If possible, splurge for a Liberty suite and get spectacular views of the Statue of Liberty, Battery Park and NY Harbor. The suite is very spacious with a pantry, large dining table and nice living area. The guest half bath and coat closet is nice if you have guests in the suite.
The bedroom is comfortable and decorated in calming hues. The shower in the bath is somewhat small and the water closet is rather large. I do like the Toto bidet toilet seat. The seat actually inspired me to purchase a similar seat, but different brand, for home use.
The Asprey bath products are terrific and I am always tempted to want to take a few bottles home with me, but can't as I always try to carry on my luggage and the TSA regulations still limit travelers to one small plastic bag with 3 ounces of liquids. You can now carry on a knife, but not extra shampoo! (Sorry, I digressed.)
Located on the 11th floor is the Club which has breakfast and evening cocktails and canapes available. Lunch may also be available, but have not been at the hotel to experience it. The breakfast made available in the Club is very nice with smoked salmon, assorted breads and pastries, cheeses, fruit, yogurt, cold cereals and more. Sodas and water are available throughout the day. Access to the Club costs about an extra $100 per day, but if you are going to actually be at the hotel during the times the food is being served, it is $100 well spent.
The housekeeping staff is absolutely delightful and extremely helpful. I also appreciate the room service cooks/chefs who actually can cook scrambled eggs soft as requested.
Suggest having a copy of your confirmation available upon arrival just to ensure the type of room/suite reserved is the type actually received. I would also suggest that if the doormen are not actually stationed at the door to assist in opening the doors, maybe install a carousel door or automatic doors. The doors, maybe due to the wind during my most recent visit, are somewhat difficult to open.
Definitely the place to stay if you have business downtown or need to visit Brooklyn as the Ritz is located close to the tunnel used to get to Brooklyn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Look out across the waterfront as Lady Liberty stands proudly over symbolic Ellis Island. Sweeping views command your attention at every turn. American history surrounds you as the Smithsonian Museum of the American Indian and other impressive tributes are just steps away. As the only five star waterfront hotel in Manhattan, The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park immerses its guests in all the luxury and cultural heritage of this bustling city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Marriott, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Battery Park Hotel New York City
- Ritz New York City
- Ritz-Carlton New York City
- New York City Ritz-Carlton