Just returned from a week's stay. I would definitely stay again, great location, beautiful interior, the beds well wow, soooo comfortable, not sure I have ever slept so well in a hotel. The welcome you receive is warm and friendly and for us this continued throughout the stay, doorman really helpful and actually say 'welcome back' each time you walk through the door. This hotel do everything they can to make you happy, little teddy for our daughter as we arrived, plates of luxurious hand made chocolates waiting for us when we returned one day! We had room 924, two double beds, Deluxe Room, great TV, plenty of space, lovely bathroom. This room looks out from the back of hotel, so we didn't have a river or Liberty View, you would have to request this and is extra.
We have visited New York quite a few times but never stayed in Battery Park area. There is some regeneration work going on now at the river front around the ferry area and pierI would recommend as the Metro is a short walk away at Rector Street, right next to the best diner George's. We saw so much more of NYC than ever before. The hotel is a right on the Hudson River and from the hotel lobby you can sit, free wifi, looking out at Lady Liberty. We didn't use the restaurant or room service as with a fussy 10 year old it is a waste of money as the food is very pricy. On the last night it was my husband's birthday so we treated ourselves to our fave champagne so we could dress in our finery and go to the bar, just a glass each but $29 a glass!! So you get the picture. Our daughter was welcome but we were ushered away from the bar area, very nicely actually, to a table in the bistro. Daughter was bought a bowl of fruit! I know reviewers have called this more of a Conference Hotel, and I can see why, there aren't facilities for children, but with American TV and New York for a garden she was happy and never complained!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Look out across the waterfront as Lady Liberty stands proudly over symbolic Ellis Island. Sweeping views command your attention at every turn. American history surrounds you as the Smithsonian Museum of the American Indian and other impressive tributes are just steps away. As the only five star waterfront hotel in Manhattan, The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park immerses its guests in all the luxury and cultural heritage of this bustling city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Marriott, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Battery Park Hotel New York City
- Ritz New York City
- Ritz-Carlton New York City
- New York City Ritz-Carlton