Club Quarters Hotel, Times Square -Midtown
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$239
$132
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$126
$116
  • Room Service
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
$104
$98
  • Pool
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$150
$135
GardenInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$320
$161
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$137
$110
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$125
$120
Park Central
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$249
$80
  • Breakfast included
$192
$144
1,700 results
All reviewsgreat locationtimes squarenew yorkfiltered waterrockefeller centerrooms are smallfree coffeelounge areabusiness hotelbed was comfortablegrand central stationstandard roombryant parkflat screen tvair conditionerfifth avenuefew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 7, 2011

By looking from the street you wouldn't tell it is a nice hotel. But it is!
The room is very NICE. We stayed at a Club Size Room and it was great.
The check-in is done electronically. Sweet!
Staff was very nice. They even let me use their phone to contact a shuttle company at 5am!
No one to help you with your luggage - which for me was perfect - but some people will find it weird.
Totally recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I stayed at the Club Quarters Midtown for 2 nights. The hotel is one of the typical narrow buildings sandwiched between two other buildings - what else would you expect in downtown NYC? The person at the desk was very courteous and offered us suggestions for dining etc. The rooms are tiny (again Downtown NY this is what you would get mostly). It was a confined space to say the least. The solitary window was small and above the air conditioner and was in a corner. So if you really want to see outside the room you would have to lean over the A/C and crane your neck (not the the view of the west 45th street is something you would want to be seeing for hours anyway). My only main gripe was that the bathroom door had no locks. It was a sliding door - to save space ofcourse but that doesn't mean it shouldn't have a lock. Other than that everything else was great. It was very quiet in the lobby as well as inside the room (though you can hear the garbage truck come after midnight and might bother you if you are light sleeper - but again, you would expect such things in a big city). But the location of the hotel was just fabulous. Near to Times Sqaure, walking distance to Radio City Music hall, close to 5th avenue etc. We happened to be there during brazil day and the avenue of americas was just wild with a huge crowd partying with road side shops etc. Lots of dining options nearby and quite a few deli shops next to the hotel for that morning coffee and breakfast. The hotel does give free coffee and more importantly free bottled water (which was a precious thing if sightseeing NYC on a warm day like we did during the 2011 Labor day). Overall, I would recommend this place for those who want a nice place close to Times Square (and all the activity) and just come to the room at night to get some rest before heading out again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2011

The location is fantastic - quite central between Times Square and 5th Avenue. The apartment was fairly spacious and the management was kind enough to shove in a extra bed at a short notice since I did forewarn them would be 2 of us sharing a room. Also, I think we good the room at a very good price due to a corporate rate.

On the negative side - the only complaint I have is the internet. It was free but pathetic.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 29, 2011

This was our second time at a Club Quarters (CG) in NYC. A few years ago we stayed at their Wall Stret location, this time in midtown.

Hotel price levels in NYC have risen sharply since our last visit in the spring of 2010, so we were happy to have found this good deal, at $259 per night. The location can hardly be beat; the hotel is near Grand Central, within two blocks of several subway lines, and a short stroll to Times Square. Our check-in and check-out were super efficient, while the wait for the two elevators was always long. Our room on the 12th floor was small, but more than sufficient for us; who spends a lot of time in a hotel room in NYC when there is so much going on? The bed was comfortable, a bit on the hard side. The bathroom was clean, but we thought the shower pressure was dismal; maybe it was because we were on the 12th of 13 floors. Wireless internet was slow and service sporadic; I wanted to follow a European soccer game online, but gave up after a while. A Starbucks and several delis are nearby, so we opted not to have breakfast at CQ. We checked out the breakfast buffet and felt it was not too "comprehensive". So overall we considered CQ a good overnight choice in an expensive city, but it's probably more suited for leisure travelers than businessmen.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SGECHAMPION
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Firstly - I am writing this review as a business traveller and what I expect from an establishment catering for business travellers.

Good: Value and Location. Close to everywhere you want to go to in mid-town and for the price, it is excellent value no doubt.

BAD: My PA booked here for 2 weeks due to its location and value. I work for a big organisation and travel for work all the time and I have never encountered a hotel that appears not to care at all about its business client - I am making this statement as thinking about it, if it's not taking care of their business clients, I dread to think how they treat their other clients!

1st Flaw: When I checked in, they said they were overbooked and said if I don't mind going to a small room, which happened to be a tiny box room with no windows. OK - I don't mind this that much to be honest as when I go backpacking I stay at hostels, but I am here for business and you do expect some level of standard.

2nd Flaw: The next day I was given another room as promised, but when I went into the room, there is a note waiting on the table effectively saying "Welcome, this room may be noisy so here's some complimentary ear plugs to help you sleep"!. I have NEVER in my 7 years of business travel encountered anything like this. I attach a picture of the note here as I am sure many people would think I am lying or exaggerating.

3rd Flaw: Tried to charge me an extra night without putting it on the Invoice- The next day I asked if I could change rooms as it was noisy and I found it difficult to sleep and they said there was nothing they can do as there's no other rooms available. So I arranged to stay at another hotel and when I spoke to someone on the phone, they confirmed I can check out without being charged. When I checked out they didn't charge me as promised....... Guess what when I checked my credit card the week after? They charged an extra night without even bothering to call or email me or my PA! Lucky that I check my credit card. I find this very sneaky and unprofessional of them.

In summary, I would have given them 1 star but for the location and value (it is actually very cheap), but I think if they don't even provide basic common sense level of treatment of service for business travellers, what chance would individual non-business travellers have?

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business