we traveled with kids 4 and 7 and we were extremely happy
we decided for the Ritz because of the Statue of Liberty view with a telescope in the room! kids had a lot of fun with that.
excellent position especially if you want to visit the Statue. you will get quick to the ferry and back.
also close to subway lines 1,4,5 which basically takes you to upper Manhattan in 20 min a lot faster than taxi.
very friendly with the kids. have kids menu. always provided an extra for the kids at the restaurant.
cookies at night for kids plus activity book and a small plush toy.
room itself is medium to large in size. for NYC is enormous, if compared to older hotels.
the bathroom however is magnificent for NYC standards - large, shower and full bath and lot of space; hard to beat that in NYc
parking is extra 60 or 70 for SUV per night and every time you pull the car out another 70 is charged
no free wifi apart from lobby
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Look out across the waterfront as Lady Liberty stands proudly over symbolic Ellis Island. Sweeping views command your attention at every turn. American history surrounds you as the Smithsonian Museum of the American Indian and other impressive tributes are just steps away. As the only five star waterfront hotel in Manhattan, The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park immerses its guests in all the luxury and cultural heritage of this bustling city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, HotelPower, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Battery Park Hotel New York City
- Ritz New York City
- Ritz-Carlton New York City
- New York City Ritz-Carlton