as a decent breakfast of pastries and fruit juice in the morning) and have the use of PCs and printers.
I had a double room on the tenth floor. The room was small but not uncomfortably so for one person and it was spotlessly clean and felt very fresh. The bed was very comfortable, air conditioning was good and not too loud, and the bathroom was just the right size. Gilchrist and Soames toiletries were a nice touch. The room included a wardrobe and a desk for working, as well as a TV with all the main cable channels. I heard some noise from adjoining rooms but not enough to disturb me. My room over-looked the back of adjoining buildings so there was no street noise. A nice touch was the free chilled and filtered water on every floor.
The staff were friendly and welcoming and helped arrange as car to JFK for me. The front desk is manned 24 hours a day. A nice touch for security is that the lift only works with room keys.
I would happily stay here again if in New York. In fact, given the very good value of the room and the excellent location I would probably make this place my first choice and check it first before looking elsewhere. Recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Quarters, Midtown provides contemporary, efficient accommodations in an inviting, club-like atmosphere with 170 rooms located in a historic landmark building right off Fifth Avenue. Minutes from major office buildings, Grand Central Station, Times Square, shopping, theater district and restaurant row on West 46th Street. Club Quarters provides:• Safe, restricted entry• Fast and easy self check-in and check-out• Fast, free high speed internet access throughout the hotel• Onsite restaurant • Multi-menu in-room dining options (through onsite restaurant and many local restaurants)• Refrigerator and microwave available• Unlimited complimentary chilled, purified bottled water • 4 meeting and event rooms available (maximum reception style 120 people)• Free use of computer/printer • Ergonomic workstations• State of the art guest rooms with premium bedding• Contemporary furnishings• Flat panel HD TVs• Complimentary coffee and tea• 24 hour guest service desk • Fitness room • Exercise equipment and yoga mats delivered to guest room upon request • Corporate Apartments available • Value rates• Government per diem rates 365 day a year with valid ID. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Club Quarters Hotel, Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Quarters Midtown Hotel New York City
- Hotel Quarters Midtown
- Club Quarters New York City
- Quarters Midtown Hotel
- Club Quarters Midtown New York
- Club Quarters Midtown Manhattan
- Club Quarters Midtown Times Square