“5 star because it is 5 star This is a must stay in NY”

The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park
Ranked #85 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The foyer is grand & spacious with staff at the ready to great you ,
The reception is everything ready to help with a comfortable seating area to rear near the dinning area .
The rooms are larger than most in New York as space is at a premium ,but are very smart & elegantly chique but not over the top like some .
The bathroom again is perfect & spacious & the Asperay's toiletry's are the finer detail you get with this hotel & towels as thick as I have ever seen ,
Over all I have stayed in hotels world wide & I can say this was a nice experience but it as one more attribute I that is worth a definate stay at night as its near financial district you can hear a pin drop go to the hustle & bustle of the city & you will forever hear sirens & noise hear i had the best nights sleep I have ever had in this city .
Dont worry its down at battery near financial it as 2 subway stations few min walk away .

Room Tip: If you can afford the rooms over looking the statue of Liberty go for it .
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank garryUKLancs
There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed here for two nights during a business trip to NYC. There's not much I can say that others haven't already touched on.

The hotel is as quiet as it gets. It is located in a lovely part of the city and our room had a perfect view of the Statue of Liberty. Try to make your reservation in a category that allows you to have that view.

The Concierge, I think it was Pat, was very helpful with our car reservations etc. The staff in general are all very kind, engaging, and more than willing to do anything to help. That attitude is pretty typical at a Ritz as they have a wonderful training concept. Their ladies and gentlemen are the best!!

We had room service one night which was prompt and the food was delicious and served piping hot, not luke warm like in many establishments.

The rooftop workout facility had an excellent selection of cardiovascular equipment along a broad selection of weight stack equipment. The best part of that area is the view of the bay from that top floor location!! Wow! What a pleasure it was to workout up there!

All in all a wonderfully relaxing stay in a 5 star hotel!

Room Tip: Book in a category that guarantees a view of the Statue of Liberty
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank JBHAtlanta
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I and our 2 daughters stayed in a suite at this property for 3 nights Oct 16-19. While the staff was polite, professional and courteous, the room was substandard. We had a loud banging noise all of us 3 times in the night. While we were eventually moved to another room, it was not until 3pm the next day, after further complaining.

Further, there was a bad miscommunication--when I talked to maintenance the next day, he said he got the paper out of the vent. I said no, it is crazy loud, not paper fluttering in the vent. So he had to go back in and fix the water hammer.

In short, wasting my time, keeping us out of the room while they tried to fix it, keeping my infant daughter up during her nap, keeping us all up at night...for $1000 a night I expect more than just "sorry."

In fairness, the restaurant was terrific. Ask for Rocco, Mustak or Tino as your server. They are very attentive and took great care of us.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 21, 2013

When we arrived around 5pm to find our room was not available due to a large group leaving late, the profuse apology was accompanied with an offer to have dinner on them or a discount to the room. The fact is, it was a beautiful day and we walked across the street and sat an an open air dining spot overlooking the statue of liberty & sipped wine. Upon our return they were ready for us. Since we'd had a long day, we decided to order room service for dinner. The food arrived on time and was delicious. Every service person employed at this hotel treated us the same way: with the utmost courtesy and a genuine desire to be at our service. What a lovely experience!

Room Tip: I'm not certain there is a bad room in this hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Indeed it was a pleasure. We regularly stay at the Ritz Buckhead and were eager to see how the Battery Park compared. Wondered about the location when we booked as it is not in the center of everything. However, you can't beat the ambiance of the views of the Statue of Liberty (our club level room had a tremendous view, complete with telescope) And with the subway stations just a few minutes walk away, you can be uptown quickly and easily. The club did not disappoint and was up to the Ritz exceptional standards.
We enjoyed our stay and will stay here again.

Room Tip: Must have statue view!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cclisch
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton in Battery Park, New York City for a business conference and was very impressed. The accomidationis were amazing and the view of the Statute of Liberty was unbelievable. The space for my conference was good. I prefer to sit at a table during a lecture, which was not in every room. Not a ton nearby, but enough to keep you busy and it is very easy to travel with the subway a block away.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I traveled to NYC last weekend for a girls getaway. We ended up choosing the Ritz Battery Park because we could get a large hotel room for a good rate (it's still the Ritz, so I wouldn't call it cheap...but no complaints from me about price). 3 girls shared a corner room and we had PLENTY of room. That's great for NYC. The bathroom was huge! The beds were great. It's all the way downtown in Battery Park, which I was a little concerned about when I booked the hotel...but the location wasn't bad at all. We walked to the West Village and Soho one afternoon and walked to the Brookly Bridge another day (30 min. walk or so)...and when we wanted to go uptown we hopped on the subway, which was about 4-5 blocks away. Also, the location being so far downtown was very quiet. It's not in a hip neighborhood, but for the price, the size, and the quality...I would book again anytime!

Room Tip: Corner room was big for any city and HUGE for NYC!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends