“Great location”

Club Quarters Hotel, Midtown
Ranked #196 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed here one night for business, and overall I don't have any complaints. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. I was on the PH floor. Nice TV, well equipped for business travel and very close to tons of restaurants and bars. Also very close to times square. The bed was comfortable and the heat seemed to work fine. Not much of a view but that is the case with a lot of hotels in this area. The coffee machine in the lobby is pretty nice, it makes good coffee, and they have some fruit/nutri-grain bars to grab on your way out the door. There was also a keurig in my room, with a microwave. I would return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,641)

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed for the first time at the Club Quarters Midtown. I have stayed at other Club Quarters in NYC. This one is similar in that it has very helpful and friendly, professional staff. The rooms are small, but all hotel rooms in New York are small. It is clean and you can be at ease about any issue for yourself or your property (sometimes an issue in some questionable NYC hotels). You are in an excellent location here--walkable distance to MOMA and other attractions, terrific Japanese and Korean restaurants close by. Rooms are quiet and the bed is comfortable. Best of all, as so often with Club Quarters, I got an absolutely terrific price for the weekend.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2013

During my 2012 NYC trip I stayed 8 nights in the Club Quarters Midtown and was very happy with its location. It offers:
- close access to sights and shops on the 5th and 6th Aves, and
- short distance to the metro and Rockefeller Center

All in all it is a typical NYC hotel with small, but renovated rooms, free of charge mineral water near its elevators, but still what makes this hotel special is its location.

To me, there is no downside of this hotel. You should be aware of the following two facts:
1. Try to pick a room, located in a higher floor - otherwise you may get a room in the 4th floor (as me) which does have a window (so you pay a price for a room with a window), but behind the curtain you have a 100% view at a air condition chiller, which ultimately is not what you aim for.
2. Hotel staff is attentive, but not proactive

Room Tip: Ask for a room at a higher floor as the other mostly look to the backyard and their air-condition sy...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is more a simple roof over one's head than a hotel. Rooms are tiny, dusty and not clean at all. The sheets had a funny smell, as if they hadn't been changed since the last guests. The bed was hard and uncomfortable, definitely not conducive to any form of rest or sleep. The view is either a busy noisy street or a busy noisy air-conditionning system. Pressure in shower was non existent and flow was minimal so quite challenging to actually get the soap off. Only good point is that location is central and staff are very friendly and helpful. It's not their fault if the facilities are sub-standard. All in all a bad and let's admit and expensive experience as well. I would not recommend a stay at this particular Club Quarter Midtown hotel.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel, do not book a room at this hotel.
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed there for a conference. Our room was very small but nicely appointed and clean, with a decent bed. We experienced no problems with the heating system. The staff were exceedingly helpful and courteous, and we loved the room off the lobby where coffee and (sometimes) snacks were available at all times. It was a nice place to meet people and chat; I believe the bar is open during the week. We especially appreciated that we could borrow an iPad, as my own tablet conked out. Didn't try the on-site dining, but there are plenty of decent restaurants on 45th and 46th. Loved the location. There's a bit of street noise, so if you're a light sleeper, I'd recommend ear plugs. Although we didn't use the fitness center in the basement, it appears to be well-equipped (treadmill, free weights, and the like).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I booked Club Quarters on priceline and immediately called the hotel to request two beds. The genteman on the line told me he would add it to my folio and that it would be taken care of for my arrival. The night before my arrival, I called again, to confirm my reservation and my request for two beds. Again, I was assured this was not a problem. I arrived 30 minutes before check-in time and was told that for a room with two beds I would have to pay a twenty dollar surcharge. The two times I called ahead, I was not told about this fee. I explained that I would not pay the fee and that it should have been made aware to me at the time of my two previous calls. Then I was told that they did not have any rooms with two beds anyway. Seriously? Both times when I spoke to someone on the phone, I was told it would not be a problem. But when I am not willing to pay the surcharge, there are suddenly no rooms. Their solution was to put me in a queen room and would bring a roll away bed up to the room. This was fine with me. However, at 2:30 in the morning when my brother and I returned to the room, there was no roll away bed. When I called the desk, I was told that my room could not have a roll away bed. After explaining what I had been through, they finally sent one up to the room. This was just completely ridiculous. To top it all off, I checked out Sunday morning, and it is now Tuesday, but the $180 hold they put on my credit card is still pending and has not been returned. When I called the hotel, I was told it would take 3-5 business days. What a joke.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brian H
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The rooms are very mall and poorly equipped. I had problems with the heating system for 2 consecutive days and an issue with the fire alarm that kept me from sleeping. My room did not even have a small fridge or a stand to put the luggage. The staff is nice and very helpful but obviously not enough to make your stay pleasant. Location is excellent though. Breakfast is overpriced given what is offered.