“Great stay”

Broadway Plaza Hotel
Ranked #129 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed May 5, 2012

The Broadway Plaza was a great place to stay for my family 2 adults and 2 boys 5 and 7. We were central to everything the Empire state building which we could see from our room, build a bear work shop, 5th avenue shopping, Rockafella plaza and a whole lot more. We where happy to walk around but the 28th and Broadway subway was right around the corner. There was also a Greenway shopping center close by for food and other stuff. Rooms where big and clean you could not ask for more. Breakfast was traditional American and I had the wrestle to giant doughnut out of the 5 year old's hand before he could eat it but they have milk, bread and bagels. We bough cereal and bowls at the Greenway got the milk in the morning and ate in our room. The staff where great and really friendly. Have to say New york was one of the most friendly places we went in the US!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank AdventurefamilyCragg

Reviewed May 3, 2012

We had a fantastic time staying at The Broadway Plaza Hotel. It was easily accessible to public transport, but like previous reviews have stated, kind of in a weird area that is between Flat Iron District and Times Square Area. Really good breakfast though meant that we weren't having to find things in the local vicinity when we first got up.

The one downside to the room was that it smelt like that there had been a smoker previous, so had a fairly smoky smell initially until we aired the room out for a few days.

Staff were fairly friendly and there are plenty of brochures advertising plenty of things at the front reception.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gralice1
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I spent about 2 weeks in this hotel, and the room and service staff come with high recommendations in my book. No matter what hour I encountered someone of the service staff, whether mid-day or midnight, I was always met with politeness and service-mindedness. The room was tidy and clean, and even though the bathtub had obviously seen better days (in terms of fashion and trends), the whole bathroom was clean and well-maintained. Although WiFi access was not free, a 24-hour pass was relatively inexpensive (less than $10 per day - and the staff I ordered my Internet access for the day were also very accommodating as for the time of day I was ordering it). The breakfast buffet was included, but the breakfast selection was very limited (bagels, a few pastries and two types of jam), but slightly fulfilling. The breakfast room was rather small (with a limited seating area of about 4-5 tables), but there were trays available for taking the breakfast back to your room. I was lucky enough to have the breakfast room on the same floor as my hotel room (4th floor), so I didn't have far to go. Even though there aren't many restaurants in the immediate area, the nearest subway station is only a city block away (5 minutes walking, tops). The N, Q and R lines pass stop here (not the express, though), meaning that Times Square, NYU and Union Square are well within reach on a short amount of time.

With rooms starting at the 4th floor, this also meant that city traffic was far enough below my window to not disturb my sleep, no matter the time of day/night I chose to sleep or take a nap.

Simply said: Great value for great service.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank NeonNero
Reviewed May 2, 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Broadway Plaza at the end of April 2012. We had a great stay.

Our room was on the sixth floor and enjoyed a view of the Empire State Building. We found the room to be spacious with two queen beds which were the most comfortable we have ever left on, plenty of storage space and the en suite bath and shower were fine.

The hotel staff were very helpful and could not do enough for us, especially Anthony the senior Concierge and his colleagues.

The complementary continental breakfast was enjoyable with pastries, bagels, fruit juices, coffee and tea. We were able to enjoy this in the breakfast room on occasion but usually we took the tray from our room and loaded it up before returning to our room to enjoy the breakfast. We were able to get tea and coffee at any time of the day from the same place.

The location of the hotel was perfect for us. My partner is not a great walker but it was only a 15 minute stroll to Times Square and we did this walk there and back frequently. There is a Subway station on the corner of Broadway and 28th street (about one minute's walk away from the hotel) and the tour buses stop on Sixth avenue which is about five minutes walk away. I believe that many tourists stay in or around Times Square but the discerning tourist who reads reviews knows not to do this as it can be rather noisy at night; therefore the Broadway Plaza is an excellent choice. One of the best restaurants in NYC, Eleven Madison Park, is just a few minutes walk away (if you can get in; we were lucky enough to), as is the Shake Shack in Madison Park itself.

All in all, I would recommend the Broadway Plaza wholeheartedly. It is four star accommodation at less than four star rates. This will not be our only visit to NYC and we shall stay at the Broadway Plaza on subsequent visits.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ILoveEurope67
Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

A good room though bathroom is small but perfectly functional. I echo the comments about the breakfast room. Coffe was good though. Staff were helpful and happy to store my bag till mind afternoon.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank IamthatDan
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I had high hopes for Broadway Plaza. It was not good from the start. At check in, their printer was having issues so it took about 15 min to check in. After waiting for the very slow elevator, I was not happy to get to my room and find the key was not working. I had to wait for elevator again and they gave me 2 new keys, 1 of which did not work. The room was small and dated, the light fixtures were pulling away from the wall, no coffee pot, toiletries were awful. The continental breakfast was in a small kitchen dinette area which was jammed pack. The breakfast had muffins, donuts, bagels... My favorites... But they all tasted like they were a day old. I was very disappointed with my stay.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Ndnomads
Reviewed April 19, 2012

once you get past the very narrow lobby, the hotel is good for the price. clean and comfortable.

the

the breakfast is not great - just coffee and bagels, etc. and in a very small room.

ask for a room on a higher floor, the street is very noisy

Room Tip: ask for a room on a higher floor, the street is very noisy