“Good deal”

Broadway Plaza Hotel
Ranked #127 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed September 22, 2012

For New York standard, this hotel offers great deals. It's located on Broadway, and it's super easy and convenient to get anywhere. Hotel employees were very nice and they made sure things were going well for me (and I'm sure they did the same for other visitors).
My room was big (I think they upgraded at no additional cost, which was very nice of them) and I had everything I needed.
They do offer breakfast, but it is very minimal (already-made muffins, cereal, coffee, some fruits only). It didn't bother me at all, as I wasn't going to eat breakfast at the hotel anyway.

I don't recall but Wiki wasn't included as far as I remember...You'd have to pay for it if you want to have Wi-Fi access in your room, I think.

My conclusion is that I recommend this hotel to families. Big rooms with ok breakfast in an area close to major landmarks in NYC. I think it's a good deal.

Room Tip: I don't have any tips in this ara
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,456)

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Just returned from 3 nights at this hotel and will stay again. The room had 2 large double beds, flat screen tv, desk, bureau and plenty of place to hang the clothes. It was room 605 and looked right out at the Empire State. The bathroom was large and clean. The rug was a little worn and had some stains (probably wine!) but otherwise the room was very clean. Bed comfortable. The continental breakfast was just that so don't expect much. The coffee was hot and since I'm not a big breakfast person it worked out fine. The location was perfect, just a short walk from Penn Station so easy to find. Staff was great! If you need to book a tour be sure to check with them.

I had checked many hotels and this by far had the best rate. I would stay again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sunshine2go
Reviewed September 4, 2012

What a great suprise this was. Beautiful clean room with all facilities one would expect. Super friendly, helpful & curteous staff, good breakfast which can be taken to ones room all in a prime location on Broadway. Close to many attractions with a variety of eating establishments within easy walking distance. I cannot criticise this hotel on any score and would stay here on any return trip to NYC without even looking elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Duncan064
Reviewed August 31, 2012

nice rooms and awesome location!! been there everytime when in NYC and will go again! breakfast room is small and always full but take-away breakfast in room is fine(nice to eat breakfast sitting in the window and looking morning rush-hour in broadway)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2012

very nice and comfortable Hotel with access to any part of New York within minutes. Affordable price and Clean rooms. Will recommend it to any traveler or family with Kids. Will sure stay again in April 2013.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank VishalRodrigo
Reviewed August 17, 2012

As you all know, staying in New York City can get VERY expensive, however the Broadway Plaza Hotel give travelers the option to have a nice hotel for a good price. I've stayed at this hotel 4 times (in the past two years) and I would definitely recommend it to other travelers. The rooms are rather large and the bathrooms are nicely decorated and always kept clean. There could be better lighting but, for the price, I'm not going to complain too much. The linen is a bit dated but the beds are extremely comfortable! The staff are great. I stayed here once (last summer) when I was pregnant and they made sure to have the bell hop help me almost every time they (front desk staff) saw me!
This hotel does provide complimentary breakfast for guests however it's not the greatest, but its nice to know I have the option of eating here if I wanted to.
The location is PERFECT! This hotel is a short cab ride (or walking distance on a nice day) to Times Square.
I'm headed to NYC again in the fall and I know exactly where I'm staying!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank FeBrews
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This was a surprise vacation for my wife's 50th birthday, and the hotel we chose did not disappoint.
-location is ideal; halfway between Times Square and the theater district(a little touristy for my liking) and our favorite part of town, Greenwich Village. Also close to the High Line Trail and the Chelsea Market.

-very clean and extremely helpful and friendly.

-the room was roomier than a lot of NY hotels, especially for the price. Everything in the room worked and the shower was great. Air conditioning was sufficient also. Our 11th storey room had a view of the Empire State Building.

-2 very minor complaints: I would have liked to see toast, cereal or fruit with the continental breakfast-there were bagels, croissants and pastries along with juice and coffee. The other issue was the elevators. If you are higher than 7th floor only one of them goes there and sometimes we waited forever. I think they are both on the same circuitry-when we pushed the up button from the 4th floor sometimes the wrong elevator would arrive repeatedly and the signal would then be cancelled. A little frustrating.

Overall, we loved the place and will definitely stay here again. Every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple