The Wagner at the Battery
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
World Center Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
W New York - Downtown(New York City)
  • Room Service
2,392 results
All reviewsthe ritz carltonstatue of libertybattery parkclub levelharbor view roomellis islandwall streetnew yorklower manhattanthe financial districtroom servicehudson riverin room diningquiet locationfreedom towercupcakesfour seasons
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Loved this Ritz! One of the nicest I have stayed in. Loved the location of Battery Park and feeling like you are in the city, but not so fast paced. The views of the Statue of Liberty are amazing. Concierge was very helpful. Beds very comfortable, rooms very clean. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Statue of Liberty views
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JSinCO
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is in a very cool location, despite extensive construction just outside the property.
The staff was very nice in general.
They could use some tech upgrades in the rooms, i.e. usb ports, and internet access that is reliable. The Wi-fi was out for two days.
This hotel has a very cool looking rooftop terrace that they don't use. The restaurant is nice, but ordinary.
On the morning of our check-out, they lost the keys to the car we were traveling in. They did get us a driver however.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We booked a last minute room at the Ritz a couple of weeks ago. We did upgrade to the Statue of Liberty view and it was worth it, my kid loved the telescope.

I'm marriott gold but had never stayed in ritz before. For the price we paid, I thought it was going to be some incredible experience. It was a hotel that was more friendly than typical marriotts but I didn't feel like I was in the lap of luxury at all. In fact, we had asked for something when a staff member was passing by and it never arrived.

We would probably go back just for the location itself but only if it was a good last minute rate again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank puff007NewEngland
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed here in Aug from 16-22 Aug. Great location. But as a recurring guest at many of the ritz carlton's other hotels, this property disappoints in terms of service and amenities in the room. Service was lackluster generally and concierge was more forced than forthcoming. I understand prices in NYC are high but that should correspond with good service. Clearly, I expected more but was left with no more words to say. Oh yes, Wendy at the Club Lounge was the best, the friendliest and genuine with her smiles. Maybe the rest of the staff could take a leaf out of her book.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Leslie_Chua
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Easily one of my favorite hotels in NYC. Great location and amazing views of Lady Liberty. I highly recommend the the "liberty" rooms to anybody travelling for the first time to NY. Rooms are super comfy and room service very efficient despite being a big place. Great gym too.

Room Tip: Definitely the "liberty" rooms for amazing views
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business