“Nice hotel, nice to see services such as wifi and breakfast included but they need to upgrade the lift.”

Broadway Plaza Hotel
Ranked #136 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on our first night in New York. We were welcomed straight through to the small reception by the bellman. We had a few issues on checking due to the room being booked in our friends name who wasn't due to arrive till later. It took us a little while to get them to let us check in- so always make sure that the first person to arrive has booked the room!! After a long flight you don't want to have to wait around. The bellman told us that we could get coffee upstairs- and we liked that complimentary breakfast was included (we didnt have time to take advantage of this, and although its served in a small room buffet style we saw plenty of people taking food back to their rooms for the space to enjoy the bagels, muffins and coffee on offer) as well as Internet access. The bathroom was nice the shower was a little small but it was all clean. Beds were very comfy and our two bed room was very spacious but it had no views so was a little dark - but we weren't spending much time in the room anyway. They really need to replace the lift- it takes forever and only one working. We only stayed one night, and would possibly stay here again if the price was right. It had a nice location-handy for most things to see and do in New York!

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was our first stay in New York and the Hotel Was quite nice for the price. It is very expensive to stay in NYC and the broadway was well priced for the area. It is nice and handy to the shopping areas, empire state building subway etc. We felt safe walking to the hotel at night, lots of people around. The afternoons were a little different lots of native Americans hanging around on the street corners but they didn't bother us. The room was nice, a very good size and large comfy bed. The staff were very friendly and helpfull, the only thing I could pick on is the lift. It was very slow and was playing up, there was a second lift that only went to floor 7 but it was not working as they are doing some upgrades. I would stay here again if in NYC.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2012

For New York standard, this hotel offers great deals. It's located on Broadway, and it's super easy and convenient to get anywhere. Hotel employees were very nice and they made sure things were going well for me (and I'm sure they did the same for other visitors).
My room was big (I think they upgraded at no additional cost, which was very nice of them) and I had everything I needed.
They do offer breakfast, but it is very minimal (already-made muffins, cereal, coffee, some fruits only). It didn't bother me at all, as I wasn't going to eat breakfast at the hotel anyway.

I don't recall but Wiki wasn't included as far as I remember...You'd have to pay for it if you want to have Wi-Fi access in your room, I think.

My conclusion is that I recommend this hotel to families. Big rooms with ok breakfast in an area close to major landmarks in NYC. I think it's a good deal.

Room Tip: I don't have any tips in this ara
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Just returned from 3 nights at this hotel and will stay again. The room had 2 large double beds, flat screen tv, desk, bureau and plenty of place to hang the clothes. It was room 605 and looked right out at the Empire State. The bathroom was large and clean. The rug was a little worn and had some stains (probably wine!) but otherwise the room was very clean. Bed comfortable. The continental breakfast was just that so don't expect much. The coffee was hot and since I'm not a big breakfast person it worked out fine. The location was perfect, just a short walk from Penn Station so easy to find. Staff was great! If you need to book a tour be sure to check with them.

I had checked many hotels and this by far had the best rate. I would stay again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sunshine2go
Reviewed September 4, 2012

What a great suprise this was. Beautiful clean room with all facilities one would expect. Super friendly, helpful & curteous staff, good breakfast which can be taken to ones room all in a prime location on Broadway. Close to many attractions with a variety of eating establishments within easy walking distance. I cannot criticise this hotel on any score and would stay here on any return trip to NYC without even looking elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Duncan064
Reviewed August 31, 2012

nice rooms and awesome location!! been there everytime when in NYC and will go again! breakfast room is small and always full but take-away breakfast in room is fine(nice to eat breakfast sitting in the window and looking morning rush-hour in broadway)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2012

very nice and comfortable Hotel with access to any part of New York within minutes. Affordable price and Clean rooms. Will recommend it to any traveler or family with Kids. Will sure stay again in April 2013.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business